PDA

View Full Version : Camp MJ Midwest

Liquor
01-06-2011, 02:31
any dates for the Mid-West run? I'm getting firm dates for Easter Jeep Safari, Jeep Beach, Topless For Tatas and another Big Bend National/State Park run. Now I'm looking for dates for CMJ-MW. I may be able to attend the East Coast event as well.

Easter Jeep Safari April 16-24
Jeep Beach May 14-19th
Big Bend Parks First week of May perhaps. we still working on the dates here.
Topless For Tatas August 6th

:beer::beer:

Fred
01-16-2011, 22:18
OK guys after some discussion with a few members last night We are think (and this is preliminary) about camp MJMW 2011 in June at SMORR again. BEfore I commit myself to this I will start off by saying I will NOT do this alone, in fact I will be a hub and over all coordinator for several others who WILL do the work. On my staff I will need
1. a liason between us and SMORR. You will also set up trails and trail guides with me
2. at least two guys to contact prosective sponsors
3. someone to handle food/drink menu
4. someone to handle shirts/stickers

we will discuss this all but I think we need to do a registration fee this year, it will be paid in advance. It can include but not limited to, 1 shirt, 1 sticker, park admission for the weekend, and dinner for Sat night

anyway this is all prliminary and NOT set in stone, in fact its not even set in pudding so don't start taking days off work. PM me if your willing to volunteer, for what, and can you actually do it.

miljeep
01-16-2011, 22:27
If people are ID'd that are going to be part of planning this, let me know and I will give them access to the Camp MJ Midwest 11 Planning forum. Only people that are given access can see and post in it.

Fred
01-17-2011, 07:32
as it happens I will do so Thanks Ryan.

Ghost00TJ
01-17-2011, 09:28
Thats funny we just talked about this, I can get with Brandon at smoor if that's where we want it? SMORR certainly has my vote.

Fred
01-17-2011, 11:44
without as dout SMORR will be the location. So are you going to wear 2 hats LArry cause I am sure you will be the shirt man too

Liquor
01-21-2011, 05:31
3 sponsors that will be there with representation: (I'll be representing my sponsors again, I'll get some gift certificates. that's the least I can do.)

4WS.COM (http://4ws.com)

ROCK KRAWLER SUSPENSION (http://rockkrawler.com)

PIT BULL TIRES (http://pitbulltires.com)

I can chat with leaders in the industry I know personally, but can't make any promises. A small list includes; Del and Stacy Albright with BlueRibbon Coalition, Poly Performance, River Raider, Poison Spyder Customs, Rebel Off-Road, sPod, Jeep Speed, MOPAR Underground, and a couple magazines.

below is the letter of intent and sponsor request email used last year. should make it a bit easier for someone to pick this up. remember the BOLD PRINT requires edits for dates and link to the camp-mj mid-west webpage. i would help out but currently deployed and unable to devote time needed to assist.

OK Folks I have a letter of intent and email message I have been sending out to possible sponsors. What we are asking for from sponsors is donations in the form of products, gift certificates or whatever they can give so we can have prizes exclusive for the MJ Pot Luck Dinner.

The Email I am sending reads:
I am representing www.militaryjeepers.com (http://www.militaryjeepers.com/) and we are holding our first
Camp Military Jeepers Mid West Regional event
LINK TO 2011 CAMP-MJ MID-WEST WEBPAGE
During this event we are holding a potlick dinner at which we are going
to be hold a door prize raffle. We are asking for donations in the form
of products of gift certificates or any form your company can support us
with. Attached is a letter of intent that I can send in an email
explaining the whole event.

Military Jeepers
Fort Leonard Wood, MO Chapter

And the Letter of intent reads:

Military Jeepers

MEMORANDUM TO Prospective Camp Military Jeepers (Camp MJ) Mid West Sponsors
DATE: 21 January 2011
SUBJECT: Sponsorship Support for Camp Military Jeepers Mid-West off Road Family Weekend

Introduction
The Military Jeepers Jeep Club was established in December of 2007 and the membership consists of more than 2000 Jeep owners that are serving in or have served in a branch of the United States Military and own a Jeep product.
Purpose
The Fort Leonard Wood Chapter of Military Jeepers is hosting the second annual Camp MJ Mid West Off- Road Family Weekend DATE. The Camp MJ will be held at the Southern Missouri Off- Road Ranch in Seymour, MO (WWW.SMORR.NET (http://www.SMORR.NET))
The intention of this event is to bring members of Military Jeepers from around the nation together for a weekend of off roading, comradeship, and family fun. This event will be open to only current Military Jeeper members
Scope of Activities
The Camp MJ event will begin DATE with members arriving at their conveience. Upon arrival each individual jeeper will obtain their lodging on their own and we will hold an informal registration. Beginning Saturday morning, DATE all attending will acquire breakfast at their leisure, then at approximately 0800 DATE final registration will be held, followed by a drivers meeting leading into the formal Camp MJ trail ride portion. The attendants will be broken into 3-4 groups depending on number of members and build level of jeeps. Each group will set out to follow the trail plan of their trail guide. At approximately 1100 (dependant on the group leader) each group will stop for lunch on the trail, lunch will be self supplied. After lunch each group will continue the trails and at approximately 1700 all groups will meet at the Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch Check-In Gate and select members will begin cooking dinner. Dinner on the night of DATE will be a group pot luck style dinner. At dinner Military Jeepers members will be issued a raffle ticket, and at the commencement of dinner we will hold “door prize raffles”, we will also have prizes for misc. categories such as, just for example furthest traveled, most “carnage”, or best “show on the trail”. After Dinner at approximately 1900 we will hold a night Jeep ride for member who wish to do so, for those not wishing to do the night ride they will begin there own activities such as campfires and general comradeship.

Dispersion of funds
There will be no money raised at this event. Any products donated by any and all companies will be distributed to members at the Saturday night dinner. Raffle door prize tickets will be distributed to members as either one per family, one per vehicle or one per adult family member. Ticket distribution will be dependent on the number of prizes available.

What are we asking from you?
What we are asking for is pretty simple; we need “sponsorship” in the form of raffle items and advertising. We need auto based prizes, 4x4 based prizes, and jeep based prizes. We are asking for gift certificates from general distribution companies for purchase of any items you may offer. We will also accept certificates for “services” you business may offer but please keep in mind we have several members coming from far outside the state of Missouri.

What do we have to offer?
Simply put we will offer you advertisement. For all patrons who donate raffle items your business will be recognized at the time of raffle. For all sponsors we will have a sponsorship board posted with names, business cards, and contact information from all the business’s, this will be displayed through out the period of the weekend and if you have ample business cards available we will have them present to hand out at random.

Conclusion
This is our first annual Camp Military Jeepers Midwest. This will become an annual event and will grow with each year. With your help this event will be a huge success and we hope to build a continuing partnership to have return sponsorship. We are expecting nearly 20 jeeps and over 75 members in attendance. This is a great opportunity for your business to get your name out to the entire Military Jeepers Community as well as well as support your military community. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity and will continue to support us in future ventures.

Point of contact for this memorandum is any of the following:
NAME at PHONE NUMBER or EMAIL ADDRESS

Ghost00TJ
02-14-2011, 09:03
Yea I can work up a shirt deal and whatever else we need help on, I would like to have it as part of the registration fee; we talked about lessons learned and some sort of registration with payment to cover food, shirt(s), stickers; park fees etc.

I'm sure Man Cave Liners can through in a liner deal, have to talk it over with partner first.

Fred
02-14-2011, 10:01
Ok well Ghost link up with Brandon at SMORR and see if he is willing to pick this up again this year and see what he'll offer us? Also hit up Flat Nasty same deal what will they offer, SMORR will be the one I am sure. Also throw the June dates out to them and see whats open

All I think June was decided as best so we have 4, 11, 18, 25 (those are the Sat. I am sure one is a 4 day) so what date works for us?

I need two to three volunteers to start hitting up Sponsors. I simply do not have time to do it this year. I will put everything together and keep track of things as its coming in.

We need a volunteer to handle food. Andrea? Interested?

Yes I agree 100% "registration fee" will cover 1 or 2 TShirt, a sticker, and food/beer for 1 or 2 (we will have 2 prices 1 for 1 attending one for 2 attending)
If someone wants extras of anything it WILL be PREPAY

Everyone will settle camping and admission with the Park

Oleretireddude
02-15-2011, 13:37
It mite be a little less low key than last year by looking at the responses so far to this thread. In a month, only 3 diff folks.

I can be like the 2nd or 3rd assistant to anything, but no time for the primary. Working 7 days a week now and college at night has me strung out . . . And it is almost that Bed Lining time of year again :)

Sounds like a Winner partner, I have a couple ideas also.

Ghost00TJ
02-15-2011, 14:51
Can we sell the beer? Maybe a donation jar for it or a PM deal on it for prepay. Preregistration thing - maybe one of the mj'rs has the ability to set one up.

Like Brian said it's so close not sure the turn out.

Fred
02-15-2011, 16:30
when we get a registration total it will be just that a registration fee that will have all things wrapped up into it. We can set up a way to receive the payments be it PayPal, cash, or something else. I WILL NOT accept any checks unless I know you better than I thought I knew one member on here who stuck me with a $100 check thats now cost me $25 more, but thats a whole new can o' beer

Oleretireddude
02-15-2011, 17:24
I thought I knew one member on here who stuck me with a $100 check thats now cost me $25 more, but thats a whole new can o' beer

LOL . . . Dude, that sux

Purdy good at Drinking Beer !

Fred
02-15-2011, 19:45
yea Bryan, I probably should not have posted but it got me thinking about it and I was aggrivated

Oleretireddude
02-16-2011, 09:45
yea Bryan, I probably should not have posted but it got me thinking about it and I was aggravated

Gotcha brotha . . . That does sux tho . . maybe that individual will see the post and his conscience will get the better and they will take care of it right.

Ya know, they really should add spell check to this, would help Fred out alot . . . :)

Fred
02-16-2011, 10:25
Yea I can't speel I now

Oleretireddude
02-16-2011, 10:35
You still numba 1 in my book :)

You get some 33's yet ?

Jeeper38
02-16-2011, 11:21
I just found this thread...lol. I want to be there and if any help is needed coordinating let me know. June is the same month I ETS. Great way to celebrate with some jeepers! I haven't seen anything on the Ft. Leonardwood thread about this so maybe if there was something about it on there it would help get more attention.

Jeeper38
02-16-2011, 11:32
I don't mind working on Local sponsors if needed. Anyone wanna ride around with me? Also, how far out is a good time to start going around to some places. I don't wanna be to early but not to late either. Never really messed with this before

Jeeper38
02-16-2011, 12:04
Ok well Ghost link up with Brandon at SMORR and see if he is willing to pick this up again this year and see what he'll offer us? Also hit up Flat Nasty same deal what will they offer, SMORR will be the one I am sure. Also throw the June dates out to them and see whats open

All I think June was decided as best so we have 4, 11, 18, 25 (those are the Sat. I am sure one is a 4 day) so what date works for us?

I need two to three volunteers to start hitting up Sponsors. I simply do not have time to do it this year. I will put everything together and keep track of things as its coming in.

We need a volunteer to handle food. Andrea? Interested?

Yes I agree 100% "registration fee" will cover 1 or 2 TShirt, a sticker, and food/beer for 1 or 2 (we will have 2 prices 1 for 1 attending one for 2 attending)
If someone wants extras of anything it WILL be PREPAY

Everyone will settle camping and admission with the Park

If a date isn't set in stone yet can we shoot for June 4? Later in the month may conflict with my ETS/Move. I know the world doesn't revolve around Austin but I thought maybe it could work.

Fred
02-16-2011, 21:06
June 4th is fine for me, I may or may not make the Sat because of ANCOC Class. Thats why I said 4 day weekend. Austin if you wanna help with sponsors, Local is great however contact needs to be made with major companies and the sooner the better

minesweaper
02-16-2011, 21:59
posting this in the different chapters links will help get attention to this. i just found this myself.

Jeeper38
02-17-2011, 05:07
I don't mind getting with bigger sponsors. Is that what the letter that was posted by liquor is for? Or do I just call them and ask? I'm thinking letters would look more professional and credible than some random guy calling and asking for donations.

Fred
02-17-2011, 06:18
Yea thats the letter I used last year. I litterally emailed EVERY offroad relater vendor and compnay I could think of.

Jeeper38
02-17-2011, 08:28
I don't mind doing that. But, we ned to make sure that this thing is gonna happen before I start asking for stuff because right now it's not looking like anybody is interested. I don't wan't to recieve a bunch of donation, etc and then no one comes and I have all this stuff that was givin to us for no reason. What do these vendors get in return for this. Will they want event pictures or just thankyou letters or what?

Ghost00TJ
02-17-2011, 09:05
Ok lets do this for the 4th of June 2011? YES or NO; and run with it- we need to blast it across MJ site and local jeep clubs as a recruiting drive and MJ event. More people the better.

Need to get hot on this before summer events eat up all the sponsors give away funding.

Fred
02-17-2011, 09:27
June 4th is fine as long as SMORR can pick it up.

In return we offered them pix, a certificate, and tell them we will advertise by hanging whatever advertisments they send up, handing out buisness cards, and product fliers, or whatever advertiseing stuff they send us. We WON'T do like last year and have companies send us $1000 worth of free advertising crap that I handed out and not send us any prizes.

Once we get this date set hard we will post it in the Camp MJ section, The Midwest forum, The public forums, and on every jeep site across the web, but keep in mind membership requirements for MJ, must be past or present military and own a jeep.

Ghost00TJ
02-17-2011, 09:33
I'll get ahold of Brandon today

May:
Ranch open to the public May 6th - 8th
MCBC Spring Round up (open to the public) May 13th-15th
Jeep Jamboree (closed to the public) May 19th-22nd
Memorial Day Weekend ( open to the public ) May 27th-30th
Show Me Fun Run (open to the public) May 27th-30th

June:
SIJA 2011 JEEP JAM (Open to the public) June 3rd-5th
OJT 4xfest ( open to the public ) Jun 10th-12th
Ranch open to the public Jun 17th-19th
Ranch open to the public Jun 24th-26th

July:
SMORR's 4th Of July Bash Jul 1st-4th
Ranch closed July 8th-10th
Ranch open to the public Jul 15th-17th
Ranch open to the public Jul 22nd-24th

We have a couple members in this club

Ghost00TJ
02-17-2011, 10:05
Got an email back from SMORR they are good with us and SIJA at the same time (4jun11), I figured it would be ok with them.

So the 4th?????????? Lets roll with it time is short

Jeeper38
02-17-2011, 11:29
Ok, sounds good. I will start sending that letter out on monday after i get back from my house this weekend. Do you think email or snail mail is better? I don't mind buying the stamps. lol. Also, Who is doing the rest of this stuff. I don't mind mind requesting the donations and bringing them to the event but dont we still need some people to do other things like handle food and souvenirs and stuff? Just curious.

Fred
02-17-2011, 12:04
Ok, sounds good. I will start sending that letter out on monday after i get back from my house this weekend. Do you think email or snail mail is better? I don't mind buying the stamps. lol. Also, Who is doing the rest of this stuff. I don't mind mind requesting the donations and bringing them to the event but dont we still need some people to do other things like handle food and souvenirs and stuff? Just curious.

I did all email last year, faster yes or no, I was VERY persistant too, I sent a reminder every week until I go the yes or no, I wanted SOME response.

Heres what We have:
Contact with SMORR-Larry
Trail Selection-Larry/Bryan
Shirts-Larry
Stickers- ?
Sponsors/Raffles- Austin/Liquer
Food Coordination- ? Catered so we don't have to cook Sat Night?
Accountant for Pre registration- Larry and Andrea (I volunteered you since you will be handleing shirts)

Registration Cut of will be 2 weeks prior (May 21st) to give time for sticker/shirt/food orders (IN by May 28th). If your NOT pre-registered you can still attend but its simple you won't eat our food, won't get stickers or shirts.

Jeeper38
02-17-2011, 12:14
I'm liking the way this is coming together. If I have time tonight after loading up my stuff for this weekend I will start shooting the emails out. I'm taking my hardtop home and bringing the soft top back since its nice weather now. lol

Ghost00TJ
02-17-2011, 12:41
I did all email last year, faster yes or no, I was VERY persistant too, I sent a reminder every week until I go the yes or no, I wanted SOME response.

Heres what We have:
Contact with SMORR-Larry
Trail Selection-Larry/Bryan
Shirts-Larry
Stickers- ?
Sponsors/Raffles- Austin/Liquer
Food Coordination- ? Catered so we don't have to cook Sat Night?
Accountant for Pre registration- Larry and Andrea (I volunteered you since you will be handleing shirts)

Registration Cut of will be 2 weeks prior (May 21st) to give time for sticker/shirt/food orders (IN by May 28th). If your NOT pre-registered you can still attend but its simple you won't eat our food, won't get stickers or shirts.
and I'll use smell cheque

Oleretireddude
02-17-2011, 12:53
and I'll use smell cheque

LOL

Good thing Fred had some folks prof-read the Letter of Intent last year.

Fred
02-17-2011, 12:59
bit me bofe off u guyz

Jeeper38
02-20-2011, 20:26
Here's what I got after looking at the posted memo and slightly modifying it. Tell me waht you guys think and I'll get it fired out to placwes starting tomorrow. I'm pretty good about spelling but if my punctuation has issues in that email let me know... here it is...

Dear Sirs,
I am representing www.militaryjeepers.com (http://www.militaryjeepers.com/) and we are holding our second
http://www.militaryjeepers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?203-Camp-MJ-Midwest-2011
with. Attached is a letter of intent that explains who we are and the purpose of this event

Military Jeepers

MEMORANDUM TO: Prospective Camp Military Jeepers (Camp MJ) Mid West Sponsors
DATE: June 4, 2011
SUBJECT: Sponsorship Support for Camp Military Jeepers Mid-West off Road Family Weekend

Introduction
The Military Jeepers Jeep Club was established in December of 2007 and the membership consists of more than 2000 Jeep owners that are serving in or have served in a branch of the United States Military and own a Jeep product.
Purpose
The Fort Leonard Wood Chapter of Military Jeepers is hosting the second annual Camp MJ Mid West Off- Road Family Weekend, June 3-5. The Camp MJ will be held at the Southern Missouri Off- Road Ranch in Seymour, MO (WWW.SMORR.NET (http://www.smorr.net/))
The intention of this event is to bring members of Military Jeepers from around the nation together for a weekend of off roading, comradeship, and family fun. This event will be open to only current Military Jeeper members
Scope of Activities
The Camp MJ event will begin June 3rd with members arriving at their conveience. Upon arrival each individual jeeper will obtain their lodging on their own and we will hold an informal registration. Beginning Saturday morning, June 4th all attending will acquire breakfast at their leisure, then at approximately 0800, June 4th final registration will be held, followed by a drivers meeting leading into the formal Camp MJ trail ride portion. The attendants will be broken into 3-4 groups depending on number of members and build level of jeeps. Each group will set out to follow the trail plan of their trail guide. At approximately 1100 (dependant on the group leader) each group will stop for lunch on the trail, lunch will be self supplied. After lunch each group will continue the trails and at approximately 1700 all groups will meet at the Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch Check-In Gate and select members will begin cooking dinner. Dinner on the night of June 4th will be a group pot luck style dinner. At dinner Military Jeepers members will be issued a raffle ticket, and at the commencement of dinner we will hold “door prize raffles”, we will also have prizes for misc. categories such as, just for example furthest traveled, most “carnage”, or best “show on the trail”. After Dinner at approximately 1900 we will hold a night Jeep ride for member who wish to do so, for those not wishing to do the night ride they will begin there own activities such as campfires and general comradeship.

Dispersion of funds
There will be no money raised at this event. Any products donated by any and all companies will be distributed to members at the Saturday night dinner. Raffle door prize tickets will be distributed to members as either one per family, one per vehicle or one per adult family member. Ticket distribution will be dependent on the number of prizes available.

What we are asking for is pretty simple; we need “sponsorship” in the form of raffle items and advertising. We need auto based prizes, 4x4 based prizes, and jeep based prizes. We are asking for gift certificates from general distribution companies for purchase of any items you may offer. We will also accept certificates for “services” you business may offer but please keep in mind we have several members coming from far outside the state of Missouri.

Simply put we will offer you advertisement. For all patrons who donate raffle items your business will be recognized at the time of raffle. For all sponsors we will have a sponsorship board posted with names, business cards, and contact information from all the business’s, this will be displayed through out the period of the weekend and if you have ample business cards available we will have them present to hand out at random.

Conclusion
This is our first annual Camp Military Jeepers Midwest. This will become an annual event and will grow with each year. With your help this event will be a huge success and we hope to build a continuing partnership to have return sponsorship. We are expecting nearly 20 jeeps and over 75 members in attendance. This is a great opportunity for your business to get your name out to the entire Military Jeepers Community as well as well as support your military community. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity and will continue to support us in future ventures.

Austin Hatcher at (816)200-3074 or [email protected]

brian613
02-20-2011, 21:04
in the "conclusion" section this is the second event not the first ans i thought i read somewhere that there were over 5k members? other than that i think it looks good

Jeeper38
02-20-2011, 21:13
So, here is the places I was able to find what seem to be good email addresses.

4 wheel drive hardware
Warn
Ramsey
Super Swamper
Ballistic Fab
Skyjacker
Bestop
KC Hilites
Mile marker
4 wheel parts.

Here are some I tried but either couldn't find email addresses on their web sites or they said they don't sponsor or donate to clubs.
Pitbull
Superwinch
Blue Torch Fab
Rubicon Express (out of business I think...bummer)
Superlift
Smittybilt

Any more ideas for businesses for me to try let me know. I will send the email out tomorrow other wise.

Jeeper38
02-20-2011, 21:16
ok.. i adjusted the conclusion a little so check it out

Dear Sirs,
I am representing www.militaryjeepers.com (http://www.militaryjeepers.com/) and we are holding our second
http://www.militaryjeepers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?203-Camp-MJ-Midwest-2011
with. Attached is a letter of intent that explains who we are and the purpose of this event

Military Jeepers

MEMORANDUM TO: Prospective Camp Military Jeepers (Camp MJ) Mid West Sponsors
DATE: June 4, 2011

Introduction
Purpose
The Fort Leonard Wood Chapter of Military Jeepers is hosting the second annual Camp MJ Mid West Off- Road Family Weekend, June 3-5. The Camp MJ will be held at the Southern Missouri Off- Road Ranch in Seymour, MO (WWW.SMORR.NET (http://www.smorr.net/))
Scope of Activities
The Camp MJ event will begin June 3rd with members arriving at their conveience. Upon arrival each individual jeeper will obtain their lodging on their own and we will hold an informal registration. Beginning Saturday morning, June 4th all attending will acquire breakfast at their leisure, then at approximately 0800, June 4th final registration will be held, followed by a drivers meeting leading into the formal Camp MJ trail ride portion. The attendants will be broken into 3-4 groups depending on number of members and build level of jeeps. Each group will set out to follow the trail plan of their trail guide. At approximately 1100 (dependant on the group leader) each group will stop for lunch on the trail, lunch will be self supplied. After lunch each group will continue the trails and at approximately 1700 all groups will meet at the Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch Check-In Gate and select members will begin cooking dinner. Dinner on the night of June 4th will be a group pot luck style dinner. At dinner Military Jeepers members will be issued a raffle ticket, and at the commencement of dinner we will hold “door prize raffles”, we will also have prizes for misc. categories such as, just for example furthest traveled, most “carnage”, or best “show on the trail”. After Dinner at approximately 1900 we will hold a night Jeep ride for member who wish to do so, for those not wishing to do the night ride they will begin there own activities such as campfires and general comradeship.

Dispersion of funds

Conclusion
This is our second annual Camp Military Jeepers Midwest. This will become an annual event and will grow with each year. With your help this event will be a huge success and we hope to build a continuing partnership to have return sponsorship. We had over 20 jeeps and over 75 members in attendance last year. This is a great opportunity for your business to get your name out to the entire Military Jeepers Community as well as well as support your military community. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity and will continue to support us in future ventures.

Austin Hatcher at (816)200-3074 or [email protected]

brian613
02-20-2011, 21:24
poison spyder custom's (http://shop.poisonspyder.com/)
quadratec (http://www.quadratec.com/)
4 wheel supply (http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/?osCsid=94fbb29a5d1076056166f55a3d67c836)
metal cloak (http://www.metalcloak.com/)
extreme custom fabrication (http://extremecustomparts.com/)
ummm im sure i can think of more in a few links provided to each if you clicky on the names

jeep tubes (http://www.jeeptubes.com/)

and i looked according to the members search section there are 5319 current registered members

brian613
02-20-2011, 21:31
o and what about our very own on site bumper fabricator "ground pounder fab"

Fred
02-20-2011, 22:39
I have all the emails from last year still. I don't feel like going thru 100+ emails tonight but tommorow I will go thru and post up contacts and emails from last year

Jeeper38
02-21-2011, 10:55
Does anyone have the big group picture from last years camp mj? I was just thinking it migth look good on the e-mail I'm gonn be sending out.

Fred
02-21-2011, 11:00
No but I have a collage that Robert's wife did that is very cool

Fred
02-21-2011, 11:12
heres what we had
http://www.militaryjeepers.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=9568&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1275603474
http://www.militaryjeepers.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=9569&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1275603474
http://www.militaryjeepers.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=9570&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1275603474
http://rockcrawl.org/campmj/Military%20Jeepers%20Camp%20Jeep%20Midwest%20004.JPG

I never did get this out last year but Ryan made these up
http://inlinethumb50.webshots.com/45361/2824961820102783595S600x600Q85.jpg

Jeeper38
02-21-2011, 12:39
Just sent out the email to the first 15 companies I came up with. I'm gonna try to get some more done today that didnt have email addresses but did have contact forms.

Ghost00TJ
02-21-2011, 13:27
That what I did last time if there wasn't a email I just copy and pasted into their "contact us" block.

Jeeper38
02-22-2011, 12:15
I have already been replied to today by 4 wheel drive hardware and Hi lift. Good things brewing!!;)

Oleretireddude
03-03-2011, 09:29
Crickets . . .

Ghost00TJ
03-03-2011, 10:47
yea quiet, stuffs being worked, waiting on Rachel to call me back about Sponsors tracking

Tiff
03-06-2011, 13:46
I'll come up with something from Snapon.

Ghost00TJ
03-08-2011, 08:29
I'll come up with something from Snapon.
OOOoooOOOoooOOOooooOO I like that lol bring the truck tow the jeep! advertisment expense and happen to get to wheel

Tiff
03-09-2011, 07:42
Just might do that.

Liquor
03-17-2011, 13:31
sorry been AFK, busy busy busy.

I'll chat up my 2011 sponsors. I'm sure they will all at least pitch in gift certs.
4ws.com, Pit Bull Tires, Poison Spyder Customs, Poly Performance, and Rock Krawler Suspension
Jeff @ 4ws.com may come down agian with the Green JK again. maybe dent up the other rear quarter panel this time. LoL
Kevin's 4ws JK was just on eBay. Don't know if it was sold but if not, he may join us as well.

I'll ask around

Ghost00TJ
03-23-2011, 10:11
sorry been AFK, busy busy busy.

I'll chat up my 2011 sponsors. I'm sure they will all at least pitch in gift certs.
4ws.com, Pit Bull Tires, Poison Spyder Customs, Poly Performance, and Rock Krawler Suspension
Jeff @ 4ws.com may come down agian with the Green JK again. maybe dent up the other rear quarter panel this time. LoL
Kevin's 4ws JK was just on eBay. Don't know if it was sold but if not, he may join us as well.

I'll ask around

LOL yea we may have to do body damage repair again (hope not)

SMORR is having a dinner for $7 a meal pay at the gate, Pulled pork, tater salad, beans, drink and dessert so no grill surfing for us this year thankfully.

Ghost00TJ
03-25-2011, 19:12
Tiff has camp site 26 and we have 25, start booking now if you are RVing, lots of room behind these for tents

Ghost00TJ
04-09-2011, 10:21
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=208266255868260

fb link for midewest

Oleretireddude
04-11-2011, 21:21
Tiff has camp site 26 and we have 25, start booking now if you are RVing, lots of room behind these for tents

Site 24 reserved for Solaretireddude and 6's + guests

Oleretireddude
04-23-2011, 13:01
Thinking turnout mite not be as big as last year. Lil over 30days out and only 6ish folks corresponding. . . . .

Liquior
Ghost + 6
Solar + 6
Tiff
Fred - depends on the day of the week that you ask him . . . :)
Oledude + 6

Ghost00TJ
04-23-2011, 18:21
Thinking turnout mite not be as big as last year. Lil over 30days out and only 6ish folks corresponding. . . . .

Liquior
Ghost + 6
Solar + 6
Tiff
Fred - depends on the day of the week that you ask him . . . :)
Oledude + 6
Bruce +3
Anthony+4
Billy+3
Brian+3
Dave+
Jason (I think)

More here
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=208266255868260 (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/event.php?eid=208266255868260)

stork65
04-23-2011, 20:54
Bruce +3
Anthony+4
Billy+3
Brian+3
Dave+
Jason (I think)
Robert + 1

More here
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=208266255868260 (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/event.php?eid=208266255868260)

brian613
04-23-2011, 21:54
i will be there but its looking like im gonna need an open seat... i dont think i can get road kill finished in around a month

Tiff
05-02-2011, 07:27
What is the interest into levels of difficulty for the groups? If I remember we ended up in just two level groups last year. We had two groups that did levels mainly 2-3 and 1 level 4, that then there was a crazy group that watched Fred break stuff.

Fred
05-02-2011, 08:37
HEY HEY....Larry broke stuff too!! Come to think of it a few guys broke stuff.....just so happened most were in my group

cphill209
05-08-2011, 21:26
Bruce +3
Anthony+4
Billy+3
Brian+3
Dave+
Jason (I think)
Robert + 1
Mike + 3

More here
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=208266255868260 (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/event.php?eid=208266255868260)[/QUOTE]

Tiff
05-09-2011, 08:58
The closer it gets the earlier I want to get there on Friday. Just set up camp, build a fire and sit my butt down with a cooler close and watch jeeps drive by!!!!!!!!!

Father0fm1ne
05-09-2011, 15:27
Bruce +3
Anthony+4
Billy+3
Brian+3
Dave+
Jason (I think)
Robert + 1
Mike + 3
Chris + 3

gearhead1985
05-10-2011, 00:19
well i get off work friday at 2300 and am driving striaght through the night so i may need an after noon night

KJ Willy
05-15-2011, 09:51
Well, thinking of making this, I know cut off for pre reg is today, can I pre reg and if I don't make it get shirt and sticker sent to me?

It is a 8.5 hour drive for me from S. WI, and I don't have work that weekend.

Ghost00TJ
05-15-2011, 18:33
PM me, YOU can DO IT!!! lol no be safe, It would be cool to show some more out state'rs how your supposed to wheel. ;)

KJ Willy
05-15-2011, 19:51
Ok, after looking at things closer it is a 10 hour drive for that timeframe of wheeling and I have to be at work on Monday.

Maybe another time when I can get a full Fri thru Mon off I will come down and wheel.

Ghost00TJ
05-20-2011, 15:24
So here's what I have from Fb and MJ sites, add yourself and info if needed. I want to ensure enough drivers bags and what ever else.
1Larry Ghost00tj +3
2Robert Stork65+1
3Bruce W +3
4David P +1
5Anthony A +3
6Brock S, Liquor
7Fred, Fred+3
8Mike T Tiff
9Martine R +1
10Bryan B, Oleriteredude+6
11Mark Solar Ruby +2
12Brian BCS613+2
13Adam C
14Jason L+
15Mike P +5
16Chris B FatherOfm1ne+3
17Billy T SeekinGod+2

jet noise
05-20-2011, 16:38
#14 Jason L...must be me? I will have one passenger. Thanks, Jason Long

brian613
05-20-2011, 17:04
1Larry Ghost00tj +3
2Robert Stork65+1
3Bruce W +3
4David P +1
5Anthony A +3
6Brock S, Liquor
7Fred, Fred+3
8Mike T Tiff
9Martine R +1
11Mark Solar Ruby +2
12Brian BCS613 alone and with no jeep..... :(
13Adam C
14Jason L+
15Mike P +5
16Chris B FatherOfm1ne+3
17Billy T SeekinGod+2

Fred
05-20-2011, 18:14
1Larry Ghost00tj +3
2Robert Stork65+1
3Bruce W +3
4David P +1
5Anthony A +3
6Brock S, Liquor
7Fred, alone (Maybe Pauls wife Teena in his jeep)
8Mike T Tiff
9Martine R +1
11Mark Solar Ruby +2
13Adam C
14Jason L+
15Mike P +5
16Chris B FatherOfm1ne+3
17Billy T SeekinGod+2

Ghost00TJ
05-20-2011, 18:42
1Larry Ghost00tj +3
2Robert Stork65+1
3Bruce W +3
4David P +1
5Anthony A +3
6Brock S, Liquor
7Fred, alone (Maybe Pauls wife Teena in his jeep)
8Mike T Tiff
9Martine R +1
11Mark Solar Ruby +2
13Adam C
14Jason L, Jet Noise+1
15Mike P, CPhill +5
16Chris B FatherOfm1ne+3
17Billy T SeekinGod+2

Oleretireddude
05-20-2011, 19:11
10 Bryan B, Oleriteredude+6

My jeep will be with 4, and the other couple coming with will be wheeling a Toyota with 2.

gearhead1985
05-21-2011, 00:32
13Adam C + my brother and my soon to be broken yj

Ghost00TJ
05-21-2011, 08:24
1Larry Ghost00tj +3 RV site 25
2Robert Stork65+1
3Bruce W +3
4David P +1
5Anthony A +3
6Brock S, Liquor
7Fred, alone (Maybe Paul's wife Teena in his jeep)
8Mike T Tiff RV site 26
9Martine R +1
10Bryan B, Oleriteredude+6 RV site 24
11Mark Solar Ruby +2 RV site 24
12Brian BCS613 alone and with no jeep. :(
13Adam C, Gearhead1985 +1
14Jason L, Jet Noise+1
15Mike P, CPhill +5
16Chris B FatherOfm1ne+3
17Billy T SeekinGod+2

Tiff
05-25-2011, 07:38
Ok, we need to put a good word in with the weather man for good weather!!!!

Ghost00TJ
05-25-2011, 08:05
Yea no kidding, tents, rv's and jeeps not the place to be for a tornado. Jeep cage would survive but wnt stop the debris from getting you.

Oleretireddude
05-25-2011, 09:25
Looks like rain on the forecast on the 10 day outlook, 1 Jun - 3 Jun, rain . . . . Mite be a lil muddy out thier . . :) SOK tho, can't wait to pull out the new Ghost whom is locked all around now . . .HAHAHAHA

MUDBURD
05-25-2011, 12:23
I am going to be able to make it again. It will be me plus the wife. I know it's late, but if I could get a couple of stickers it would be great.

Ghost00TJ
05-25-2011, 16:23
I am going to be able to make it again. It will be me plus the wife. I know it's late, but if I could get a couple of stickers it would be great.

good on stickers, maybe good with shirts if you want. I ordered a few extra just in case.

gearhead1985
05-27-2011, 01:26
what is the itinerary for the weekend i am getting off work at 2300 and am planning on leaving around midnight or 1am and driving the 5+hrs to be there at about 6 or 7am saturday if i can get a couple of hours sleep it would most likely be a good thing so what are the plans

Fred
05-27-2011, 04:29
I am not 100% but I'll give it a go based on last year.
Thur folks start attending
Fri informal rides day and night
Sat 0800-0900 drivers meeting and group break up
0900ish groups depart
noonish eat on trails (or at camp depends on guide)
6-7ish dinner and raffles
8-9ish night run for those who can see straight
sun whenever you do what your doing

Tiff
05-27-2011, 06:40
Fred, if I remember right, you couldn't see straight but still went on the night ride...

Ghost00TJ
05-27-2011, 06:55
Thur-Friday show up, set up.
Sat 0800-0900 drivers meeting trail ride.
Lunch on trails (or at camp depends on group)
5-6 dinner and raffles (See when the cafe closes and adjust) We'll want to hit it right near the dinner bell, will be lots of people there.
9ish night run for those who can see straight
sun clean-up.

dosomething
05-27-2011, 09:18
Yea Fred, didn't you forget the beer drinking part in your itinerary from last year, should read more like this.

drink beer
drink beer
0900ish groups depart
drink beer
drink beer
drink till out of beer

There I fixed it for you buddy and wish I could be there and hope you guys have a blast and drink one for me.:beer:

I won't miss next year even if i have to winch my jeep the whole way.

Fred
05-27-2011, 13:08
Forgot one small part.....
drink beer
drink beer
0900ish groups depart
drink beer
drink beer
drink till out of beer BUY MORE BEER DRINK MORE

Fred
05-27-2011, 13:14
And it was Marks Fault
I told him not to tap the keg when he did, wait an additional 15 minutes I'd have been fine
well I WILL NOT drink nearly as much this year. Simply put I can't I'm getting too old
Although I will definatly be up for a night ride with Bryan again!!!
]

Yea Fred, didn't you forget the beer drinking part in your itinerary from last year, should read more like this.

drink beer
drink beer
0900ish groups depart
drink beer
drink beer
drink till out of beer

There I fixed it for you buddy and wish I could be there and hope you guys have a blast and drink one for me.:beer:

I won't miss next year even if i have to winch my jeep the whole way.

gearhead1985
05-27-2011, 13:17
k so i got to leave by 2 am

does any one know when the gate opens

Oleretireddude
05-27-2011, 21:38
k so i got to leave by 2 am

does any one know when the gate opens

To get into the park ? That gate is always open, if you arrive and the door is locked, just have to make sure that you go back and pay once they open. Lil honor system.

Tiff
06-01-2011, 07:05
Our challenge has been accepted from the SIJA group that will be there for which group can bring the most supplies for Joplin. Bring food stuffs. They have enough cloths and water.