2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lock-right

I Saw These Lockers On Jc Whitney's Website Just Wondering If Anybody Has Used Or Heard About Them,thanks.

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its good stuff, replaces the spider gears, not for use in the front if you have full time front hubs. great for the back though, a little noise but other wise great!
    -Jeb

99 GC Ltd. V8. plenty of goodies, 6in lift 33s, rear locker, 12v cooler, steel bumpers fr+rr, Roof Top Tent,
    01 TJ 4.0 auto.. stock street queen for now.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had Lock-Rights in the front and rear of my CJ-5 for years. This was my daily driver and my wheeler. Of course, I had lock-outs on my front axle. They were easy to put in and would run them again if I wanted lockers, and was on a budget.
    Jon B

1984 CJ-7 - Howell fuel injection, D-44 front 4:11 Detroit Electrac,D-44 rear Detroit 4:11, T-19 trans, D-300/4:1 Lo-max gears, 33x12.5 SSRs, Full cage, Warn XDi 9000

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - 3 in BDS lift, 32x11.50 BFG KM2s, Rusty's control arms, Roof Rack

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I had Lock-Rights in the front and rear of my CJ-5 for years. This was my daily driver and my wheeler. Of course, I had lock-outs on my front axle. They were easy to put in and would run them again if I wanted lockers, and was on a budget.
    Notice that Jon stated "wanted lockers and on a budget"......if you can afford selectable lockers then do it and only cry once.

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selectable Lockers are great, but I'm still a big fan of just sticking a Detroit in the rear(this is just my opinion), and calling it a day. By all means though, if you have the opportunity to stick a selectable locker up front, go for it.
    Jon B

1984 CJ-7 - Howell fuel injection, D-44 front 4:11 Detroit Electrac,D-44 rear Detroit 4:11, T-19 trans, D-300/4:1 Lo-max gears, 33x12.5 SSRs, Full cage, Warn XDi 9000

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - 3 in BDS lift, 32x11.50 BFG KM2s, Rusty's control arms, Roof Rack

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I bought my first Lockright in 1989-90 or so.. I just knew I had the baddest CJ7 in town! Click click click click..

I just found a brand new Lockright for my front D44. I think I bought it about 4-5 years ago.. thought I'd lost it or sold it.

They're decent lockers for 35ish and smaller tires...
    1980 CJ5 w/AMC 360, T176, D300 w/4to1, D44s, 3.73s, Lockright/Detroit, 33s, Full Cage

A Jeep-Based Buggy on 42s.. Big Lime

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1972 to 1974

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another brand of lunchbox lockers is the Aussie. They are said to be better then Lock-Rite at a cheaper price. I don't have lockers yet but I would go with the Aussie or a Detroit.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the Detroit line was bough out by Eaton, so it's now theirs. I would get Aussie.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a detroit no spin in the rear of my jeep. It came with it so I am lucky. i don't have any complaints and it really works well. Pulled out a JK a while back without a problem. I am sure that it was in large due to the locker. It was buried to the frame in some mud. On road, there is some binding taking 90 degree turns if I have a little too much peddle, and my rear end will also come out, but I'm happy with it. I will be able to test it better soon.