User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GREAT customer service from Smittybuilt!!

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default GREAT customer service from Smittybuilt!!

Bit of a read, but good times.

Last week I got on a thread about 2 stuck guys in a drainage ditch. It was raining like crazy and one of the idiots wanted to go mudding in it. IN THE MIDDLE OF A RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX...

The other guy went out to help him but got stuck down in the ditch and were both stranded.

Truck 1: Dodge 2500 diesel four door

Truck 2: F350 Extended cab.

Myself and Jeremy(RockinTJk) went out to help them while everyone else posted bout laughing at them.

So 2 JEEPS, on the way to rescue 50 tons worth of dead weight diesels buryed axle deep in the mud between houses.

So we get there, and it looks pretty bad because theres no real way to pull them out without getting down in the muck and nastiness. After a while of trying from different angles, I drove down, and Jeremy followed me, anchored onto me and I pulled them both out. We got them close enough to where a tow truck could get them from the road.

The cops were getting called cause we were down there, and we were on the way out, and as him and I gout out, the kid in the dodge started begging for us to help him out of there.

Jeremy took control of the winch placement and I stayed on the street and pulled them from the bottom of the ditch and out.

Fast forward to Sat, and I pull the winch line out to clean everything off, and what happens? The line falls off, cause all that dead weight snapped the screw on the winch line holding to the drum.

Call 4 wheel parts today at lunch and he calls the guys at Smittybuilt and in the mail coming is a BRAND NEW synthetic winch line, drum, and bolt for the XRC 10

Im so stoked right now!!

And yes.. I have pics to prove that my "little" jeep winched out two big ass trucks... And people laughed at me when I got the "H2 Recovery Vehicle" sticker
    -Mike

"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education like such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like, such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."
    -Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to 2014

Closest Installation

Malmstrom AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Em up! Good on Smittybuilt though. Sounds like they are trying to do ya right.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc8778 View Post
    Post Em up! Good on Smittybuilt though. Sounds like they are trying to do ya right.
    I couldnt believe theyre sending me a brand new rope line... My old one is still intact, just the crimp at the end is bent.. im not gonna complain though

These are the only pics that I can bring up on my computer, the rest are blocked, but gives you an idea of how bad the one was.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Mike

"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education like such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like, such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."
    -Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awsome!! Yeah, we want pics!

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never mind, I see the pics

Did you educate them truck boys about 'where to wheel'?

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillE View Post
    Awsome!! Yeah, we want pics!

Lol.. Unfort, I dont think there are any real clear ones when I was pulling him up from the street. At that point, we were just trying to get them outa there before the cops came.

Dumbass kids... One the cracked open a beer while I was down there(white dodge) and i JUMPED in his ass bout how this isnt fun time and made him pour it out and pitch it... We were in a drainage ditch sandwiched between houses, and the last thing I needed to deal with was an idiot drinking while were working to get HIS ass out of there.

EDIT:

Oh we both told him... I sent him on a little vaction from the site when I got back. Theres wheeling, even illegal wheeling in fields, but this was just assinine.... Theres a thread with 49 pages of basically everyone calling him a dumbass for it.. So yeah, he heard about it lol
    Last edited by AFhockey31; 02-08-2010 at 16:15.
    -Mike

-Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, hopefully they get the message! We all know that the 'bad things' in life spread like wildfire, and really hurts our sport.

He cracked a beer? Damn, I think I woulda left him there for the cops.

That's sweet that you pulled them out, those trucks are heavy enough, but when I rig is buried in the mud like that one is, the 'weight factor', goes up by 1 1/2 to 2 times.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Non-MVC Supporter Military Jeeper's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats.....and thanks for taking care of other wheelers.
    NOTE: I DO NOT ENDORSE MOUNTAIN VALLEY CUSTOMS (MVC) FOR ANY 4x4 MODIFICATIONS - PM ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS WHY!

(To those who wonder, I am NOT the club founder, this has been my screen name for over 10 yrs on all other forums and ironically this site is called "Military Jeepers"......contact miljeep for forum related questions)

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good to know that Smittybuilt really stands by their stuff, and congrats on scoring another win for Jeeps.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HillBillE View Post
    Good, hopefully they get the message! We all know that the 'bad things' in life spread like wildfire, and really hurts our sport.

He cracked a beer? Damn, I think I woulda left him there for the cops.

That's sweet that you pulled them out, those trucks are heavy enough, but when I rig is buried in the mud like that one is, the 'weight factor', goes up by 1 1/2 to 2 times.

Yeah, when he opened it I was just dumbfounded... AND found out after, hes only 20... so I was UBER pissed...

We were both going to leave him there after we got out, but couldnt just strand them... The other kid in the F series was there to help and got drug into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Military Jeeper View Post
    Congrats.....and thanks for taking care of other wheelers.
    Thanks, were all supposed to be a family.. including the retarded cousins that always do dumb shit
    -Mike

-Miss South Carolina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast