Served
    Served
    1970 to 1976

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default More Jeeps

The wife and I were at a friends over the weekend. He used to have 14 Jeeps, and is now down to 4. One he just recently re-bought was one he owned about 20 years ago. He also has a 55' Willys, and 67' CJ5(?) maybe. He was gone when we first got there, out running errands in his 76' Jeep. I parked our 2004 TJ next to three of them(the oldest ones) and took some pictures. I was surprised how much larger the TJ looked sitting next to them. Longer and quite a bit wider. In fact, the TJ looked fat sitting there. I'll post some pic's as soon as I get them off the camera.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Richardson
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty cool. That sure is a lot of jeeps.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. Lot of Jeeps.
    "I rather be a rightwing nutjob than a left wing liberal with no nuts and no job"

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1970 to 1976

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to know this guy. Never married, used to fly planes for a living. Taught flying at a local airport. Owns Lot's of rental properties, and a few businesses. Flew crews around the U.S. One day my son and I stopped by to visit. We couldn't find Bill, my son walked around his huge shed/storage bldg. I heard, "Found Him." Bill was testing his Scuba gear in his pond on his property. Back in the late 80's, he had most of the Jeeps in the large storage shed, and along the back wall were Jeep engines and transmissions on pallets, just waiting to be used, if needed. Oh, in 2001, he bought one of the Harley Motorcycles that was used in a mid 70's TV show called, "Here comes Bronson." or something like that. He flew out to Calif. picked up the bike, and rode it back to Illinois. You never know what he will be doing when you stop by. He has a large motor boat sitting on his property. I don't remember why or how he got it. It has 2 Ford 289 engines in it for power, the boat has seen better days. In our area, if you need Jeep parts or Jeep info, you call Bill...

Administrator/Jarhead Jeeper USMCHarleyJeepGuy's Avatar
    From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli...(Quantico, VA)

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1987 to Present

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a pretty cool old cat to know...
    Marines...shoot me a PM if you have not received an invitation to the Jarhead Jeepers social group on this site and would like to be a member.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes un-delegated powers its acts are un-authoritative void and of no force"
    ~~Thomas Jefferson

Blessed are they who, in the face of death, think first only about the front sight tip.

Celer-Silens-Mortalis

2003 TJ Rubicon
    1954 CJ-3B

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1990 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep sounds like a pretty diverse guy and someone to stay friends with...never know when you might need someone with those talents.

Truck
    Quote Originally Posted by korisu56 View Post
    Im in no position to. Mine doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by miljeep View Post
    Oh, thanks to Nate who stopped by tonight and helped a struggling old bald man pitch a tent.
    83 Scrambler, bought in 94...starting to rust away..."we can rebuild him" Now in pieces all over the garage
    82 Scrambler, bought in 05, chevy 305/TH350/NP205
    86 CUCV Maintanance truck w/12KW PTO driven generator & air compressor
    83 Scrambler-151/T176/D300...basically stock..possible restoration for DD duties