2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I like good deals *UPDATED*

I'm always on the hunt for a few specific parts and last week I found a piece to a puzzle I want to finish. I always heard good things about Jeep Medic and his skids. Well, last week I found a new (they bought it and never installed so it has scratches from sitting in their shop) transfercase skid for 03+ Rubis. Bought and shipped for less than $230. This thing is BEEFY too! I have a teraflex on my YJ and that is pretty tough but the Jeep Medic is a battleship! Now I just need to find the Jeep Medic engine skid. Anybody have one lying around?

As soon as I get the JKS 1.25" BL and Brown Dog's 1" MML I can get this thing installed.

See below:
    Last edited by Big Green; 11-03-2009 at 21:48.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the jeep medic belly up and engine skid which I placed my order for the day before they stopped taking orders. Well worth the money and they work well together. Jeep Medic made some good stuff, I figured someone would have bought them out before they would go under, but was wrong.

Good find.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's sad the way the economy is right now, there are a lot of good business's going under.
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have the Medic belly up transfer case skid on my LJ and love it. I run a skid row engine skid with it because I already had it when I got the belly up. Just had to drill holes in the Medic skid for it to work.

The Medic engine skid is better I think but running a Skid Row would be an option for you if you cannot find one. I think the Rockmen engine skid would also work.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinSoldier View Post
    I also have the Medic belly up transfer case skid on my LJ and love it. I run a skid row engine skid with it because I already had it when I got the belly up. Just had to drill holes in the Medic skid for it to work.

The Medic engine skid is better I think but running a Skid Row would be an option for you if you cannot find one. I think the Rockmen engine skid would also work.
    i have the Skid Row engine skid, i havent put it on yet but that thing is beefy as can be.
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking around online today and what should I find? The JeepMedic engine skid, used, but for only $100. So, I ordered it.

In the last week I have also ordered my spring spacers, and 1.25" BL. In the next day or two I will order my MML and shocks. Then whenever I am around for a few days hopefully I can get it all installed. Oh yeah, got the wife some 33x12.5x15 ProComp MTs so I get the Swampers on the LJ.

MilJeep, do you have any pics of the engine skid installed? I am gonna have to fab some mounts/brackets to install it. He doesn't have those any longer.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't have them with me over here, those would be back home. Good find on thr skid. I will see if i can find some photos online.