Served
    Served
    2001 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wranger YJ Information Needed!

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some simple information about YJ's from 93-95. I'm thinking about possibly picking one up and fixing it as needed for an addition/daily driver for someone else. It would remain stock with 33's possibly being the only upgrade/addition. How did the transmissions hold up in these rigs especially the automatics? They had the TF999 and/or TF904 in them correct? I also heard a rumor the rear end (spider gears) tend to blow on them with higher miles on the Jeep. Is that true? What other common problems/information should I know about for this model? Oh one last thing off the top of my head, were they fuel injected during these years or still carbureted?

Thanks
    Matt

1978 J10 5.3L/700r4/QT swap in progress

37x14.50R15 TOYO Open Country MT
    4.56 Gears
    6" Bjsoffroad Lift
    3" Body Lift
    Mile Marker Part-time 4wd Kit

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they were fuel injected. and I have never heard that about the spider gears and the TF999 is one of the best auto's out there. Some pro crawlers actually build them up for there rigs. Yj's are great and have endless parts.
    1981 CJ7- 4in lift on 33's, Twin sticked dana300, aussied D30, Custom bumpers,Herced inside. Riddler covers.

RIPTrail-87yj 35MTR

76 cj- Team MJ Buggy

07 F150 "Tow Whore"- 2.5in auto spring, 33's, Full flomaster exhaust, K&N intake, Edge Programer

Sapper

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my YJ but I am runnning a 5 speed. My girlfriend wanted to start wheeling to so rather than share I got her a 92 YJ auto. It is running 3.55 gears (stock) and turning 35x12.50 MT's no problem. She uses it as daily driver and on the trail. Plenty of power and no complaints. As for the rear ends blowing she had no problems but I got a good deal on an 8.8 and swapped it out. If the deal is right go for it. Good luck
    A simple misunderstanding gets a lot less simple when you add choppers and a SWAT team.