2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dirtworx Rear bumper

I'm actually wanting to know if anyone here is running this bumper or knows someone running it. I've been looking at them for a while and think I will be ordering one with the tax return this year. They look stout and have all the features I am looking for (Jerry can holders, hi lift storage, swing away tire)

http://www.thedirtworx.com/Rearbumpers.html

Here's a link to them. If you order it from his eBay store, it looks as though you can get it with the shackles, and shipped for just under $500 which is a good price considering that similar ones run around $750 and up.

Anyone out there able to provide input?
    06 LJ | 4.0L | NSG-370 | D44/D30 w/4.88's | 4.5" RE Superflex lift | 35-12.50-15 Cooper STT's on 15x10 Cragan steelies | RockKrawler X-Factor steering | Shrockworks sliders | DirtWorx bumper/tire carrier | LockRite auto locker | Midland CB w/4 ft Firefly antenna | SOLID rear diff cover | DIY thumb throttle | 750w power inverter | Smittybilt XRC8 winch ...and GROWING

http://wheelersforthewounded.org
    http://www.mississippivalleyjeepers.com

Non-MVC Supporter Military Jeeper's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The welds look decent from what the pictures show........not perfect though. I'd be curious to know more about the tow hook mounts as they looked welded to the plate vice through the bumper.
    NOTE: I DO NOT ENDORSE MOUNTAIN VALLEY CUSTOMS (MVC) FOR ANY 4x4 MODIFICATIONS - PM ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS WHY!

(To those who wonder, I am NOT the club founder, this has been my screen name for over 10 yrs on all other forums and ironically this site is called "Military Jeepers"......contact miljeep for forum related questions)

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely ask about how the shackles are welded. I seem to remember seeing them on ebay and noting that they were only welded to the front. That was about a year ago so they may have changed but worth checking into.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they're shackle welds are not what you're looking for, give BESRK a call. Does bumper builds with frame tie ins and water/gas cans.

Non-MVC Supporter Military Jeeper's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by korisu56 View Post
    If they're shackle welds are not what you're looking for, give BESRK a call. Does bumper builds with frame tie ins and water/gas cans.
    Amen to that.....
    NOTE: I DO NOT ENDORSE MOUNTAIN VALLEY CUSTOMS (MVC) FOR ANY 4x4 MODIFICATIONS - PM ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS WHY!

(To those who wonder, I am NOT the club founder, this has been my screen name for over 10 yrs on all other forums and ironically this site is called "Military Jeepers"......contact miljeep for forum related questions)