User Tag List

Thread: well think i got it narrowed down...

Indecisive servicemember medicbear's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default well think i got it narrowed down...

i test drove the commander not to bad i must say.
    but just to get stuff paid off faster i may look into this either try to talk em down a lil more or get em to throw in the ext warrnty good till 100k for free... anyone got any input on this year and the set up? not to familiary with the GC family
    2001-2005 Air Force Medic, 2005-2006 Navy Corpsman, 2007-Present Army Medic/Chaplains Asst.

Indecisive servicemember medicbear's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also its rated to tow 6500lbs think it will have any issues towing my wifes hhr (4200lbs) long distance i know MPG will drop
    2001-2005 Air Force Medic, 2005-2006 Navy Corpsman, 2007-Present Army Medic/Chaplains Asst.

She-Jeeping Jarhead LeafspringMARINE's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commander - replacing your "snow buddies" with "Snow bunnies" huh??

I must say, Cammander has the gayest of the gay TV commercials - not that there's anything wrong with that.....
    Meghan - MY KID CAN PICK OFF YOUR HONORS STUDENT AT A CLICK AND A HALF !
    • Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
      Ronald Reagan

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh... I like the commanders. I was looking at them with a friend a year ago and you could find the unlimited 4.7's with less than 20k miles for about $15k.
    Nice and roomy, plenty of power, heated seats and sun roofs. Couldn't comment on the towing capacity of them, but it's got to be better than a wrangler.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had an '06 4.7 Commander that towed Bessie on a UHAUL trailer to Rausch Creek with no problems....
    Getting my morning coffee at the mud truck. Don't ever talk to me until I've had my morning coffee. Seriously, don't. I'm venomous. @BronxZooCobra.

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by medicbear View Post
    i test drove the commander not to bad i must say.
    but just to get stuff paid off faster i may look into this either try to talk em down a lil more or get em to throw in the ext warrnty good till 100k for free... anyone got any input on this year and the set up? not to familiary with the GC family

don't give em the full price for that. there is some stuff that just don't jive. looks like an overland badge, and interior trim. but the wheels and the badges on the back arn't there. also can't tell but a hitch is a factory option on the over land. its there no matter what and that didn't look like it had a hitch.

rock rails are part of the over land package. check out www.wjjeeps.com for more information on the trim packages
    -Jeb

99 GC Ltd. V8. plenty of goodies, 6in lift 33s, rear locker, 12v cooler, steel bumpers fr+rr, Roof Top Tent,
    01 TJ 4.0 auto.. stock street queen for now.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My B-I-L had the identical vehicle, ran great, towed his boat all over the State of Maine, not the same weight but it towed very well. Looks like it does have the hitch, at least the center panel is missing which indicates the factory hitch, hard to see in the photo. I would beat them up on the price, seems a little high compared to what I have seen on Craiglist, etc.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to 2014

Closest Installation

Malmstrom AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only input would be from a buddy who works up at JP magazine...DON'T DO IT if you plan on putting anything other than stock size tires on or lifting it at all. He ran one for 25k miles and hated it after they went up 2 tire sizes. He said he would rather drive his M715 in LA friday afternoon traffic than take that thing anywhere. Just my .02