1990 to 2010

Closest Installation

Vandenberg AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default oil cooler

I just replaced my radiator with one from the " Radiator Barn" for $175. It's a 3 core all metal, but with auto trans reservior, not what I ordered. My question is: can I use the tranny cooler as a oil cooler with out loosing oil pressure? Anybody ever try this? I sourced the parts and it's about $50 with lines, fittings and the adapter. It's an easy install.
    http://www.jegs.com/i/Flex-a-lite/400/3961/10002/-1

The reason I ask is: I rev the shit out the engine in the dunes, you have to some times, it happens. The temps in Pismo are not the same in Glamis. I plan on going harder, slow rock crawling, this summer and everything will help. I will abuse my jeep. Just wondering if its a waste of time and money.
    Never had any problems overheating before, the original rad was wasted. The fins were sprinkling off after every wash. Not to bad for 16 years old.

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i spent 7 years out that way and the only time i EVER had an issue with over heating or temps was snow wheeling. i lived out at O'wells, superstition, and gordons and never had an issue with temps. that was with a .030" stroker also.

darwinism at its best irish1371's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats alot of line/volume for your pump to move. not saying it wont work but I would think maybe a remote twin oil filter set up with some louvers in the hood would do more for temp reduction.
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan
    Army vs Marines = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU