User Tag List

Thread: Alignment After Replacing Drag Link / Pitman Arm TRE?

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alignment After Replacing Drag Link / Pitman Arm TRE?

Just test drove my Jeep after replacing the drag link / pitman arm TRE. I can't really tell if that fixed my shimmy issues...something feels weird in the steering...I need to drive it more.

The steering wheel is noticably off, but would my alignment be thrown off as well after the swap? I know the tie rod adjusts the alignment and the drag link adjusts the steering wheel.

Sure, I could just check my toe in...but at the moment it's just easier to post up for some input...
    "People Sleep Peaceably In Their Beds At Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready To Do Violence On Their Behalf" - George Orwell

"There Is No Hunting Like The Hunting Of Man, And Those Who Have Hunted Armed Men Long Enough And Liked It, Never Care For Anything Else Thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

2005 TJ Sport > > > OME 2.5" Suspension Lift, JKS Front & Rear Adjustable Track Bars, JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML

I am a chapter of one sincitycj's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1989

Closest Installation

Nellis AFB
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Swapping pretty much any of the front parts will cause the alignment to be off. I would have it done.
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    went to google to see if I too was a dumb ass!!! Well actually I am.

http://www.sincityrubs.com/

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay...thanks! checked my toe...was 63.25 front and rear. need to come in a little and re-center my steering wheel...
    "People Sleep Peaceably In Their Beds At Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready To Do Violence On Their Behalf" - George Orwell

"There Is No Hunting Like The Hunting Of Man, And Those Who Have Hunted Armed Men Long Enough And Liked It, Never Care For Anything Else Thereafter" - Ernest Hemingway

2005 TJ Sport > > > OME 2.5" Suspension Lift, JKS Front & Rear Adjustable Track Bars, JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you could probably get away with just turning it in one turn and adjusting your draglink for the steering wheel.
    Have you touched your ball joints and unit bearings yet?

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no...hopefully I won't have to. I need to take her for a long test drive now and see how she's doing. but...my alignment might be a factor now as well! so...

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would set your toe yourself right now.
    If you have to replace your ball joints and unit bearings, you'll just need to get it alligned again.