Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Looking for a Jeep / 4x4 Shop in NOVA

For those of you in NOVA, is there a decent Jeep/4wd specialty shop around?

The internet is the only place I have found to shop so far for Jeep stuff...
    "I rather be a rightwing nutjob than a left wing liberal with no nuts and no job"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jeep Shop NOVA

There's Adam's Jeep in MD. It's about 80 miles from nova. Do not do not do not go to bad boys.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I will check them out next time I run up to Meade.

Bad Boys?
    "I rather be a rightwing nutjob than a left wing liberal with no nuts and no job"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah. The guy is a ripoff and the customer care is crap. He sold my buddy bumpers for his cj, they didn't fit, and he pretty much said oh well. I went to an alignment shop who Bad Boy's sends their projects to, and he said they always forget something. Once they forgot to reconnect a poor guys axle. There's a reason his shop always looks empty.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't go to C&P Automotive also. I know someone pimps them out pretty heavily on the nova jeepers board. I did not know at the time that they really boogered up my budget boost that they put in for me. When we took it off to put the 4.5 lift in, we looked at the pieces like WTF? Great customer service working with me on times to drop it off and pick it up, but the work sucked.

on that note, you can pretty much do everything on your jeep by yourself. unless it is something that is way above anyone's skill level, save money and do it yourself and with the help of other. Plus, when something goes wrong on the trail you will have a better understanding of how it was supposed to look and how to get it back that way to get you off the trail.

When we went on the ride this past sunday, somsone snapped the bracket that held their rear track bar to the axle. If we had all paid someone to install the components, we probably would have had no idea what we were looking at. Because everyone there had done some wrenching on jeeps, they used those ratcheting winch straps to hold the axle in place, creeped the jeep down to the hardball and begged around for a welder so that the jeep could at least get back home.

If you are going to do something on your jeep, post something and see if someone can try to get down there to help. Someone may have already done what you want to do.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From MILJEEP; Sorry man, deleted your post by accident. [img]/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif[/img]

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The aforementioned Adam's Jeep is a place you can walk into and poke around.