1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lodging: What's Everyone Doing?

I perused through the postings here and didn't see anyone mentioning about their lodging. What is the plan on lodging (I saw Rausch Creek has lodging info but curious as to what everyone is doing).

So let's here it...........where are you staying? Are you camping or hotel/moteling it?
    NOTE: I DO NOT ENDORSE MOUNTAIN VALLEY CUSTOMS (MVC) FOR ANY 4x4 MODIFICATIONS - PM ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS WHY!

(To those who wonder, I am NOT the club founder, this has been my screen name for over 10 yrs on all other forums and ironically this site is called "Military Jeepers"......contact miljeep for forum related questions)

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the cool kids camp at RC and enjoy the night time festivities and drunkeness.
    All the old farts sleep at the comfort inn. If you plan on staying at the hotel, make your reservations early as they tend to fill up quick.... especially if there's other events going on that weekend.

Administrator/Jarhead Jeeper USMCHarleyJeepGuy's Avatar
    From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli...(Quantico, VA)

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1987 to Present

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am an old fart and will be in a hotel.
    Marines...shoot me a PM if you have not received an invitation to the Jarhead Jeepers social group on this site and would like to be a member.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes un-delegated powers its acts are un-authoritative void and of no force"
    ~~Thomas Jefferson

Blessed are they who, in the face of death, think first only about the front sight tip.

Celer-Silens-Mortalis

2003 TJ Rubicon
    1954 CJ-3B

Non-MVC Supporter Military Jeeper's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone bringing pets..........I will have a 3 month old puppy with me when I head up there. Also, on the note of animals, do any of the hotels house animals (the websites for the hotels were very generic, however I didn't dig deep into them).
    NOTE: I DO NOT ENDORSE MOUNTAIN VALLEY CUSTOMS (MVC) FOR ANY 4x4 MODIFICATIONS - PM ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS WHY!

(To those who wonder, I am NOT the club founder, this has been my screen name for over 10 yrs on all other forums and ironically this site is called "Military Jeepers"......contact miljeep for forum related questions)

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1967 to 1971

Closest Installation

NWS Earle
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be a practicing old fart staying in the Comfort Inn. If you make reservations call the Comfort Inn in Pine Grove direct and mention the event at Rausch Creek. The room is about $50 a night less with the RC discount.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffb_79 View Post
    All the cool kids camp at RC and enjoy the night time festivities and drunkeness.
    All the old farts sleep at the comfort inn. If you plan on staying at the hotel, make your reservations early as they tend to fill up quick.... especially if there's other events going on that weekend.
    Im an old fart that camps at RC and enjoy's the night time festivities and drunkeness with the cool kids.....
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, seems to be a theme here..............old farts that is

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Military Jeeper View Post
    Anyone bringing pets..........I will have a 3 month old puppy with me when I head up there. Also, on the note of animals, do any of the hotels house animals (the websites for the hotels were very generic, however I didn't dig deep into them).
    Chris brought the pups last year. He should be able to give you some pointers.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Military Jeeper View Post
    You can have pets at the park... just ask Chris, his dogs ran around like little bastards each night I would find a good way to secure the dog in your jeep during the trail rides though.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JeepinSoldier View Post
    Chris brought the pups last year. He should be able to give you some pointers.
    Chris as in Korisu56? I'm sure he'll chime in soon.........very excited to hit some real trails again. It's been about 3 yrs since I've wheeled (2 yrs it was in the disasterous state that MVC is now fixing from the [email protected]@$$ in Hawaii jacking it up.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast