User Tag List

Thread: 2 for one swap and extra parts need to go

khork

Default 2 for one swap and extra parts need to go

i am putting a ford 8.8 in my 97 tj ( as much as i hate ford the make strong axles but everything else sux!!) with 4:10s i have a set of dana's , i have a 30 and a 35 with 3:07's ,i am willing to trade both for a front dana 30 with 4:10s , i figure it just would be easier to do that than swap gears in my front 30 , i have a stock steering gear w/ pitman arm , a 6" drop pitman arm , a brand new front track bar , factory tire carrier , factory ing coil , factory exhaust manifold , factory rear drive shaft , i have a transfer drop kit i used for a month , factory bottle jack and tire wrench , the dana 35 rear has all new brakes and the front has new pads both have synthetic gear oil in them On ANOTHER note i weld and cut steel , and i can repair just about anything on a jeep , and if i cant do it i got a guy , i am also starting to paint and do minor body work , so far i painted my jeep hood , it looks pretty good for my first time , well its a jeep not a ferrarri right? anyways i probably have more parts that i forgotten about , well let me know , later d.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If nothing else, search around for a stock 30 out of a 2.5l jeep.... should be 4.10 gears. I think in a few years they offered them in 3.73 though.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sill
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffb_79 View Post
    If nothing else, search around for a stock 30 out of a 2.5l jeep.... should be 4.10 gears. I think in a few years they offered them in 3.73 though.
    Keep the search for the ones with the 5spd.
    Also XJ's with the 2.5 and 5 spd

Back to 1 Jeep... for now rroadkilll's Avatar

Branch
    Coast Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Closest Installation

AIRSTA Elizabeth City
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking for the sway bar endlinks for the front.. maybe rear!

Do you have these?