1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PURKS83CJ View Post
    . I don't know about you guys, but when you spend $5,000 plus dollars on something like a tire/wheel combo and warranty you expect it to be correct the first time.
    Hell yeah I'd want it right the first time! And not have to jump through hoops with a "No Questions" warranty.

I went on thier website a few days ago, becuase I need an axle shaft for my D44. The D44 is from a Scout II, and they have 'truck stuff', so I checked them out.

They have the typical "Search for your vehicle" thing, so I punched in "1979 IHC Scout II" and went to axle shafts.

They showed me axle shafts for Ford, Chevy and even Dodges.

Funny, I didn't realize that International ever used a Ford 9", or the GM 14 bolt diffs

Why can't they do like other sites, and say " O results for axle shafts for '79 Scout II"??

For as big as they are, there website sucks to use. I'm a simple man, I need simple websites.

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1999 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what i can tell the things i looked at arent but a couple bucks cheaper than quadratec but their site is crap. looked up the rampage front bumper i want and hey have it without the stinger but no pic......seriously??? i have a good imagination but i'd want to see it before i bought it. i'll just keep using quadratec just b/c i know their customer service is better and haven't had any problems, or let the AWESOME guys at MVC build it for me
    WHEN THE FK DID WE GET ICE CREAM???

MINDS ARE LIKE PARACHUTES, JUST B/C YOU LOST YOURS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN BORROW MINE.
    _______
    /l ,[_____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daddyfitz View Post
    ..... AWESOME guys at MVC build it for me
    I vote for that one!!

My buddy Russell (who is 'russell' on here) built a tube bender, and my cage was one of the first things he bent up with it.

Now I'm having him build me a grill hoop for my CJ, in exchange for helping him set up a front diff.

The 'barter system' But back on topic, yeah I want to see what I'm getting before shelling out the cash (especially for bumpers they are expensive!)

So I want good pics, or work with the shop (like MVC) and have it built the way I want it.

I've had good luck with Q-tec on the few things I bought from them. At least they told me straight out if something was on back order.

I still prefer the smaller shops/stores, as they work harder at their customer service.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2003 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 4wheel parts here has always been pretty bad ass for us. The store manager, always works with me and gets me some good deals, making it feel like a small shop. I haven't had them do any install but they have yet to let me down when it comes to prices and delivery... Everything else is up to the manu
    "I offer neither pay, nor quarters, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me."
    Giuseppe Garibaldi

Bet you don't love hockey like we do.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep'nDoc View Post
    . The store manager, always works with me and gets me some good deals, making it feel like a small shop.
    That's what makes the diffference, having a good manager.

We have no chain type off road stores up here, matter of fact, there's NO off road places within 100 miles of me!

So when I'm dealing with one, it's over the net or over the phone.

I really like doing biz face to face, becuase you get a good feel for the shop and service. But other than regular parts stores, it hard to do here.

It's good to hear something positive about 4WP for a change!

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4WP/4WD has been hit or miss with me. Alot of times it times a month for their stuff to arrive, their prices are good and matched, along with good deals. Their technicians and sales service people are dumb as hell and will try to suck every living penny out of you. I ended up caving in after numerous requests to purchase their $350 warranty + $100 lifetime warranty on tires. Its not something I wanted and the sales person kept telling me I needed to in order for him to get me a good deal. I kept looking at the receipt and felt like I was getting screwed. I somehow luckily got a hold of the district manager and he refunded me the full amount and threw in the $100 lifetime warranty for free, the salesperson also got in trouble as he also had refused to refund me the day after. Partially my fault for not having a backbone, but yea theyre no good, they also dont know shit and forgot to do my steering alignment which I went back and got it done

If you spot me, I'll do it! socalkenny's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1990 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So a guy I work with tells me the other week how he just dropped $9600 at 4WP for suspension, tires, wheels & whatever else all the best dressed mall crawlers are sporting these days. Without going into detail I told him he should not have gone to 4WP because they suck ass and should be driven out of the industry. He disagreed and tried to convince me that they really gave him a good deal. Last week he approached me to tell me how he wished he had talked to me before dropping all the cash at 4WP. Apparently he crawled under his truck to do an oil change and found several suspension bolts that had only been hand tightened. And here's the best part: they all had torque stripe on them. Really, who do they hire to work there? Preschoolers? I'll admit there may be a couple of good guys that slipped through the cracks and somehow made it through the jack ass screening, but it's been my experience that this company is shit.
    A proud member of the best "Most F'd Up Club" in SoCal: http://www.4x4corps.com/

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sucks for your buddy.

If you spot me, I'll do it! socalkenny's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1990 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another example of 4WP's "great" work. Last summer a new guy joined our group to run the Dusy/Ershim trail. He had just had 4WP install a new suspension the week prior. (I know, the Dusy is not the trail to test your new suspension, but he was new to our group and we had not had the opportunity to educate him yet) About a 1/4 mile into the 33 mile long trail we had to make adjustments to the suspension because it was binding as he articulated over the obstacles. Not a problem, that's understandable. But on day 4 his steering came apart. The end of the drag link that attached to the pitman arm had only been threaded into the drag link by about 2 threads and it pulled apart, taking the threads from the drag link with it. This of course meant he had no steering at all. Since none of us brought a spare drag link we had to do some inventive trail repairs to keep him going. This was a best case scenario. As crappy as it was trying to fix that drag link at 10,000 feet in elevation on the side of a mountain in the Sierras, just imagine if it had come apart on the highway 12 hours later that same day. He would probably be dead and very possibly could have taken a few others with him.

We ended up cutting the drag link so we could thread the end back into it. It's hard to make out, but in the 3rd pic notice how little we had to cut off. That's how little the end was threaded into the drag link. A death trap waiting to happen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by socalkenny; 03-21-2010 at 22:40.
    A proud member of the best "Most F'd Up Club" in SoCal: http://www.4x4corps.com/

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stories like that is why I do my own wrenching!

Seriously though, if you own and wheel a Jeep, you should learn the basics anyway, so you can find/fix any problems on the trail.

Best way to learn is by jumping in and doing it. Joining a club, or having guys from here, is a big plus, becuase you have someone to help you out, and show you what to do the first time, then ya learn!

Having a shop set up the gears/locker is one thing, but I feel guys should do thier own lifts and mods, so they learn thier rig.

I'm glad to see you guys got him off the trail! There are those who would leave him there! (Not most Jeepers I know, we are good at taking care of folks, even if they drive a Hummer!)

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast