2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Man down

Never thought mall crawlin could be so dangerous.

Was driving through the parking lot and some idiot came flying past me and I had to jump a curb. Heard a loud pop and didnt think anything of it.

Started driving home and it was real lose in the steering so I gave it a little jerk in the wheel and

Pulled over cause I knew my sway bar became disconnected. Well what I saw was much worse.

It seems I sheared the bolt completely and actually bent the bracket holding the swaybar link in place.

I was going to heat it up and bend it back in place, but I dont want to take something thats already weak and make it weaker by doing this, so I broke down and called up Geico.

Was talking to them and if they have to replace the axle, which they probably will, they will probably let me pay out of pocket for a 44 for the front as difference .

Well see what happens, but im not going to hope too much.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Mike

"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education like such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like, such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."
    -Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn man. did you get some rounds downrange at the tard? haha

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was pissed, but didnt think something like THAT happened. ... I just let it go.

Its pisses me off but it MAY work out better in the end anyway. I just hope theyre not going to try and bend that bracket back to place and call it a day.
    -Mike

"I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps, and I believe that our education like such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like, such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., or should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for our children."
    -Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they did that I'd take a rag to protect the surface of the metal and break it off myself.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha... Ive stressed many times to the rep on the phone that I dont want it heated up and bent.

Unfort, I dont know of any other way to fix it than a complete replacement. I leave in 3 weeks so I cant afford it to take a long time.
    -Mike

-Miss South Carolina

Whiskey Tango Fox-Trot! Scottie's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Drum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mall carnage... sweet!
    Scottie
    To my fellow Veterans that served and protected our country thank you. To those who live on our shores and continue to disrespect our history... leave.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1995 to 2013

Closest Installation

Fort Drum
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My experience with the Gecko is that they will do the cheapest possible fix in the shortest amount of time. Be prepared for a fight if you want it done right!
    Just because the road stops doesn't mean you have to!

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ravengp View Post
    My experience with the Gecko is that they will do the cheapest possible fix in the shortest amount of time. Be prepared for a fight if you want it done right!
    Ive priced out a D44 with elockers and 4.10's and it comes to 2500, but the guy said hed give me 20% off so that drops it down to 2ish.

A new 30 runs me 1600 without anything. So ill GLADLY pay the extra 400 for all of that..

I already told all of this to the lady on the phone so she said it probably wont be a problem.. Itll be the same amount of work

So keep your fingers crossed
    -Mike

-Miss South Carolina

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Peterson AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
    I am officially a Huge Steeler's Fan!
    97 ZJ Murdered Out! (SOLD ), 5.5" Clayton L/A's front and rear, 242 swap, HP30 & 8.8 w/ 4.88's & Eaton ELocker's F/R, 35" Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar.

Grand Cherokee Owners
    http://www.militaryjeepers.com/commu...php?groupid=44

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)