Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thinking of buying Interco tires?... might want to wait

Denman Tire company makes Interco tires
    http://www.wytv.com/content/news/loc...x-ifvh66Q.cspx
    Denman Tire Workers Told Company Out of Money

While they didn't learn much about when or if they'll return to their jobs, Denman Tire employees were feeling a little more relaxed Thursday.

After being sent home from work at the Leavittsburg plant earlier this month, many of the more than 200 workers gathered Thursday night for a union meeting to learn why.

"The bank isn't giving them anymore money," worker Randy Rader said after the roughly two-hour meeting.

The workers were sent home in phases earlier this month and told not to return to work until further notice. Several said that at the time they were told the company didn't have the money to buy materials needed to produce tires.

Union officials would not comment at the Thursday meeting.

But workers said after the gathering they were told the bank that handles Denman's loans will not loan any more money to the company.

However, workers were told there are a handful of parties interested in buying the company.

"If they do, hopefully that will fix the problem," Rader said.

Employees said things are usually slow at the plant during this season, and they do lay-offs for short periods of time. What happened this time, they said, was unusual.

"This time they just individually stepped us out and told us there was nothing left in the plant," said Rader. "They ran all the tires they can run out, so the plant right now is empty of material and tires as far as I know."

A round of workers was just laid off in late 2009, said employees, months after company officials indicated financial problems due to declining demand for their product.

In March, company and union officials began seeking millions of dollars from the federal government to help, saying if they didn't get assistance, they would be forced to liquidate. They said the demand for their product had been declining.

The employees Thursday weren't given any kind of timeline for when or if they'd return to work. The employees don't believe their situations are due to any contract issues or wanted concessions. The contracts of Denman's union workers are up in July. They said they were recently presented a large concessions package, which would have included a large pay cut.

"We don't make a lot of money," Rader said. "Most of the people in here make about $16 or $17 an hour, and if they want us to take a $5 an hour pay cut we obviously can't do that."

Rader said the company is a good one to work for, and they'll remain optimistic they'll get called back.

"They pretty much told us we're out until further notice," Rader said. "To file for unemployment. We'll just keep waiting to see if they call."

The plant has been operating in Trumbull County more than 90 years.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1996 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well that explains why when I tried to order a set of TRXXUS MTs I was told they were on a nation wide back order.
    beer makes the world go around.... thats why it leans a little

Quote Originally Posted by trailsnail View Post
    Wow, I really like this thread, it's flaming retarded, lol.
    05 TJ, Red, auto
    D44 rear 30 front
    RC 4" X-series lift
    Tom Woods CV driveshaft
    AA SYE
    33" Mickey Thompson MTs

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 2014

Closest Installation

USAF Academy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Glad we ran up a few trillion dollars in debt to bail out the banks and help struggling companies

Non-MVC Supporter Military Jeeper's Avatar

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does a tire company like Interco go under? I mean seriously, they dominate the 4x4 industry with most customers?
    NOTE: I DO NOT ENDORSE MOUNTAIN VALLEY CUSTOMS (MVC) FOR ANY 4x4 MODIFICATIONS - PM ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS WHY!

(To those who wonder, I am NOT the club founder, this has been my screen name for over 10 yrs on all other forums and ironically this site is called "Military Jeepers"......contact miljeep for forum related questions)

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure but I am a huge fan of TRXXUS MTs...HUGE! Looks like I may have to go back to Toyo MT's...

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fifthpro View Post
    Looks like I may have to go back to Toyo MT's...
    That's what I run....
    NOTE: I DO NOT ENDORSE MOUNTAIN VALLEY CUSTOMS (MVC) FOR ANY 4x4 MODIFICATIONS - PM ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS WHY!

(To those who wonder, I am NOT the club founder, this has been my screen name for over 10 yrs on all other forums and ironically this site is called "Military Jeepers"......contact miljeep for forum related questions)

Color Blind Trail Guide TJ 4 the Boxers's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1989 to 1992

Closest Installation

Fort Dix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Military Jeeper View Post
    How does a tire company like Interco go under? I mean seriously, they dominate the 4x4 industry with most customers?
    New compition, ie Pitbull tires, Maxxis come to mind. Plus the know fact that their tire is known to be not the most round tire, one of mine took almost 12 oz of weight to balance.
    I'm bummed though, if they go under, cause I was going to get the same Trxxus MTs (just in 35's) when the time comes.
    '01 TJ 4 Banger--2" BB w/OME, 1.25 BL, 1" MML, 33" Trxxus, Disco's and Skids.

www.njjeep.org

If it's not a BOXER , it's just a DOG!

Rob

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Trxxus MT's might be safe for now. I can't find anything about Denman making those tires. It looks like Denman owns the rights to Ground hawgs, TSL, SX, Swamper, SSR, some Coker, some Dick Cepek, and some Dunlaps. Not sure what other tires they own the rights to, but that's what I've found so far.

I'd imagine if Interco loses all the tires Denman makes for them.... they'll be dropping pretty quick.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1988 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TJ 4 the Boxers View Post
    New compition, ie Pitbull tires, Maxxis come to mind. Plus the know fact that their tire is known to be not the most round tire, one of mine took almost 12 oz of weight to balance.
    I'm bummed though, if they go under, cause I was going to get the same Trxxus MTs (just in 35's) when the time comes.
    I got 5 that may be for sale if this is true!
    I will got back to running Toyo O/C MT's http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...en-Country.htm
    I have had pretty much the same results out of them as they rate them....still like the Trxxus MT one step better...

Austere Mobility in a '99 TJ Sport with a few bells and whistles

The bravest of all Spartans was Dienekes. It is said that on the eve of battle, he was told by a native of Trachis that “the Persian archers were so numerous that, when they fire their volleys, the mass of arrows will block out the sun.”

Dienekes, however, quite undaunted by this prospect, remarked with a laugh, “Good. Then we’ll fight in the shade!”

Non Vi Sed Arte

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1994 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Myer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fifthpro View Post
    I got 5 that may be for sale if this is true!
    I will got back to running Toyo O/C MT's http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...en-Country.htm
    I have had pretty much the same results out of them as they rate them....still like the Trxxus MT one step better...
    I've had my Toyo MT's for a couple years now but less than 1000 miles on them (don't ask, long story). Anyway, curious as to how your wear was on yours when you ran them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast