1995 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Lee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rough Country

ok so i bought my lift and some wheel spacers, track bar adj, and dicos's from them in october, the track bar and discos never came and one of the wheel spacer studs snapped off the first time i tried to take the wheel off! they claimed that they shipped everything and that since it was delivered to an APO that it was unable to be tracked! i gave them the benifit of the doubt and re-ordered the discos and one wheel spacer since they didnt offer to replace the defective one and once again i got half my order!!!! they claim the same excuse....funny every other company i order from gets it right everytime....done with RC
    " if you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you are reading it in English, thank a Soldier"

I READ TODD DID

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Andrews AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that sucks. I ordered some stuff from them and had some problems with the powder coating/ how they shipped their items---They looked beat up.

Long story short--we went back and forth and they refunded half the cost so I could get it re-powdered. I dealt with Jeffrey.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1984 to 1988

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sorry for your troubles...

About a month ago, I had ordered a 1.25" body lift and roughly a week later it went on sale. So, I figured i'd call their sales manager and see if he could do anything for me. (most good companies will give you the discount if you had bought their product w/in a week or two of the sale).

I explained to him that my entire lift set up, as well as some other stuff is from RC. And would appreciate it if he could help a loyal customer out.

Long story short...The sales manager said to me that "I was pissing him off" and then hung up.

Well, Jimmie (a Rough Country Rep on another forum I belong to) got wind of my plight and was VERY APOLOGETIC. He gave me the discount (credited my card) and told me to call him whenever I needed something. Very cool guy!!

Anyway, here's his # 1-800-222-7023 EXT 129 Again, his name is Jimmie.

Maybe he can help with your problem.???

And if you've already talked to him...Sorry.
    Last edited by ynkedad; 03-29-2010 at 10:49.
    I freakin' Love my Jeep!!

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Little Rock AFB
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered a lift from them on Mar end and it still hasn't even been shipped! They say it should be shipped by friday, and if it isn't I am going to cancel my order and go somewhere else!
    "Dignity, Reverence, Respect"
    ------------------------------------------

2011 JKU SPORT

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Barksdale AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordered bumper caps for the JK and a sticker online from them. Never recieved a email or status, called about 2 weeks later to be told they were backordered and would ship in about 2 weeks, 2 weeks later told they would ship around the 1st week in sept. Here it is almost Oct and I was told they would ship today Sept 28. Not once did I get an email or even a sorry about the delay. I will not order directly from them again and if I didn't want the damn caps so bad I would have cancelled my order.
    They need better customer service. I have the 4" JK lift and dual stabilizer from them and am happy with the products, their service just sucks.

Dale

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't order from RC if someone paid me to. I've helped replace to many lifts that sagged, some within a 2 months!

Both coils and leaves. Just ask Rock Krawler why they don't source springs from RC anymore.

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Barksdale AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my stuff didn't ship yesteday, this is a copy of the chat I had with their customer support. We will see if it actually ships.

[Rusty] Can I help you?
    [Visitor] checking on order # XXXXXX, I was told it would ship yesterday, has it shipped and if so is there a tracking number?
    [Rusty] one secd
    [Rusty] no sir it wont ship till tomorrow that is when the caps are coming in and we will ship tomorrow
    [Visitor] Is that for sure, because that is same thing I was told yesterday, and last week when I called.
    [Rusty] yes sir for sure
    [Visitor] Okay, thanks.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2003 to Present

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if not, cancel order

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Barksdale AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bad thing is they are the only ones that I have found that make the end caps for the JK bumper andI have already cut my bumper to fit the part. So they kind of have me by the balls. I will however shake my fist angrily at them.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Barksdale AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update..

Called Rough Country today (1Oct) and was told that they wouldn't ship until 6 Oct. This was the last straw and I cancelled my order and will just order another bumper from somewhere else, probably Rancho.

I will never order a single part from Rough Country nor will I support anything they do, their customer service is horrible, not once did anyone try and make it right by offering my any type of discount or free shipping, hell I would have taken a free t-shirt.

Rough Country...you are dead to me and as soon as I have enough cash I will sell your lift kit and stabalizers and never buy a single thing from your company again.

Dale