Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Steering questions

Ok.
    I received new tre's to replace my worn out ones on Friday.
    I get everything swapped out, set my toe and go for a drive.... it's 90 times better.
    It still wanders and there's still bump steer. I get home and have someone shake the wheel while I'm looking at the steering tre's again. The lower drag link tre at the passenger side knuckle, the $120 piece I just replaced has movement in it. Aside from the slight rotational movement that you get in the tie rod, should this thing bounce up and down at all? It looks like there's about an 1/8th of an inch in slop in the tre. Yes, the bolt is tight, that's not what's moving.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1987 to 2004

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There should be no movement other than the rotational and that should be fairly difficult by hand for a new TRE.
    2003 Rubi with 6" lift rolling 37's w/ beadlocks, armor for effect. Constant state of change, its a jeep thing!!

SOLD - 5.9 Grand with TNT Long Arms, KM2's, HP30 w/ARB & WJ Brake Conv., Rear 44HD Trussed & Skidded, 231 w/SYE, TW Drive Shafts & Custom Sliders

RIP: 2004 Rubi: 3" lift on 33's

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was pretty sure that was the case, just wanted to hear someone else say it.
    I don't know if I'm just an unlucky bastard, but I'm getting really tired of this.