2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default zj head light problem

so i start my zj tonight and the head lights wont turn on. the markers lights came on but i had to hit them lightly. didnt have time to check fuses or anything was in a slight rush so i got a ride home from girlfriends aunt. question is are the head lights and the marker lights on the same fuse or different ones. or could it be a short somewhere? if its a short how could i go about finding and fixing it
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

Experienced General Ass

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2002

Closest Installation

Fort Benning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most vehicle have different fuses for the lights. Head light have to go through a relay. try to flash your high beams and see it they come on. if high beams will come on then you know relay and wiring is good from high beam relay out. Put the high beams on and see if they will stay on for you. If they do then switch is working. problem with low beam side.

You had to hit the light to make them come on or switch. You can also check power at bulb and output at switch.. Does the instrument light come on. the high beam indicator will not show up if high beams are on unless switch is in on position. do some quick checking of indications and when what works and all then post more details about everything I have suggest and can narrow it down then.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1988 to 2008

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey check the simple stuff first. Bulbs...........I never thought both bulbs would burn out at the same time, but it happened.
    "An army of asses lead by a lion is far better than an army of lions lead by an ass."

'98 ZJ, 4.0L, NP242, 4.5" RE Coils, JKS Control Arms, JKS Adj.Tracbars, RE Monotube Shocks w BPE's, JKS Quicker Discoz, S/S Braid'd brake lines, Doug Thorley Header, T/B Spacer, K&N Drop-in,2.5" Pipes & High Flow Cat, Dynomax Welded Muffler, 32x11.50 BFG MT KM2's on 15x8 Blk Rock Steelies and various Mfgs decals for added H/P.........

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the high beam thing worked. I put them on the stayed on then switched to low beams and wa la they are on and have worked since
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

Experienced General Ass

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2002

Closest Installation

Fort Benning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, I guess you just had a bad connection or some grimlin. Don't worry about why they work just be glad they work.
    GET ER UNDONE