PDA

View Full Version : Camp mj reminder

beecee
04-20-2009, 11:48
Only 5 days 'till we wheel. Remember to have a full tank of gas, food and beverages (non-alcohlic), and whatever else you'll need on the trail. A roll of toilet paper may come in handy. There are no food stands, bathrooms or gas pumps on the trails, so be prepared. I'm pumped for this outing and meeting all of you, Just look for the LEPRICON in the parking/staging area.

Jeffb_79
04-20-2009, 11:55
Looks like the weather's going to be great also.

beecee
04-20-2009, 14:21
One more reminder and they I'll quit. There will be a lot of wheeler's out there Saturday who have never been to Rausch Creek, there is a water hole called the "FROG HOLE", I strongly suggest that if you don't have 40" tires and at least a 6" lift, STAY OUT OF IT. The last time I was out last month, it was 4.5 to 5 feet deep. With all the rain we will be having up here this week, it may reach 5.5 to 6 feet. Please be forwarned, I will not use my winch to pull anyone out who doesn't heed the warning. Some of you have a long trip home, water sucked into the engine will not get you home.

usnavymitchells
04-20-2009, 14:24
So what are you trying to say. My little 1" shackle lift YJ on 31's won't get me through this :D. Make sure no one tells Chris about this...Can anyone bring a yard stick that measures only one inch to every three feet.

TJ 4 the Boxers
04-20-2009, 14:26
Good call Bill.

I'd say stay out of ANY water hole that has a name. Even the edges of Lake Christy can cause damage.

Jeffb_79
04-20-2009, 14:34
So what are you trying to say. My little 1" shackle lift YJ on 31's won't get me through this :D. Make sure no one tells Chris about this...Can anyone bring a yard stick that measures only one inch to every three feet.

Maybe if you fill those 31s with helium.....

94GC52
04-21-2009, 00:28
Yeti told me once to not go thru a hole....
Actually Yeti told me a few times to not go thru numerous holes...