2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default stupid jeep

ok so i had a couple of people over tonight to help pull the engine. Jeepmudbogger came over and helped out a good bit and another guy i work with. anyway, finally got the flywheel cover off. that was a pain, then the flywheel bolts might as well have been welded to the flywheel but i got em. now so now all i had to do was hook up the hoist and pull the engine right? wrong. somehow the fuel line got in between the 2 ac lines from the compressor. i can't quite figure out how it happened but its gay so now i have to try to get the fuel line off. conventional means havent worked in the 5 minutes i put in to attempt it so i'll tackle that tomorrow.

2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Machete wielding woodsman 94GC52's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You need a fuel line tool to remove that fitting, otherwise you'll never get it off. Unless you hack it up, then you still need the fuel line tool to take the fitting off.
    Got Machete?

98 GC Special Edition 5.9l (build in progress) RE 4.5" SF Lift, Mickey Thompson 33" MTZ's, 15x10 ProComp 152's, ProtoFab Pre-Runner Winch Bumper, 10k winch, Np242 Tcase Swap...

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 94GC52 View Post
    You need a fuel line tool to remove that fitting, otherwise you'll never get it off. Unless you hack it up, then you still need the fuel line tool to take the fitting off.
    yeah, got one of those. used it heard a click and nothing happen. still cant get the line off. i dunno. am i doin something wrong?
    2004 Rubi, Poison Spyder Bumper with Trail Stinger. Warn M8000 winch, Rock Krawler X-factor long arm 4 inch lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s on Procomp 8 inch steelies, Tom Woods Driveshaft, Poison Syder Full Roll Cage, Tuff Designs rear bumper/Tire carrier, MetalCloak Arched Tube Fenders with 6 Inch Flares, Flowmaster Hushpower Muffler, Vanco Big Disk Brake upgrade, Line-X'd tub and cage.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1986 to 2008

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there si a spring in there that gets gimmed up, try and spray some wd40 type stuff in where the tool goes. Maybe blow it out with air if you have it then try again. I'm working on a Bronce that has those and one would not come off for any effort, finally the metal part of the line snapped in half so have to deal with that later.
    F'it, aint my Jeep!
    Beer does a Jeep Good

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eh.... just take a cutting torch to it

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffb_79 View Post
    eh.... just take a cutting torch to it

haha, yeah i see that working out really well. i actually took that approach with the lower radiator hose. couldnt get to the clamp to loosen it so i just took a knife to it. made things so much easier. haha

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what motor is that with the AC compressor on the drivers side? or what jeep is that on?

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 91YEEPER View Post
    what motor is that with the AC compressor on the drivers side? or what jeep is that on?
    dont even get me started on how gay it is that jeep moved the compressor to the bottom of the driver's side of the engine. its an 04 rubicon.

on top, usually

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2002 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afjeep View Post
    dont even get me started on how gay it is that jeep moved the compressor to the bottom of the driver's side of the engine. its an 04 rubicon.
    damn, replacing the motor on an 04 already? i thought i was hard on engines...

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Moody AFB
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 91YEEPER View Post
    damn, replacing the motor on an 04 already? i thought i was hard on engines...
    yeah well i bought it with 100,000 miles on it. what i didnt know is the person before me never changed the oil by the looks of all the sludge in it and it locked up all my lifters, and by the looks of one of the lifters wore down my cam pretty bad. so rather than try to clean out the engine, then rebuild it, im just replacing it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast