1994 to 2001

Closest Installation

Fort Lewis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Nate's 4x4

I ordered a set of bumpers from this guy on May 15th 2009. Received them in August and the rear one did not fit. Have been told by Nate himself that he was sending out a replacement one on two different occasions which has never happened. Have not been able to get a hold of him for about 6 weeks. I have been emailing and calling him at least twice a week. My last email on Tuesday October 6th 2009 informed him that he has until the end of the week to show verification/proof that the replacement bumper has shipped or I am contacting his local police department which I will be doing in the morning.

Communications have been nearly non existent during the entire process and the rear bumper did not fit, not even close. He seems like a nice guy, but when you send out stuff this slow that doesn't fit and you are impossible to contact tells me otherwise about the operation of his business. Don't try to save money by ordering from this guy, the customer service and prompt delivery times are worth the extra cash from all of the other places that sell bumpers. I feel I have been more than patient with the entire situation and am just ready to get through it in which ever way puts me back at even whether it be receiving the bumper or the refund for the rear bumper and shipping. If anyone is close to this location, or knows this guy tell him the guy from order number 739 needs him to contact me. Or PM me for my number if you care to stop by his place and give me a call so I can talk to him. Will update as the story progresses.

This is the site and his contact info from the site.

http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/

Nate's Welding
    312 E. Lyon Road
    Midland, MI 48640

989-708-9482

Website registration information from WhoIs lookup-

Nathan McCann

2680 Huckleberry Rd.
    Sanford, MI 48657

989-631-0681

[email protected]

Information from the website itself-

Nates Welding

312 E Lyon Rd
    Midland, MI 48640

989-708-9482

Number that he called me from one time

This is probably his wife's or Girlfriend's number. No one has answered it yet, if they know him they are probably in on the game too.

989-513-2678
    Last edited by Jacob; 11-16-2009 at 13:02. Reason: Adding all Contact info for Nates4x4
    Jacob

Stop organized crime, don't re-elect anyone!

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got an email for him? I want to send the guy an email telling him I am going to post this on as many different jeep sites I know to include Pirate. I bet he gets something done pretty quick once Jeep Forum and Pirate get ahold of him
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am spreading this through out the Net. SOMETHINGS gonna happen and I bet it'll happen fast:
    A friend of mine ordered a pair of TJ bumper from this place in May. He received both in Aug and the front fit and looked great but the rear was absolutly not a correct fit. He contacted Nate on several occasions and Nate told him to dispose of the old bumper and a new one was in the mail. It is now Oct and no rear bumper. He has been trying to contact Nate for the past 6 weeks or so with no success. I am spreading this post around to warn folks about poor customer service and poor buisness practices, and maybe see if the internet jeep community can get something done.
    Heres his post from our club site:
    I ordered a set of bumpers from this guy on May 15th 2009. Received them in August and the rear one did not fit. Have been told by Nate himself that he was sending out a replacement one on two different occasions which has never happened. Have not been able to get a hold of him for about 6 weeks. I have been emailing and calling him at least twice a week. My last email on Tuesday October 6th 2009 informed him that he has until the end of the week to show verification/proof that the replacement bumper has shipped or I am contacting his local police department which I will be doing in the morning.
    Communications have been nearly non existent during the entire process and the rear bumper did not fit, not even close. He seems like a nice guy, but when you send out stuff this slow that doesn't fit and you are impossible to contact tells me otherwise about the operation of his business. Don't try to save money by ordering from this guy, the customer service and prompt delivery times are worth the extra cash from all of the other places that sell bumpers. I feel I have been more than patient with the entire situation and am just ready to get through it in which ever way puts me back at even whether it be receiving the bumper or the refund for the rear bumper and shipping. If anyone is close to this location, or knows this guy tell him the guy from order number 739 needs him to contact me. Or PM me for my number if you care to stop by his place and give me a call so I can talk to him. Will update as the story progresses.
    This is the site and his contact info from the site.
    http://www.nates4x4.com/catalog/
    Nate's Welding
    312 E. Lyon Road
    Midland, MI 48640
    989-708-9482
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will post links tonight but lets just say the word is out and the internet world will do its thing. I expect results
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Viewer Discretion Advised Jacob's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2001

Closest Installation

Fort Lewis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for spreading the word Fred. Maybe someone will know another way to contact him and he will call or email me. At this point, that would be a huge amount of forward progress. I will be calling the Midland, MI Police Department in the morning to see if they can have him call me. From talking to the guy, I do not think he would stiff me at all. I just want this taken care of within a reasonable amount of time. My patience has ran out.
    Jacob

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My rear bumper is from Nate. Bought it two years ago. Delivery was when he said...3 weeks, and the bumper fit on the back of Bessie perfectly.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Hope it turns out well for you.
    Getting my morning coffee at the mud truck. Don't ever talk to me until I've had my morning coffee. Seriously, don't. I'm venomous. @BronxZooCobra.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2004

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted it on our site as a buyer beware. We have guys on every forum. Hopefully it works out for you.
    '04 TJ Sport
    Bunch of stuff stuck to it from Auto Zone.

'07 Dodge CTD QCSB
    AFE Intake, MBRP Exhaust, Smarty, TRE Trans, little turbo that whistles.

Viewer Discretion Advised Jacob's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1994 to 2001

Closest Installation

Fort Lewis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Called the Midland Police Department this morning to see if they can have him contact me. At this point I just want either my bumper or my money back for it and the shipping.
    Jacob

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to hear all your problems. i posted it up on Jeepininin.com for ya. maybe one of the guys up in MI will do a stop in for ya. i looked in the maps. i would but its about a 4 or so hour drive for me. good luck.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast