PDA

View Full Version : Sugestion

jeepinjp
04-25-2010, 16:11
Make it Friday,Sat. and Sun. for those who can......

Big Green
04-25-2010, 20:27
I agree. Though perhaps offer a group going out only in the afternoon. That way you can get to RC that morning and still get some wheeling done after setting up camp or before setting up camp.

jeepinjp
04-25-2010, 20:52
Good idea and somebody do something about the weather

miljeep
04-26-2010, 06:47
I will start a new thread and add suggestions, lessons learned, etc.. so that we can just keep a growing list and maybe some people can get some use out of it even if plan other events for other clubs. The Fri, Sat, Sun one is a good one.

Fred
04-26-2010, 09:07
we are doing ours on a holiday weekend (4day for most 3day for others) that way people can wheel fri if they want, we are wheeling Sat and Sat night, then sun if guys want.

03Sahara
04-26-2010, 10:54
How bout charging a small fee ie 15-20 bucks and have a catered meal at the camp site after saturday wheeling?

bluedragon436
04-26-2010, 10:59
See the Fri,Sat,Sun thing is awesome, doing it on a holiday weekend is good for those that actually get off for holidays, but for those of us who don't it kinds of stinks.. I tried to get this past weekend off so that I could make it up for MJ, but wasn't able too due to too many people having the days off... the sad thing is they are all newer unqualified guys in the first place... so not like it is a big loss... not to mention not like they haven't had leave in the last three months they have been in... me on the other hand have been trying to get leave for a few months now since we got back from the desert... and I haven't had any leave in over a year... anyways back to topic... I think having a few different groups going out at different times during the weekend would be good that way if someone like myself leaves after work on Sat. night, and gets in early Sunday I can still get at least one run in before everyone starts rolling out, maybe even a few more if some people stay a little bit later into the evening on Sundays... Another good idea is getting the information out for at least what weekend the events will be held if not the location, that way people who do have a tough time getting leave approved can put in for it as early as possible... You guys do a great job planning and running the Camp MJ's and hope to make the one for next year on the East coast...

Big Green
04-26-2010, 12:10
Good idea and somebody do something about the weather

And can someone see about getting some gas pumps installed on site. I hate for people to be bothered by having to get gas before they show up. :rolleyes:

korisu56
04-26-2010, 12:16
How bout charging a small fee ie 15-20 bucks and have a catered meal at the camp site after saturday wheeling?

I get back from a school in August. If noone else has, I will once again begin planning this even with intent to go again. Hopefully school doesn't screw it up again.

jeepinjp
04-26-2010, 12:22
And can someone see about getting some gas pumps installed on site. I hate for people to be bothered by having to get gas before they show up. :rolleyes:

yea I hate having to do that...oops I didn`t did I????:):D

warthog_cj7
04-26-2010, 17:04
I get back from a school in August. If noone else has, I will once again begin planning this even with intent to go again. Hopefully school doesn't screw it up again.

I'll toss my hat in that ring again....

jeepinjp
04-26-2010, 21:51
It seems I have as well, since I ate when people complain but dont do anything about it. So I figure if I wprk on improving it I can then bitch when things don`t work out....:)

Scottie
04-27-2010, 08:54
I am with you JP! (posting in lessons learned)

99XJsp
05-10-2010, 15:35
Does anybody out there know if there is anything in the works for a California MJ trip

korisu56
05-10-2010, 15:44
its kinda all about the local members. its all organized by either local chapters or groups from different areas that wind up meeting at camp mj

99XJsp
05-10-2010, 19:02
oh i see so if you want a camp MJ set it up! well then I just might try and make that happen!