1995 to 2004

Closest Installation

fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Operation Notchback

Started with an 89 Jeep Cherokee country for $100, started to customize it by taking a saw zall to the back end, removing all the rusted floor, rusted rockers. Bought a complete floor sections front and rear from Baseline4x4.com, Bought a 01 XJ with interior, motor, tranny, TC,doors , dash, and complete wiring harness. SO the direction began as a customizing project that would be something I could build for myself.

After speaking with a wife of a veteran who I had served with I would change direction of the build from a project for myself to give away to a veteran thanking hime for his service.
    for the past year I along with other Jeepers have cut welded, fit, new floors, custom cutting the rear wheel wells to make a larger wheel well. , Trimmed out front fenders to accomodate a larger rim and tire 35x12.5x15 Mastercraft Cursors M/T's on Crager 15x12 Streetlocks which were both donated
    after test fitting and welding the new floor the interior was removed and 2001 XJ dash was custom installed interior was test fit which was donated by Economy Auto Salvage here in Ft Wayne Indiana.
    Paps then started helping me collect donations from people here in the community, and local buisnesses to thank him for his service to our country

I then started fitting a rear section of a 92 Ford Ranger cab into the rear of the XJ to enclose the rear of the Jeep. I also started boxing all the taillight sections to make a new look with the help of flush mount 4 inch LED's

Then I got a call from Paps about suspension from Rough Country they wanted to donated it for $200 which was a full 4 1/2 inch lift kit with leaf packs shocks and other goodies with made room for the D44 rear axle I had picked up for this build.

The motor was out of the 2001 XJ which would make it a 4.0 H.O., stock Tranny, and NP231 TC. The motor would be rebuilt by C&P Machine here in Ft.Wayne,IN The money would be donated by D.A.V. state commander and others from Indianpolis ($1,200) The motor would be assembled after the machine work (boring of block .030 over with rebuild kit Kieth Black pistons, the H.O. head was completely rebuilt revalved and reguided)

We installed the Rough country lift kit, installed the 35x12.5x15's plus rims it made a huge difference in the stance look and took a huge step forward.
    Now we are working on getting all the wiring done, fuel pump assembly bought, Driveshafts made, exhaust made, brakes and fuel lines

Get Bent Kustoms is doing a roll cage rock sliders, bumpers and exo cage
    so more pics to come
    Attached Images Attached Images

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey AFHockey. this is the notchback i had mentioned in another thread somewhere. it has been a little while since we talked about it. hope ya remember. as Xjryder said, he started to build this thing then joined the jeepininin club and posted up what he was doing and a handful of us jumped in to give him a hand. he and the other guys have done the hands on work. i helped install the lift but that was all i have done so far. i have gone around town here in person and made some calls to places like rough country and have gotten a good amount of parts and supplies donated in to the build. its still a good ways away from being done but id say 75% of the job is done. it will be a pretty neat little contraption once it gets finished.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was kinda close. lol....guess it was korisu56 i was talkin to. it was in the Xmas give-away

Quote:
    Originally Posted by korisu56
    notchback build?

yes sir. we have taken an 89 xj chopped the back/top off just over the rearend and fabed it in all in closed. once done it will be handed over free and clear to Sgt Jeremy Rockstroh. he was wounded over in Iraq. i wll try to get some pics of our build.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rear enclosure looks fantastic.

Wow. Thats an amazing amount of work. Will be a great wheeler when its done. Interior (Seats and dash) looks pristine.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 1995

Closest Installation

Fort Wayne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinSoldier View Post
    The rear enclosure looks fantastic.

Wow. Thats an amazing amount of work. Will be a great wheeler when its done. Interior (Seats and dash) looks pristine.

believe it or not. that interior came out of the junk yard. its in better shape then whats in most going down the road!

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1993 to 2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing build so far and truly amazing amount of people have had their hands on the build in one way or another whether it be actual grunt work to donations of parts and supplies. It is amazing what can be done with a little time and effort. I personally say thank you to each and everyone of you that have had a hand in this and congrats Roc, you deserve it. And Matt, to give up your dream that someone else could have one is amazing and you deserve a huge round of applause in this. You spend your days now helping others selflessly with only the knowledge and gratification you have made a difference, You are also a great person and I am glad to know you and glad for the help you have given me. Now I only hope I can find some time to get my hands dirty ont his thing. I worked with Roc here while were were both in 293d before I went to the 101st and he went to where he was off to and I would love to help, this damn back prevents a lot but I hope to help somewhere.
    2008 4Dr. JK Sahara
    Air Assault!

Administrator/Jarhead Jeeper USMCHarleyJeepGuy's Avatar
    From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli...(Quantico, VA)

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1987 to Present

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USMC

Sweet looking build...can't wait to see some more pics!
    Marines...shoot me a PM if you have not received an invitation to the Jarhead Jeepers social group on this site and would like to be a member.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes un-delegated powers its acts are un-authoritative void and of no force"
    ~~Thomas Jefferson

Blessed are they who, in the face of death, think first only about the front sight tip.

Celer-Silens-Mortalis

2003 TJ Rubicon
    1954 CJ-3B

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Dover AFB
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is an awesome build.. would love to see more pics as well..

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is an awesome built........congrats....
    1999 TJ 6in and 33s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast