PDA

View Full Version : OK Lets get the ball rolling

Fred
06-05-2011, 17:33
WOW what a weekend is about all I can say. I will let every person divulge thier own stories and I'll leave it at this small damage report for now
CJ-7 Lift install started Fri night and Completed around 9am Sat, CJ-7 Lift spring nearly destroyed by 1400 that same day. BEfore the springs crapped out we lost brakes on a down hill section of trail. A quick install of YJ brake line and we were good on that part. After fixing the shackles and a little fancy jack work springs were fixed.
While this is going on Brian's Rubi is being torn apart to replace a broken D44 axle shaft
The I take out Larry's TJ only to discover a UJoint with a lost cap, a quick Ujoint change got it rolling again. Then at the beginning of the night ride I blow a 37" PitBull rocker.
Fast forward to the next morn, Do LIttle Brian takes out the TJ and SNAP a Chromo D60 shaft eats it in the same place I blew the tire. Tiff lost 2 D44 front UJoints in his Rubi. The little CJ that could received a couple minor scratches and a dent or two, nothing major,
and finally as I am rolling out I see a Toyota Buggy that was riding with up being towed in with a total power loss.
and how can I forget about 10 min into the first trail of the day Brock (Liquer) blew a hydro steering line and had to leave his rig on the trail most of the day. and The red YJ that came from IL devistaed a pair of front leaf springs but went on like a trooper wheeling it again today.

brian613
06-05-2011, 18:17
hey bustin me out for breaking larrys chromo axle shaft huh.. well you forgot to mention that 5 min after we finished the cj7 lift YOU busted the drivers side mirror while watching a baby deer...lol

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee91/schrecengost/?action=view&current=Brianbrokeshaft.mp4

miljeep
06-05-2011, 19:15
hey bustin me out for breaking larrys chromo axle shaft huh.. well you forgot to mention that 5 min after we finished the cj7 lift YOU busted the drivers side mirror while watching a baby deer...lol

Busted a mirror checking out some tail. :)

Solar Rubi
06-05-2011, 20:26
Duuuude, Thats all I can say.Fred, Brian (Ol' Retired dude), Doug, and myself left the base camp after Repairing the rear axle, with all intentions of just checkin out if everything went back together right. Well,...after a short trail ride with Fred in Ghost's Jeep, Brian, Doug, and myself decided to continue up Pee Wee's Xing. After becomin bored with the level 2 bunny trail (not to mention getting close to raffle time) someone had the bright idea:D, we decided to head up Puppy Licker, a level 5 trail, to get back to the main road. Did I say, Duuuude? By far the hardest trail I have been on at SMORR, or for that matter, ever. It is hard to explain with out being there, but Duuuude (or Duuuudet) you should have been there. All I can say is, thank the man upstairs for good armor, good tires, and most of all good luck, but we all made it with little obvious carnage. If you have the guts and the gear I encourage you should hit his trail if you get the chance. I think Brian may still be pumped up about making this climb.

Fred
06-05-2011, 22:08

http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/ee91/schrecengost/?action=view&current=Brianbrokeshaft.mp4yea I did break the mthe mirror but you almost broke on that one part of the trail....what was it we called it D P way?

brian613
06-05-2011, 22:14
yea I did break the mthe mirror but you almost broke on that one part of the trail....what was it we called it D P way?

only because the breaks went out

gearhead1985
06-06-2011, 00:23
The red YJ that came from IL devistaed a pair of front leaf springs but went on like a trooper wheeling it again today.

and where are the pics of my busted leaves my lite flop and few extra dents

i noticed one large dent in my front driver fender did any of you guys see me hit a tree

also did you notice me back in to a tree i got a fist sized dent between my tail gate and tail light i will post pics tomorrow

Abn007
06-06-2011, 01:13
only because the breaks went out

Yep blame it on the breaks Brian ....we all know the truth

Fred
06-06-2011, 04:39
its BRAKES not breaks and FT Campbell is not wehre the above is from anymore....LOL

Abn007
06-06-2011, 09:19
its BRAKES not breaks and FT Campbell is not wehre the above is from anymore....LOL

Yes it is, if Mrs.Abn007 gets approved soon then it will be correct and say ft wood :) Brian is still trying to figure out who this is....

it is WHERE not wehre

brian613
06-06-2011, 09:49
Brian is still trying to figure out who this is....

I know who you are trouble

gearhead1985 i will have your pics posted on my photobucket and linked in the pic thread as soon as the video's finish loading up..

Oleretireddude
06-06-2011, 10:46
Damn nice trail choice Mark, that was a blast on the Level 5 ! Pumped was not the word for it to say the least . . . Damn great time fo sho !

cphill209
06-06-2011, 11:21
Great trip. Great wheeling with friends. No major trail carnage that i know of yet beside cosmedic stuff.

1st trail on friday decide the was a little to fat on the left side and caught rear bumper on tree. It just pryed it out a littel a kicked it back in place. Then Saturday after watching toyota and YJ dig huge ruts on a hill climb my little Rubi JK on 32's while plowing the hill out with my diff had to be winched up a hill. After unflliping the YJ from V-notch and the going through v-notch and unflipping the toyota decide i would try and pull toyota to top of hill lots of loud poping and sanpping later i got winched up pulling the toyota. Unsure what poping was. Then while climbing up Log jam with a little to much skinny pedal tree decide to pop my right rear tail light out. A little farther up more skinny pedal and a log decide my bumper and my left rear fender and inner fender was to fat and needed removed completely along with ripping the bumper bolts out of the plastic bumper. Once again kicked bumper back in place and attached fender to roof. A few more great trails later while doing a night run dropping off a ledge up to Mark chest. Balancing on 3 wheels oh yeah pucker factor. I guess the bumper need rear adjusted as it decide it looked better up at the top of the tail gate. Bumper kicked back into place one again. All in all ageat weekend fender fixed, bumper will hold till next tree grabs it. Need rear Lower stock control due to be bent and I re bent the new drag link in the front. told the wife i wanted the solid alloey drag link.

stork65
06-06-2011, 12:57
Sounds like ya'll had a hell of a time. Larry's TJ can't make a trip with out breaking an axle shaft. Did Mark and Bryan get to try out their new tires? Are there any more picture links besides the one Brian posted?

brian613
06-06-2011, 13:01
Sounds like ya'll had a hell of a time. Larry's TJ can't make a trip with out breaking an axle shaft. Did Mark and Bryan get to try out their new tires? Are there any more picture links besides the one Brian posted?
there is a picture thread in the camp mj section just below this thread..... i will be posting my pics and videos as soon as they get finished uploading..

Mrs.Abn007
06-07-2011, 00:14
there is a picture thread in the camp mj section just below this thread..... i will be posting my pics and videos as soon as they get finished uploading..

we took some great videos and pictures, to bad there were none of Larry's TJ on a flat

Fred
06-07-2011, 07:53
theres 2 or 3 pix of the tire change attempt

Mrs.Abn007
06-08-2011, 13:37
theres 2 or 3 pix of the tire change attempt

I must have skipped them or something because I can't find them. I know a few were taken while we were out there trying to get the spare off.

brian613
06-08-2011, 18:47
they weren't taken on my camera so i dont know who took them if any were taken

Mrs.Abn007
06-09-2011, 00:31
they weren't taken on my camera so i dont know who took them if any were taken

I think they were cell phone pics but I got the memories!

gearhead1985
06-09-2011, 01:13
I think they were cell phone pics but I got the memories!
here are tho only pic i got of it
http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu131/gearhead1985/camp%20mj%202011/pics4jun2011204.jpg

Mrs.Abn007
06-13-2011, 11:31
Very Nice. . . Came out to be a good picture with it being dark

Fred
06-13-2011, 18:28
yep that tire's definatly flat

gearhead1985
06-14-2011, 00:40
yep that tire's definatly flat

you should know you did it

Mrs.Abn007
06-15-2011, 18:39

;););)
lmao

Fred
06-16-2011, 00:04

yea but at least I didn't break a Chromolly D60 axle shaft...LOL...oh yea and I was able to drive it out with all the lights working and then some, no passenger holding a flash light...LOL
Love you guys all

gearhead1985
06-16-2011, 01:54
yea but at least I didn't break a Chromolly D60 axle shaft...LOL...oh yea and I was able to drive it out with all the lights working and then some, no passenger holding a flash light...LOL
Love you guys all

ouch my lights only die when i run my brights and i did not take the easy way out either

i need a new head light switch and the problem is fixed

Mrs.Abn007
06-16-2011, 09:57
you still broke 2 jeeps . . . one jeep ummmmm 3 times ( if you include when you needed to be pulled out on the trail) and Piggy. I think you win Fred