PDA

View Full Version : Here it is.

jeepinjp
02-14-2012, 20:47
Well its decided by majority rules ....the 2012 CampMJ will be at Rausch Creek in PA and it will be the weekend of 9 June..
now the fun stuff who`s gunna do what to make this happen..

RobsCrawlin7
02-14-2012, 21:25
what all needs to be done?

jeepinjp
02-15-2012, 10:48
WE NEED food for Sat. night, we need to set up and man sign-in table, get give - away`s and sponsorships.. we need to find out from attendee`s and decide what trails to run and get trail leaders /tail gunners and assign trails. get some $$ and secure the pavilion for Sat. night...there`s more but lets start there..

RobsCrawlin7
02-15-2012, 11:24
well ive never been there so i have no idea what trails to run and where there are pavilions and whatnot. but, i may be able to run some recon up there. other than that stuff im up for whatever. also, we should start a sign up/payment site like last year. this will be my first time doing all this so i might need a little help with whatever im tasked with.

jeepinjp
02-15-2012, 12:09
Pavilion on site I got that...we need a trail by difficulty color poll..prior years threads should have them...I have a lead on a guy that does pig roasts.

JP from my sprint epic

zuba
02-15-2012, 12:51
Sorry Guys I wouldn't make it this time ,going S.D. to see my ( army ) brother . Have fun and try not to break to much stuff . LATER!!

warthog_cj7
02-16-2012, 17:10
You can list me as trail guide for RC for any of the levels. As we get closer if need more trail guides, let me know and I can get them from my club, they have stepped up in the past to help for prior MJ events.

Do need list of how many folks per color level. Green(1-3), Blue(4-6), Black(7-9), Red(9-10). RC does color levels like skiing levels, but I included number levels also, as the color thing is not used as much outside this general area. Numbers are the primary nationally.

From past events, folks that know each other will want to be in same groups, so will have some group changes each day. That's easy to adjust day of.

I can also assist at the event, wherever you need the head, just not able to support in the planning like prior years.

I'm not able to be on the forum as much as I'd like (work gettin in way). If you need to get in touch with me quickly, JeepinJP has my phone# and we see each other often.

RobsCrawlin7
02-16-2012, 20:01
i might be able to be a tail, but not sure if ill have a cb by then

jeepinjp
02-17-2012, 11:48
thanks dan.....you mean our club ?? lol..... thanks for stepping up again , but as with you work is getting in the way for me also ....so others need to step up if everyone does a little bit we are good... i started a group on here for anyone that wants to help, GO TO COMMUNITY > GROUPS > CAMPMJ EAST

You can list me as trail guide for RC for any of the levels. As we get closer if need more trail guides, let me know and I can get them from my club, they have stepped up in the past to help for prior MJ events.

Do need list of how many folks per color level. Green(1-3), Blue(4-6), Black(7-9), Red(9-10). RC does color levels like skiing levels, but I included number levels also, as the color thing is not used as much outside this general area. Numbers are the primary nationally.

From past events, folks that know each other will want to be in same groups, so will have some group changes each day. That's easy to adjust day of.

I can also assist at the event, wherever you need the head, just not able to support in the planning like prior years.

I'm not able to be on the forum as much as I'd like (work gettin in way). If you need to get in touch with me quickly, JeepinJP has my phone# and we see each other often.

Marinedawg
02-17-2012, 18:48
i might be able to be a tail, but not sure if ill have a cb by then

Spend 30 bucks at Radio Shack and be done you DB.

JP do we have a list of things folks can volunteer to help with. I will throw my hat in for something.

Hopefully I can get this cage and some other Misc. BS squared away before then. :rolleyes:

W 99TJ
02-17-2012, 20:02
JP, Dan, and others
1st - thanks for making this (and the other ones) happen -- I made it to RC in 2010 and BigDogs in '11 (lots of fun)... planning to be at this one and able to help: can do things at the event (sign in table, sat night set up/tear down, etc) // I'll also donate something for the door prize drawing
If there is an interest in T-shirts, I can take that one on
looking forward to it -- standing by to assist
again - thanks
Wayne

RobsCrawlin7
02-19-2012, 09:19
i think t shirts are an excellent idea.

jeepinjp
02-19-2012, 14:50
yea tshirts are something we might want ...look into it wayne thanks...

W 99TJ
02-21-2012, 20:49
MJ logo? -- anyone have a decent ecopy of the MJ logo that they can post or send me?
would like it for "Camp MJ East Coast 2012" t-shirts if there is enough interest
thnx
Wayne

jeepinjp
02-21-2012, 21:20
I will check when I get home

JP from my sprint epic

warthog_cj7
02-23-2012, 12:20
I can start another thread for what trail levels folks want. I won't be able to be on top of it all the time, but can periodically check and build a roster from there. So I can handle that part of it. What days will be MJ weehling days? Below is rough timeline we have done in the past. I'll be available Fri-Mon for the event if needed (vacation already locked in).

Fri, 8th, on your own arrive setup/signup wheel w/ a buddy if you get in early enough?
Sat, 9th, Full day wheeling, 0830 roll out, lunch on trail, return to lot 1630
Sun, 10th, 1/2 day wheeling, 0900 roll out, return to lot 1200 or 1300, as most folks will want to start travel home. Those that are staying can assemble groups to go back out.

At least we can have the trails part covered, as that is one of primary reasons to go.
Will also help provide a rough head count for other volunteers that need data for whatever they are taking on, food, etc...

jeepinjp
02-24-2012, 10:48
warthog says "I can start another thread for what trail levels folks want. I won't be able to be on top of it all the time, but can periodically check and build a roster from there. So I can handle that part of it. What days will be MJ weehling days? Below is rough timeline we have done in the past. I'll be available Fri-Mon for the event if needed (vacation already locked in). Fri, 8th, on your own arrive setup/signup wheel w/ a buddy if you get in early enough?........ maybe an informal (but somewhat structured) meet and greet Friday night Sat, 9th, Full day wheeling, 0830 roll out, lunch on trail( bring your own), return to lot 1630 Sun, 10th, 1/2 day wheeling, 0900 roll out, return to lot 1200 or 1300, as most folks will want to start travel home. Those that are staying can assemble groups to go back out. At least we can have the trails part covered, as that is one of primary reasons to go. Will also help provide a rough head count for other volunteers that need data for whatever they are taking on, food, etc... " Dan sounds good.. appreciate you stepping up... i made a few suggestions,, we can get the pavilion on sat night for the 2nd half of day for $ 100.00 and we can do as last year a dinner etc. for that we will need a headcount and for trails and a dinner keeping prices as they were last year or less.

Va Krawlers
05-30-2012, 10:22
damn I wish my jeep was ready for this... not enough hours in the day!!!

jeepinjp
05-31-2012, 08:48
Just come

RobsCrawlin7
05-31-2012, 13:37
Just come

thats what she said

Marinedawg
05-31-2012, 22:06
Bring your ass Brady!

RobsCrawlin7
05-31-2012, 23:21
Bring your ass Brady!

you would like that wouldnt you?

jeepinjp
06-01-2012, 00:06
thats what she said

dreamin huh??:beer:

RobsCrawlin7
06-01-2012, 08:00
dreamin huh??:beer:

ive been really lonely since the mrs left for afghanistan :(

Va Krawlers
06-02-2012, 10:24
Bring your ass Brady!

Hire a fab crew that will finish my jeep for me... I'll be all over it!

Sent from your mom's house, using her computer.

Scrambler84
06-04-2012, 09:52
Bring your ass Brady!

you would like that wouldnt you?
Long as its tight

Marinedawg
06-04-2012, 18:39
It's not gay if you're underway! Right Pat! 00i00;)

RobsCrawlin7
06-05-2012, 00:36
got my hydroboost brakes in, cage welded in , and the steering brace in today. synthetic winchline came today and ill have it in this week sometime. other than that I think the CJ is ready to go. Oh yeah, i need to bolt the front of the cage to the floor. tomorrow my new draglink comes too. other than that, i think the cj is good to go.

on a side note, any of you guys who have even considered hydro brakes should pull the trigger. this setup is insane, the Jeep will lock the 37's effortlessly now.

Marinedawg
06-05-2012, 08:42
Good to hear Rob. I am still finishing up some last minute stuff as well. Rear brakes, tube seals, etc. Oh and brakes on the truck.

RobsCrawlin7
06-05-2012, 15:21
yeah i am doing the brakes in the truck after we get back