PDA

View Full Version : Quick narative of CMJMW 2012

Ghost00TJ
09-30-2012, 19:50
What an AWESOME turn out for CampMJ Mid-West 2012 who knew that many services had rednecks that were that closeenough to attend. Id guess with kidsand local civilian supporters we had close to 100 folks but I wasnt allowed totake my shoes off to count them all. There are a lot of special thank yous togive out for making this event happen as great as it did. Of course this yearAdam Costigan some Squid guy handled the raffle prizes and the ordeal ofbegging and tracking down suitable raffle prizes for you ungrateful jerks (lol).Mark Hughes the stickers, me for shirts (they were the best part) just saying.The superfine and delectable cuisine of Oktober Fest BIER Das richtige schtuff!,brought by Jason Long one of those fly boy dudes and to Brandon Powell theSMORR owner for allowing this rag tag bunch to tear up his park.
Thursday and Friday was the setup,Saturday we had the dinner and raffle most everyone brought some side dish, andAdam brought 56lbs of pulled pork. No real crazy damage Andrea flopped her CJ5(shes the astronaut chick now), my TJ has an angry drummer inside the motor,Adam a strap kit on his drive shaft-(many jokes can come from that), Doug broke an axle, SolarRuby a tie rod, Dfootwas cutting stuff off his jeep with my sawzall? And our special kid and residentRTI flopper, Craig, shot his rear coil spring across the 1,000 acre park andbroke a bar pin on the shock which happened to kill three deer and an armadillo,you think $30,000 of upgrades would buy a better trail rig or a driver justkidding Craig. We recovered Craig which in turn got me in trouble for nothelping set up dinner for the masses, thanks buddy- lol. Ray Brake a local St.Robert shop owner supplied a bunch of parts for various years of jeeps - ThankYou to the Brakes and Express Auto and 4x4. Ill let Adam post the othersponsors that sent great gifts for our event, thank you all.
Sunday we did a group photo and thepark owner, Brandon took Juggy out to show off his big bad toy and a few otherfolks went for a run as we packed up and headed home. All in all it was a greatweekend and Andrea and I feel blessed to have such a wonderful group of weirdoeslike ourselves to hang out with. OK, so, the raising of funds for a worthyorganization: Wounded Warrior Project was mentioned so $776.00 is going to themin the name of Military Jeepers and the Ft Leonard Wood Chapter, thats fromthe raffle, keg, shirts and stickers etc. Pat yourselves on the back that is apretty good amount foe a bunch cheapskates!
Thank You all for wheeling andbeing who you are.

jet noise
09-30-2012, 23:29
CMJMW 2012 was a smashing success! Everything went together well and the crowd was a blast to be around. The weather was perfect and the fall colors were just coming out. I know several newcomers in my group this weekend were hooked. I am glad we were able to support the worthy cause and I think this should be what we do every time. Only thing missing from the t shirts was a wounded warrior logo! Lol, the t shirts are great Larry. I got mine all dirty on the way home when a Scott chapter bubba broke his rear ds u joint. We chased down the part, and Adam and Brian got him off the highway or the repair, and ultimately back home. The quality of this event, coupled with the camaraderie, and the contribution to a worthy cause makes me very proud to be a member here. IMVS-QVO-PAVCI!

brian613
09-30-2012, 23:38
I got mine all dirty on the way home when a Scott chapter bubba broke his rear ds u joint. We chased down the part, and Adam and Brian got him off the highway or the repair, and ultimately back home. The quality of this event, coupled with the camaraderie, and the contribution to a worthy cause makes me very proud to be a member here. IMVS-QVO-PAVCI!

im glad he made it home safe. the exit he broke on was the one for my house so if he would have been any further i wouldn't have known a fellow jeeper needed help. we got him rolling to get off the interstate and took him to my fire station so we could safely work on his jeep.

this was my wife's first wheeling trip and she had a blast (even though she bailed out a couple times on Andrea) was great to see so many new faces and some old ones from last year. Thanks to everyone who helped set it up you all did a great job

gearhead1985
10-01-2012, 02:29
i am glad every one enjoyed it