User Tag List

Thread: Fairfax Autobody/Farrish Jeep Affiliate?

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2001 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fairfax Autobody/Farrish Jeep Affiliate?

Ok, I got hit back in December 09, smushed the front passenger fender, bumper, shoved the hood and grill 1/4" +/- left...
    Got it in the shop after the adjusters looked it over (USAA, other driver's insurance), estimated two weeks for repair. Three weeks later "we waiting on a backorder of the fender flare", four weeks later "we got the flare, but it's OE type, sending it back for the correct one, this time with a pic of yours so they can see it's a 6" Zenon", five weeks later " still waiting on the flare". I drop by, and notice that the repainting of the hood, grill and fender are a completely lighter shade of blue. I'm not being a dick, it's a different color, if it was even close I'd probably be cool with it. Also no flare on pass side yet. So, I'm told they'll check on it, and two days later I call them again to see what's up, and hear that the QC guy thinks it's a fine match. I call USAA to let them know what's up with my Jeep at their rec'd shop and theres a no-go going on. They call in and then call me back saying that the shop now acknowledges there is a dicsrepancy in the colors and will "blend" the colors better. That was week six, week seven, I'm told the Jeep will be ready this Wednesday (yesterday) by a phone call by someone there I don't know, as well as by the adjuster/case/customer rep whose been my POC. It's thursday and there ain't no Jeep sittin' in my drive damnit. Compliments must be given to the guy who's my POC, he says he's a vet too, real friendly sort, good at the customer angle, and I like him, nice guy. That said, if something goes wrong, put it out there right away dude and call when you say you will call. Thanks y'all...maybe today will be my lucky day...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "What is life without honor? Degradation is worse than death!"
    -Thomas J."Stonewall" Jackson

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate Farrish.
    Never had any dealings with their auto body affiliates, but I'm pretty sure a team of untrained monkeys could sling shit at each other all day and still perform better service than their mechanics.
    My last jeep was in and out of their shop for over a year... I actually left it with them for almost 4 months straight while I was out of town. I come back, go to pick it up, and get the "we couldn't replicate the problem" line. I start it up and go to leave.... and the problems pretty freaking apparent. I leave it running, go grab the manager... and get an amazed "omg, we never heard that before". Yeah... FU. I ended up diagnosing the problem myself. Turned out to be an intake manifold gasket that was improperly installed. After talking to them about the past service history... yeah, they replaced the intake manifold gasket about a month before I purchased it.

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2001 to 2010

Closest Installation

Fort Belvoir
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's Home At Last Update

I got the call yesterday afternoon, and went to see if it was truly ready to go...they got the paint right this time, so they put the decals on and I took 'er home. January 11th to March 5th. Here's my complaint's after getting to really look 'er over today.

1) They broke one of the airbox mounting bolts off, and didn't try to fix it, just left it in the nut that is cast into the Volant box. There is another hard mount point to bolt the box to the fender that wasn't even used. That left the airbox loose and just held in place by the intake tube and the snorkel inlet.
    2) Some big scratches in the new paint, covered with touch-up.
    3) They didn't return the winch power cables to their previous secure location. They ran them under the grill, through the engine compartment to the battery. If I left them as they were, they could hit the fan as well as contact the alternator or the engine block.
    4) I know it needs to be road tested, but I took it in with over a 1/4 tank, and got it back running on fumes, really, it was almost completely empty. I've never seen the guage that low. I get at least sixty miles on a quarter tank, so who was f'n around in my Jeep during the snowstorms?

The folks I dealt with were very friendly, but the service is what I care about most, and they dropped the ball with me. I hope that I have no reason to go back there again. I don't think I'll even complain about the f'd up bolt stuck in the airbox or the other stuff, maybe to the insurance company...I'm just glad to have it back. Jeffb79, I'm sorry for your experiance, but dang glad mine didn't go that far!
    "What is life without honor? Degradation is worse than death!"
    -Thomas J."Stonewall" Jackson

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude, BBB or something. Sucks you got boned brother.