Served
    Served
    1997 to 2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anybody good with wiring?

I need to reinstall my train horn this weekend and really am not exactly sure what I'm doing as far as electrical. I cant find the diagram they had sent with it over a year ago and of course, now they're out of business. I was able to get the compressor running again, I just need to wire it into the jeep.

Anybody want to volunteer their services? I'll meet you at your place so you don't have to come all the way over here. I'll even throw in a case to pay for your services

I'm in College Park, MD.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Barry;
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
    '07 JK, lifted, armored, slow... the usual

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1984 to 2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you looking to wire in the relay, and/or the whole shebang? (I might be able to find the instructions for some train horns we have at the shop in the am.)

Where I work, I just went with the big trucks compressor and piped in 1/2" air line and a manual valve to operate the air flow, Nice.

Later, T.J.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1997 to 2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaTee View Post
    Are you looking to wire in the relay, and/or the whole shebang? (I might be able to find the instructions for some train horns we have at the shop in the am.)

Where I work, I just went with the big trucks compressor and piped in 1/2" air line and a manual valve to operate the air flow, Nice.

Later, T.J.
    Its the whole thing. The compressor itself is wired up. I touched the cables to the battery and it does run just fine. What I need is for it to actually be hooked up to the Jeep. There are 3 components total that need to be wired into the Jeep:

1. Compressor motor (this is part of the air tank, its not really an OBA system) Like this:

2. Power cutoff switch to the motor (in case of emergency/overheating)
    2. Valve for the horn trumpets
    3. Switch for the valve to actually honk the horn.

I have never had a problem learning new things. But for some reason, I cant seem to grasp wiring. It drives me insane! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Barry;
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"
    '07 JK, lifted, armored, slow... the usual

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1984 to 2006

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've searched high & low for the 'General Grand - train horn' instructions (that we have where I work), and cannot find them, sorry.

Later, T.J.

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey if you don't have any luck with wiring, I just saw some train horns for sale on Ebay. Cold fusion products has one for sale with 281-304-1515 as a contact number for help. They might be able to get the wiring diagram. I also saw legend or dominion mentioned on another listing. Good luck
    A simple misunderstanding gets a lot less simple when you add choppers and a SWAT team.