User Tag List

Thread: Rampage H4 MSR Headlamp Conversion Kit

usnavymitchells

Default Rampage H4 MSR Headlamp Conversion Kit

Picked these up at the Quadratec Scratch and Dent sale (they weren't on sale).
    http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_501.htm

Boy what a difference, well worth the $90 bucks. On an empty back road when you put on the high beams lights at least 3/4 of mile on a straight road.

Comes with H4 street legal 55/60 watt bulbs that are SAE/DOT approved. But they say you can get higher watt bulbs at Pep Boys.

Again well worth the money. Especially since the stock lights suck!

Pork - the one you love! tomsjeep's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1995

Closest Installation

Camp Robinson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the IPF conversion years ago on my TJ. The difference is amazing. They are so bright! (IPF Fat Boy bulbs... worth the money!)
    I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment out of these... especially when someone blinks their brights at you while you're on low beam, cause when you flip to high beam, they'll be heading into the ditch!
    2007 Liberty, Black, 245x70r16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor "Miss Libby" (I didn't pick the nick)
    2002 Wrangler Sahara, Black & Tan, 31x10.5r15 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, ARB Bullbar, etc.
    Bristol (Sailstar) Corsair & 2 kayaks.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been looking for something like that. Thanx.
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

I am a chapter of one sincitycj's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1989

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I did the Delta set up on my 7 and WOW what a difference. I ran them thru a set of relays and upgraded to 12 ga. wire from the relay to the sockets.
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    went to google to see if I too was a dumb ass!!! Well actually I am.

http://www.sincityrubs.com/

usnavymitchells

Quote Originally Posted by tomsjeep View Post
    I'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment out of these... especially when someone blinks their brights at you while you're on low beam, cause when you flip to high beam, they'll be heading into the ditch!

They managed to avoid the ditch, But I'm sure the first words out of there mouth when I flicked my high's were....Shit!

Pork - the one you love! tomsjeep's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1995

Closest Installation

Camp Robinson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    [/B]

They managed to avoid the ditch, But I'm sure the first words out of there mouth when I flicked my high's were....Shit!
    You know, the first difference I noticed with mine was driving on a backroad in late afternoon, with lights on, but still not quite twilight... road signs were lighting up way down the road like I would expect to happen at night, not during the daytime.
    For anyone considering the upgrade, I have to recommend the IPF bulbs... they are way brighter than the other ones on the market. Yeah, I know they're about twice the cost, but they put out so much more light.
    2007 Liberty, Black, 245x70r16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor "Miss Libby" (I didn't pick the nick)
    2002 Wrangler Sahara, Black & Tan, 31x10.5r15 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, ARB Bullbar, etc.
    Bristol (Sailstar) Corsair & 2 kayaks.