1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pimp My Axle.... and then some.

I have been collecting "stuff" to lock my front and rear axles for quite a while I knew I wanted the ARB setup and I knew that I was going to have onboard air.... I went with the Warn PP, got the plumbing kit and a 2.5 tank. The plan has been to get the front and rear locked, diff covers, trusses and gusset the front 30 in preparation for 37s:

Of course I had to throw some flat black on the air tank so it wouldn't stand out like a sore thumb under the rig...

I had planned on getting this stuff installed myself but a broken back has slowed me down more than a little.... so this stuff has sat for a while. After a few conversations with my buddy Geo I ended up at his place this weekend.... had to work this week and will go back over on Friday.

I upgraded the front axle shafts to chromies back in January and wanted to add a locker, C gussets and truss the front - all that is getting done now and I will get some pics as progress continues:

Picked up an air locker for the rear as well I kinda have a black theme going and the while the RED ARB diff covers are nice I would rather have black... my buddy knew that so he blasted and powder coated the diff covers black and left the logo red - I think I can live with that! Also trussed it while it is out....

Now for a cool touch.....

I would usually buy a half gallon of Crown for someone who goes out of their way to help out but I knew that he didn't drink... he does like RedBull so this is what he got...

His wife likes pickles and brownies (ya... I know....) so I got something to keep her busy while he fuels himself on RedBull and works on my heap

He knew that I plan on going with a 12VoltGuy
    switch panel in the future:

So he didn't want to drill some big holes in the dash knowing that the switches and air gauge would move early next year. He made a custom panel that looks damn good if you ask me, sprayed it with bedliner and installed it. Nice!

I will update the post as the work progresses, I can hardly wait to go test it out on the trail!

Back to 1 Jeep... for now rroadkilll's Avatar

Branch
    Coast Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

AIRSTA Elizabeth City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good... Cannot wait to see the progress

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Sam Houston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had to order some fittings.... had a hard time finding a good place for the 2.5 tank, was going to put it where the evap canister was but it already has a skid and I didn't want to relocate it..... it would be exposed too much if I put it where the muffler is and relocated the muffler so it is going behind the front bumper, nice and snug - and protected plus less plumbing to get messed up. I will get some pics when I can.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Spangdahlem AB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the way the diff covers look. I think ARB should do that as an option.
    1992 XJ (broke) 3 inch lift, 31" Thornbirds
    2004 Rubi - Street tires and an ugly bug guard