User Tag List

Thread: Jeep Update #2: Upholstery is gone!

My toys haul themselves. Sandbagger's Avatar

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Portsmouth NS
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army Jeep Update #2: Upholstery is gone!

Ok so today I got down with a wrench and a carpet knife and tore out that spice colored wuss carpet that was lining in the inside of my jeep ( I need to get a name for it and I'm not sure what - maybe "The Patriot"...).

here's a "before" pic.

The floor was a little rusted around the pan bolts. Nothing too difficult to fix. There was an ant nest under the carpet here but as soon as I exposed them to light, the whole thing up and scurried away.

uh-oh! what is this? we can't be having holes in the floor (my jeep won't be flintstone powered!) Something else to fix...

the rear upholstery came up without too much trouble once I removed the seat belt clips for the back seat.

Here's the instrument panel. I'd like to do like what ccain did with his (popping of the dash and mounting the guages flat on the interior) but I'm not quite sure where to start when I get there.

in case I get hurt while working on my jeep

A motivational image of a rusty jeep. - This may become my backdrop on my PC.
    Last edited by Sandbagger; 08-16-2009 at 20:19. Reason: image sizing and coding
    2001-2007 Active USAF
    2007-2009 Enlisted ME ARNG
    152 CRC Maine ARNG

MilitaryJeepers - the one website that considers NY state part of New England.

GO ARMY

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

atta boy man. keep it up. you should do a build thread in that area man.

Pork - the one you love! tomsjeep's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1995

Closest Installation

Camp Robinson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep it up. Just remember, there are purpose-built holes in the floor too. Called floor drains!

Lookin' good, you'll likely want to Rhino-line or other bedliner the floor. The carpet, wussy or not serves a purpose, insulation from temps and noise.
    2007 Liberty, Black, 245x70r16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor "Miss Libby" (I didn't pick the nick)
    2002 Wrangler Sahara, Black & Tan, 31x10.5r15 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, ARB Bullbar, etc.
    Bristol (Sailstar) Corsair & 2 kayaks.

My toys haul themselves. Sandbagger's Avatar

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Portsmouth NS
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tomsjeep View Post
    Lookin' good, you'll likely want to Rhino-line or other bedliner the floor. The carpet, wussy or not serves a purpose, insulation from temps and noise.
    this is what I was thinking bedlining doesn't soak up water and creat rust issues like a carpet does and it can protect the body pan from my dirty combat boots.
    2001-2007 Active USAF
    2007-2009 Enlisted ME ARNG
    152 CRC Maine ARNG

MilitaryJeepers - the one website that considers NY state part of New England.

GO ARMY