Served
    Served
    2004 to 2011

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default P0700 (Pending) Code Cherokee

I search a bunch of posts on Jeep Forums and seem to have the same issues as some other people, and my Jeep is giving me this code.

P0700 and says that is is pending. Not to sure what that means?

I have had this problem with my tranny not shiffting correctly for a while, but just yesterday this code was given. I have an old post here:

Transmission vacume leak. Not shifting right. Engine stalling out.

If you would kindly read that post, it is really where I stand now. Everything seemed to be OK and about 80 miles later I am getting a shifting issue again. But now I have the code. Also, it does not start on every try. I will have to stop turning it over, and try again, and it starts right up.

As others have said, my Jeep seems as if it is starting in 2nd gear after driving on the highway, then stoping and going again in town. Also, at about 65 I am at 3000 RPM and that seems high.

Other posts state they have an AW4 tranny. Not even sure what that means. And a bunch of other things (NSS, PCM, ect) that I don't know what they stand for.

I have a 1999 Cherokee that was 2 wheel drive, that was converted to 4 wheel drive with 1993 Cherokee parts.

I have a tone of money put into this Jeep, and want to get it running correctly. Seems like every time I fix one thing, the next breaks. Little disheartening but I gotta get it working!

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you jump started your jeep lately?
    I got this code, along with the jeep not downshifting from 2 to 1 within a week of the jump start. I looked into everything, and decided it was either the solenoid valve in the transmission, the transmission control module, or the pcm. The solenoid valve is about a 3 hr job and costs about $250 for the part and new fluid for the trans. The TCM is about $200 and maybe a half hour job. The pcm is a pain... more than likely you'd have to purchase one from the dealer.
    The consensus for me was to reset the pcm and see if the problem persisted. It didn't.
    I would reset the pcm and see if the light comes back. If it does, take it to a trans shop and have a diagnostic done. That should narrow it down for you.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2007 to 2010

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what tranny was in the jeep befor the swap it it was the tf999 and you went to the aw4 then there may be computer issues
    Rocks to a Jeep are like crack to an addict

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by trailsnail View Post
    Anything can be fixed with enough redneckery.

Branch
    Marine Corps Reserves
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to 2011

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure as I did not do the work myself. It ran for many 1k's of miles with no issues. It just came up about a month ago.