Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Soldier needs help/advice from San Antonio area

I'm crossing this over from Pirate4x4
    I sent Jeremy an email inviting him over here, unfortunately I don't know anything about shops in and around the San Antonio area, so if someone knows anything... shoot him an email.

Posting this for soldier that's a long way from home and needs a little help. Please send all replies to his email listed at the bottom of the thread. Thanks guys.

Ok, so you know I’m a CJ nut, and have been one for a while. I’m currently in Iraq and was going to do this when I returned, but wanted to see if I could get it done before I return so my 16 yo can help mom out by being able to drive herself back in forth to school (we have 4 kids and the wife works as well).To cut this down a bit, she asked if she could drive my 83 CJ until she got enough money together to by her own, fair enough. But need some final work done to make it a daily driver (that doesn’t require daily or weekly maintenance, cause it leaks everywhere from the rear axles)

I need the email of someone that re-gears axles in the San Antonio, I was going to get Thrash to do it, but I can’t find an email for them and will try calling them, but wanted to see if anyone here new of anyone that specializes with CJ gears in SA. The CJ has the stock Dana 30 widetrack in the front and AMC 20 widetrack in the rear

I will provide all parts for the build to include:

Dana 30 Carrier (3.08 and numerically higher)
    Dana 30 Master Install kit with bearings
    Dana 30 Ring and Pinon (4.11 ration)
    AMC 20 Carrier (3.08 and numerically higher)
    AMC 20 Yukon 1-piece Axles with full install kit
    AMC 20 locker (lunchbox type locker, probably lockright or aussie)

I need all the above installed, with “axles on” In other words, my wife drives it to where it needs to be, and drives it off when it is done.

Please let me know if anyone can help me out, please send me any info if you know someone or some shop that has the experience. Thanks in advance, Jeremy

[email protected]

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend can do it.. Im going to call him right now..
    -Mike

"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education like such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like, such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."
    -Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my friend said hell do the whole install for 700
    -Mike

"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education like such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like, such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."
    -Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFhockey31 View Post
    my friend said hell do the whole install for 700
    Do you want to shoot this Jeremy an email and pass on all the info for your friend?

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already did... I also have a second car that she can use while the work is getting done.. Darrin said it would take bout a day or two to get everything in and corrected.
    -Mike

-Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very awesome!
    I had a feeling someone here could come through for this guy.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive called bout every place in SA for gear installs cause im still deciding on the JK lol, so I have a few resources.. Just glad it was here and I could help out..
    -Mike

-Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2003 to 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very cool. if you can, i wanna hear the end result.
    "I offer neither pay, nor quarters, nor food; I offer only hunger, thirst, forced marches, battles and death. Let him who loves his country with his heart, and not merely with his lips, follow me."
    Giuseppe Garibaldi

Bet you don't love hockey like we do.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ****ing love this place.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep'nDoc View Post
    very cool. if you can, i wanna hear the end result.
    Just waiting to hear from him.. and your sig his HILARIOUS.. but we cant be friends come playoff time.. Im a Pens fan... btw, how many gold medals does Ovie have?
    -Mike

-Miss South Carolina

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast