2008 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army Just an idea....

So I was sitting by the airfield, watching the locals work on widening the runway in anticipation for future C17 traffic...

I was on duty with two other guys and they were talking about football, and the topic shifted to their fantasy league teams, and I got to thinking...

Would anyone else be interested in a fantasy four-wheeling group? I know I miss my baby and can't wait to get home to wheel the crap out of her, and I was thinking something like this would be a fun way to fill the void...

Here's kind of a really rough idea of what I was thinking...

First, a budget would be laid out, and those that were participating would get to use that budget to build a fantasy wheeler, and then events would be laid out and a few judges would put their heads together and see who had built the best fantasy rig for each event...

I know it's not a perfect game, but I was wondering if anyone would even be interested before I sat down and really worked out the details...

Anyway, post up and let me know who's game... I think with enough people and some serious thought, this could be a fun way to fill the wheeling void for those of us who are deployed and/or too busy to actually get out there and wheel...

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, kind of sounds like desktop dyno but with wheeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by sincitycj View Post
    I got a wave from a compass once. That was sure confusing. I didn't know if I should wave or barf.

Be sure to check out the Germany Chapter Page:

http://www.militaryjeepers.com/chapter/germany/index.shtml

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not sure I have the time to participate, but sounds doable. Need to set some basic rules, like if the budget is $20,000 does that have to include the purchase of the basic Jeep? If so then a '06 TJ Rubicon for $17,000 only would leave $3,000 for modifications, vs. a '95 YJ you picked up for $5,000 would leave $15,000 for modifications. Also to even the playing field for thos like me who are mechanically or time challenged, do we use a flat rate for labor or not use a labor figure at all and just use the cost of product? Obviously thos of you who can weld can buy steel, paint and build custom vs. having to pay retail, but other deals should be documented. Like grabbing an engine, wheels, lift kit on Ebay or Craigslist would be oaky, but you have to list the number of the add you saw. Just some thoughts.

Viewer Discretion Advised Jacob's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2001

Closest Installation

Fort Lewis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just go play pirate4x4 the game
    Jacob

Stop organized crime, don't re-elect anyone!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2008

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just tried that game it sux i thaught it was going to be a high speed wheeling game

its not
    2012 kawasaki Teryx4

Sold-85 CJ7, 6 inch lift, siting on 36's, welded rear, lots of drain holes

Sold-93 YJ, 4.0,

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about setting up different classes for do-it-yourselfers vs those who dont have the time/knowhow?
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1995 to 2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are automatically penalized 75% of your time for any build project and 60% of your funds if you're married (such as myself)
    For over 221 years our Corps has done two things for this great Nation. We make Marines and we win battles.
    —Gen Charles C. Krulak, 31st CMC, 5 May 1997