Retired
    Served
    1965 to 1991

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Radiator fan help,m 2004 Grand.

OK, 2004 Grand Laredo, 4.0, no tow pkg (I think, 355 gears). Stated to overheat the other day. Over 90 Deg. a/cond on full, got up to about 230 and I shut off the air and it cooled back down after awhile.

My FSM shows a two speed fan and the wiring seem to indicate that that is what I have. I can get the fan to run in high but not low by going direct to the battery.

Napa can't get the two speed fan or motor, only dealer item from what I have found so far. $384 for the whole assy from the dealer, no seperate motor available.

I just want to make sure the fan is suppose to have a low speed. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks
    I'm Mike, make sure you spell it right, because I do not want to get the wrong A$$hole in trouble.

If you do not have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time do do it over?

www.jeepforum.com michiganmaveric

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1965 to 1991

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I bought the fan assembly from the dealer, $407 and change. I installed it today and it works great. For quite awhile now I have been running around 210 on the temp gage.

With the new fan I am back down to the 190 range where it is suppose to be.

I took the old motor apart and it was worn out. One of the 4 brushes in the motor was not even touching the armature (sp) and the armature was worn down about a good 1/8".

The only thing I kick myself in the butt for was not having enough time to check around for the fan. After I picked up the fan at the dealer and got the part number I checked on e-bay and found one for $85 + $15 shipping. The part number for the fan is 52079528AD.
    I'm Mike, make sure you spell it right, because I do not want to get the wrong A$$hole in trouble.

If you do not have time to do it right the first time, how do you have time do do it over?

www.jeepforum.com michiganmaveric