PDA

View Full Version : Rules at SMORR

Fred
04-18-2010, 23:09
We have alot of folks coming form around the country, and most, if not all of us carry weapons. Be sure to read and remember the rules at SMORR in particular rule 3

http://smorr.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=51&Itemid=90

No one is allowed to possess any dangerous or controlled substances including, but not limited to firearms and explosives within the park

Fred
04-18-2010, 23:11
a couple others that are inportant

Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash and supervised at all times. NO Rots, Dobermans or Pits allowed. If your dog is aggressive toward people or other animals do not bring it. If a problem occurs you may be asked to leave the Ranch.

NO out of state fired wood allowed. Please either buy some in state or bring your chain saw to cut the dead stuff that is down all over the park due to it being logged before we purchased the land.

HillBillE
04-19-2010, 11:57
NO out of state fired wood allowed. Please either buy some in state or bring your chain saw to cut the dead stuff that is down all over the park due to it being logged before we purchased the land.

That's cool, you can bring a chainsaw with!

MN now has the 'Emerald Ash Borer', they believe it was brought in with out of state firewood.

jeepinjp
04-19-2010, 14:48
Say hello to Brandon for me....

Ross
04-19-2010, 15:12
a couple others that are inportant

Dogs are allowed but must be on a leash and supervised at all times. NO Rots, Dobermans or Pits allowed. If your dog is aggressive toward people or other animals do not bring it. If a problem occurs you may be asked to leave the Ranch.

Now it is no out of the area fire wood. There are concerns with cetian bugs. Larry had told me this and yes the rules say out of state. I asked Brandon to find out what the rule was and it is out of the area, not sure exactly how big that area is. Not sure how much he really cares. But somebody at the state, conservation?, does. It seem to be an issue at many of the campgrounds around here.

HillBillE
04-19-2010, 16:28
Now it is no out of the area fire wood. There are concerns with cetian bugs.

It's getting to be that way all over, as more and more invasive species 'hitch hike' into other areas.

MN has banned 'imported' firewood for a while now, unless it has been certified.

I'll bring my chainsaw with, since gathering wood there is allowed.:D