PDA

View Full Version : Things to Know

Fred
04-21-2010, 15:06
Hey I just want to go through some things that every one needs to know for Camp MJMW

1. Time line:
Thurs May 27th- I will arrive at SMORR and secure our tent camping area, take ownership of our "TOC" tent and set up for registration, anyone else who arrives can help me with all of the above.

Fri May 28th- Attendees begin arriving. Registration will be in our "TOC" Tent, or Larry (Ghost00TJ) camper depending where I pass out the night prior. Around noon, provided there is someone available to handle registration I may hit a few light trails for a in formal pre-run. Around 3-4pm most who are coming hopefully will have arrived and we will start preparing for dinner. 6:30-7:00 PM will be our pot luck dinner immediatly followed by raffles

Sat May 29th- wakey wakey and eat BFast and fight off hang overs. 0800 will be a drivers meeting and we will break into designated groups. Larry (Ghost00TJ) will be acting as trail boss and prior to the drivers meeting we will have groups designated so all we do is line up on your assigned trail guide and we can roll out (NOTE) Bring lunch, snacks, and drinks for the trail because not all trail guides will be going in to the Ranch for lunch (HOWEVER) the Ranch will have it's kitchen open so if your group comes in you will be able to buy food there

Sun May 30th- If your not leaving Sun we will have a trail run Sun, we will push everything right one hour 0900 driver meeting and go from there. Tis will likely be a 1/2 day ride. The rest of Sunday will be clean up, pack up, and head for home

Mon May 31st- Most will be home happy Memorial Day

2. Raffles
Everyone who attends will leave with something!! Don't get ass hurt if you leave with a TShirt and the guy next to you leave with a $400 winch, UNFORTUNATLY I could not get 30 high value prizes. The way the tickets will work will be simple. At registration I will distro one raffle ticket per driver, so yes if one family brings two rigs they may win two things. If you fail to register don't worry at dinner right before the raffles I will make an announcment that if anyone missed registration to do so now, remember no registration no raffle ticket. Also keep in mind when you check in at SMORR they shoudl give you a raffle ticket for Sat Nights Show Me fun Run Raffles thats why we are doing ours Fri Night. Along with the raffles I will have 2 seperate buckets one for XJ Owners and one for TJ owners, because I have an XJ Bumper from FrankZ and a pair of TJ Bumpers from T&T Customs and it wouldn't make sense for a TJ owner to win an XJ Bumper and vise Versa.

3. Awards.
I have 10 catagories for "Awards" these will be awarded Sat after the days ride when all the rigs are in. We will do these around the Campfire. Catagories are
Farthest TraveledMost CarnageFirst CarnageLast CarnageWorst StuckBest "show" on the trailCleanest At the End of the DayMuddiest/Dirtiest at the end of the DayMost Stock (newest Jeep)Least Stock (Farthest From a Jeep)
This is the Alternate reason for the registration form

4. Donations & 50/50
At the front gate I will post a donation bucket. This is simple donations to the event. Also through out the weekend At the "TOC" there will be 50/50 sales. Simple Sat night at the campfire after the awards will be the 50/50, winner takes 50% MJ takes 50% Now some are saying why would I donate $ or buy 50/50's what in the world is the money going to? Wheelers for the Wounded and MJ Ft Leonard Wood Chapter will split the funds raised. The MJFLWC has put some money out to support htis even as well as a fewmembers will have out of pocket expenses to make this event work therefor we are just trying to keep our funds able to support this and future events.

5. Grievances
anyone with any grief about any part of this event, how it was run or organized, or any other person involved with this event take it home with you and talk about it in the AAR. This is meant to be a fun weekend for all and if for some reason you get ass hurt and don't want to play nice the only thing I can say is go home, not to sound like a dick head but thats how I feel about it and I am sure I will get the backing on any descision I make

devildog4x4
04-21-2010, 16:49
Hey I just want to go through some things that every one needs to know for Camp MJMW

5. Grievances
anyone with any grief about any part of this event, how it was run or organized, or any other person involved with this event take it home with you and talk about it in the AAR. This is meant to be a fun weekend for all and if for some reason you get ass hurt and don't want to play nice the only thing I can say is go home, not to sound like a dick head but thats how I feel about it and I am sure I will get the backing on any descision I make

Damn Fred - scar tissue? or are you already anticpating? :D:D

Fred
04-21-2010, 17:01
No just anticipating what may be....like I said when one guy wins a TShirt and another wins a winch and thats all they get (one prize per jeep) I don't want to hear it. I worked as hard as I could to make this event work and to ensure EVERYONE gets something I don't want it to ruin my weekend hearing complaints, and when 100 plus guys get together it will likely happen. Add on top of that Aclohol it can only escalte, especially with guys like me who when I get drunk I do it all the way

So no,no initial hard feelings just stopping what could happen before it happens

devildog4x4
04-21-2010, 17:35
I hear ya. I know what it takes to put events ( not off roading thu ) together and also know it seems like a thankless job. I'm not going to make it but I for one appreciate everyone's time, effort and energy in putting this together and all the other MJ events. :beer::beer: Whish I could make it. Looking forward to seeing pics of the event.

dosomething
04-21-2010, 21:26
what about the guys with the jeeps other than a XJ or a TJ where is are bumpers :D

Fred
04-21-2010, 21:29
still waiting for someone to contact one of the thousands of buisnesses that make them to donate one OR waiting for someone to build one and donate it, either way

Oleretireddude
04-22-2010, 13:21
No just anticipating what may be....like I said when one guy wins a TShirt and another wins a winch and thats all they get (one prize per jeep) I don't want to hear it. I worked as hard as I could to make this event work and to ensure EVERYONE gets something I don't want it to ruin my weekend hearing complaints, and when 100 plus guys get together it will likely happen. Add on top of that Aclohol it can only escalte, especially with guys like me who when I get drunk I do it all the way

So no,no initial hard feelings just stopping what could happen before it happens

And Yea Fred does go all the way on the Alcohol :) lol

Want to Thank You Again Fred for all the hard work that you have done. We would be no where close to what we have if it had not been for your hard work.

Solar Rubi
04-22-2010, 18:59
Ditto on the big thanx Fred. It is a thankless job, but us local folks know the hard work that you and Larry do, regardless of the level of the event. Who's gonna do it when you PCS?:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Fred
04-22-2010, 19:37
Larry and LArry...LOL Thanks guys I really appreciate all the thanks. This event will be my last hurah with the Chapter and region for that fact so I want it to be fun, and one to remember, at least most of it...LOL

goose85427
04-24-2010, 11:32
ill bring some:beer::beer: for you and thanks ahead of time for everything. ill still give you a hard time tho if all i win is a shirt after i bought 3 shirts LMAO:p:D

Fred
04-24-2010, 15:39
At least they are different shirts.

EVERYONE will leave with stuff other than raffle prizes