Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Got hit

Somebody blew threw a stop sign and hit my Jeep. I was letting a buddy use it. Happened on base. Great lakes Police department says it will take 7-10 business days to get the police report. I have no idea what the name of the girl who hit it was. My buddy had never been in an accident before so he didn't know to get all her insurance info. The police have it, but they wont give it to me. ****en yay. USAA is being very helpfull about this, so we'll see what happens.
    Oh and another reason Im very upset... I was almost done with a round headlight conversion.

The passenger side had all the bondo built up, it just needed to be smoothed out and painted. It would have looked like it came from the factory that way. Oh well.
    93 Cherokee Sport - Mine
    09 Dodge Journey - ComNavWife's

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you get the police report, it will have all the information of the other driver on it.... or it should. You can just send that off to your insurance company and let them recoup all the charges.

DEATH BEFORE SHORE DUTY! SquiDMonkeY's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffb_79 View Post
    When you get the police report, it will have all the information of the other driver on it.... or it should. You can just send that off to your insurance company and let them recoup all the charges.
    Yeah, Im just annoyed I have to wait 7-10 Business days.
    93 Cherokee Sport - Mine

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SquiDMonkeY View Post
    Yeah, Im just annoyed I have to wait 7-10 Business days.
    Yeah, that's usually the way it works.
    At my last accident, the officer on scene actually gave me a slip with the other drivers info on it so I could get the insurance mess started.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1984 to 2011

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the front subframe is bent, the insurance company will problably total it.

If not, Id take a settlement and fix it myself. There are tons early XJ's in the Junkyards and its pretty easy to disassemble, then replace the header, grille, bumper and fender.
    05 LJ Unlimited Rubicon. RE 3.5" short arm lift. 1" body and motor mount lift. 35" BFG M/T KMII's. 5.13 gears. Skid row and Jeep Medic belly up skid plates. Rokmen and Jeeperman bumpers. PSC rockers and full corners. Line X'd interior. Warn 9.5ti. Dual batteries. Dual tops. Snorkel. Full and half doors.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, that sucks, but at least no one was hurt. Hopefully the insurance company doesn't total it.
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah Im hoping they dont want to total it. I'll fight em on it. The worst part about it is my wifes grandfather gave me the jeep, and he passed away this month. if i have to go to a junkyard and pull parts I will, It wont be that hard, that's where I've gotten most of my 'upgrades' from anyways. It'll suck though with the fender's and clip being different colors. i think in the 4 years I've had this jeep, i've only ever seen one other Cherokee the same color. Guess parts are going to be flat black
    93 Cherokee Sport - Mine

Lost in the sauce.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1995 to 2000

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you called USAA? Almost exactly what happened to my wife. We called USAA and they hooked us up within a few minutes, like always.
    I keep forgetting that I am on a military only Jeep forum. This ROCKS!
    I am somewhat local to you. If you want help I am willing to help ya out man.

Wheelin requires wrenchin Doppler's Avatar

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1990 to 2010

Closest Installation

Tinker AFB
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man that bites. I got hit in my XJ on the highway once by an off duty police officer. He paid out of pocket based on the estimates I received. I took advantage of the labor/ oem bumper costs and bought aftermarket from a buddy who manufactures bumpers and got heavy duty stuff cheaper than factory crap sheet metal. Good luck on the rebuild!

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's an update.
    Insurance company wants to total it. Said my jeep is only worth 1800, and the damages are about 3K. So if I take the money from them, I either A) pay out of pocket to have the body shop fix things and make it all pretty again. B) take the money and the salvage title and try and get parts from a junk yard, and be stuck with a multi colored jeep. C) hope I can find a bottle of vaseline for the ass raping i'm getting from this.

base legal was no help. I want to take the people to court, but Im only going to be here for 9 more days. Im not really in much of a win win situation at all on this. I plan on keeping the jeep and never selling it, so i guess a salvage title wont make much diffrence, but im still upset about it.
    93 Cherokee Sport - Mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast