Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cutter Dealership Hawaii

If any of you ever PCS to Hawaii, I have heard nothing good about Cutter nor have I had good experiences with them. They overcharge you on labor $100/hour and will definitely try to not honor your warranty. Theyll blame the fact that they cant diagnose a problem due to your "aftermarket parts" which has nothing to do with it. Their mechanics are not knowledgeable at all. Youre better off getting your repairs done in sketchy third world country Wahiawa.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM CUTTER DEALERSHIPS.

They almost own a Monopoly on Island, but there is the Windward Jeep on the Windward side in K-Bay near those dang Marines, and Ive heard good things about them and will be taking my Jeep to them under warranty.

Again, DO NOT BUY FROM CUTTER DEALERSHIPS

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats wrong with your jeep?
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/PE...43356_jeep.pdf
    http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...lletin-xxxxxxx

I found out what the grinding in my reverse was, I can pay someone here about $1500+ to rebuild it or they can just fix it. The mechanic was an idiot too, said he couldnt hear the problems due to my "aftermarket suspension" He didnt know squat, name was Andy too.

I didnt have the Technical service Bulletin like above at the time but he tried telling me it was the clutch and quote me a possibly $350 to simply look at it. I told him hell no, you should look at it under warranty. And I didnt feel like pushing the issue so I left and am now going to try another dealership. Ive already steered one Private away from buying from a Cutter Jeep, im going to steer away everyone I can, ive heard nothing good from anyone else about them.
    Last edited by Terrible2; 03-24-2010 at 03:16.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2009 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well to add on here,

If anyone is ever PCSed to Hawaii, either dont bring your Jeep or dont expect to get covered under warranty as all 3 Dealerships (2 Cutter, 1 Windward) will look at your lift and blame any trouble on that. So if you do come here, bring your Jeep, and am still under warranty I would recommend you either take the lift and any aftermarket part off, or get it fixed before you arrive here. Windward Dodge Jeep Chrysler will be your best bet to get it covered if you want to take the chance but theyre in Kaneohe, never go to Cutter to get anything fixed or to buy a Jeep.

Also just so you all know, there really arent trails here and if you plan on modifying your vehicle, buy it all and ship it with your HHG, things are far more expensive here for same parts back on the mainland.

Id love this island if it werent for the frustrations on my Jeep, but the lack of selection and high prices is the price of paradise = )

texast

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1974 to 1994

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey bra,
    turn them into the legal office if you think they are a crap dealership. I had a problem at a Chevy dealership when stationed in Utah and told the sales rep. and owner what i was going to do and they had no problem changing their minds and fixing my blazer at that time.

texast

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1974 to 1994

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agrue with you. i was there for six years in the air force and loved it. i used to go the bellows and ride around on the beach and if you go across the old runway there is a trail there that is fun to climb so you can see out across the island.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1993 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a good trail to go to on Oahu got towards the north shore and when in Haliewa start going towards the west side there is a trail that used to connect the north and west shores but is actually no longer connecting but still should be some fun to drive. The trail is really rough. I lived there almost 9 yrs including high school.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Hickam AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this thread is several years old but I just wanted to reiterate what was said about Cutter. I bought my first Wrangler from Cutter when I arrived on the island about a month ago. It was the first time I ever really got the "used car salesman" treatment. The majority of their vehicles on not kept on the lot. So every time I told them what I wanted, they would come back with something different than what I asked for. When I finally insisted on walking through their separate lot myself, I found the vehicle that I had been looking for. By the time we returned to the dealership, the price had already gone up by over $3,000 from what their website had shown it as. After another couple of hours of negotiating and waiting for them to un-screw themselves we settled on a price. But at that point it was around 9:30 at night and my 3 year old who was with me, was done and was throwing a fit. When I told the sales reps that I needed to take my daughter home and come back first thing in the morning, they got mad and started rolling their eyes and raising their voices with me and actually tried to guilt my wife into having us stay until the sale was done. These people are out of control! We left and I did eventually go back to buy the vehicle a couple of days later. Since buying the vehicle I have not received the registration paperwork, the screwed up my order and tried to put on the plastic step boards instead of the metal steps that I ordered (wife is very short and she insisted), and I had to take the vehicle back to have the roof repainted because when I got home with the vehicle, I noticed that they had scratched the Freedom top and panels all up (ON A NEW CAR!).

Bottom line: DON"T BUY FROM CUTTER DEALERSHIPS IN HAWAII!!! It will be cheaper and easier to buy a vehicle on the mainland and pay the extra money if needed to have it shipped.