Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 4wd not working..at all.

so i realized my 4wd stick felt a lil iffy, so i looked under and had my wife move the stick..sure as shit, the linkage at the t-case isnt moving at all...also a few other things im wonderin why this happened on my jeep..first my front springs are pushed aginst my knuckles..and driver rear shock, is smashed half way up because of the bottom plate for my spring..

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you have a body lift or a motor mount lift? Either of those could change the position your transfercase sits in, which would affect the t-case linkage and shifting.

Your front springs. Are they seated properly? I noticed one of mine wasn't seated properly in the grove and the spring looked like it was starting to bow out.

For the rear shocks, you have 2 options. Get a shock that runs the body up top, are get shock relocators. The relocators basically bolt on to where the bottom of your shock is currently mounted, and stick down and out a bit more to give you extra clearance.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2007

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could have broke the shift fork in the tranfer case. lift the front end off the ground and see if you can spin the front drive shaft by hand. if you can with the transfer in 4x4 then it is in your transfer
    dosomething or get over it

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dosomething View Post
    could have broke the shift fork in the tranfer case. lift the front end off the ground and see if you can spin the front drive shaft by hand. if you can with the transfer in 4x4 then it is in your transfer
    I dont think thats the case here..when i watched my wife move the shift lever..i noticed that under everything seemed to bind up. The bar coming from the shifter is like held on the the actual t-case shifter with a cotter pin or somethin holding it togeather..well when i try to shift out of 2wd it just kinda binds up and turns towards the t-case.. dunno if this helps or not..but i went on google images and typed jeep wrangler transfer case linkage and got this picture..ill post the link..what im curious of is the bracket that looks like this ]====[ what is this bar in the picture and is it part of my linkage..
    http://image.jpmagazine.com/f/images...pg.jpg...after further review..ive realized i have one of these in the back of my jeep...and now im pretty p-o'ed because the Previous owner mentioned nothing about this.. heres a pic of what i got:
    Last edited by Sniperx9119; 11-30-2009 at 00:03.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1980 to 1981

Closest Installation

McGuire AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What vehicle is it ??? Is that some new fangled z-bar ?
    JP

NEVER FORGET
    olllo
    Semper Fidelis

"THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING". ...... EDMUND BURKE.....

PS3 gamer tag- jeepinjp/clan tag- MJ COD:MW2

WFTW http://www.wheelersforthewounded.org/
    WFTWNJ http://wheelersforthewoundednj.org
    NJJC http://www.northjerseyjeepclub.org/
    NOHVCC http://www.nohvcc.org
    BRC http://www.sharetrails.org/ B.O.D. 2009 V.P. 2011-2013 Pres. 2013-2015

I work hard because millions on welfare depend on me....

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2001 to 2008

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iíve had my linkage pop out of that bracket before and it caused it to bind and not shift. All Iíve done was climb under and realign the linkage and all was well. Advance Adapters makes a new shifter bracket that mounts to the T-case to eliminate most of that linkage.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the linkage bracket from a TJ. Basically, there's 4 bolts that hold that to the tub. From the drivers seat, if you look down at the side of the shift console, you'll probably see 4 holes that look like they might be a mounting point for something down near your transmission. Those 4 holes line up with that little doo hickey.

I asked before, but I'll ask again... do you have a body lift? The reason I ask, is if you do, that by itself won't work. There's another bracket that attaches to that to make up for the space left after you do a body lift. Thats the only reason why I would think the previous owner would have pulled that thing out... maybe he was hoping he could just slam it into 4 hi instead of adding the adjustment plate.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol id let you know if i had a body lift, if i knew if i had a body lift. this jeep is retard'ly(a new word) lifted/worked on...somehow it has 35s on it that dont rub while connected...but seems to only have larger spring with stock shocks...crazy eh?

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take a picture of one of the body mounts, i'd also try to take a picture of the area under your jeep where your linkage is so we can see what's going on there.
    also, I'd drive over to the guy's house that you bought this from, and kick him in the taint.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffb_79 View Post
    take a picture of one of the body mounts, i'd also try to take a picture of the area under your jeep where your linkage is so we can see what's going on there.
    also, I'd drive over to the guy's house that you bought this from, and kick him in the taint.
    Dont think ill be able to get you the picture of the linkage..all my pictures are with my phone..so no flash..ill try to get a decent pic of one of the body mounts when i get off work today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast