Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Updated: July 3rd Poker Run El Paso tx

Alright time to update this post:

The event is scheduled for July 3rd (saturday) and will consist of an easy to moderate trail ride (majority on the easy side) and food and drinks afterwards. Prize support is still in the works, however it is coming along.

-Prize will be handed out for Best Hand and Worst Hand, there will also be raffle tickets available for other smaller prizes.
    -All participants will have to sign a waiver in order to come and play, as even though nothing should happen, there is always the chance, and all parties involved must be protected and absolved of any liabilty.
    -Entry fee is $10.00 and covers the driver. However a hand may be bought for each passenger in the vehicle for $10.00 a piece.

Times:
    -0830 meet up at Lowes parking lot on montana ave, right off of US 375
    -0900 Move to start point for registration, waiver signing, and safety brief
    -1000 Start Trail Ride
    -1400 End Trail Ride
    -1630 Hand out prizes
    -1900 Pack up and head home

Now these time are all slightly subject to change, mostly just the ones for after the trail ride. Now just because the event is over does not mean that every one has to leave, nor does it mean that the wheeling has to stop.

However, I must ask, that every one who is coming bring out a small trash bag, in order to take all of your trash with you and to not trash the place any more than the local hooligans do, and if the participants want we may even try to clean up around our area some of the stuff that was already there...

That is really about it, very simple I know, but I figure that the simpler it is the less that can possibly go wrong.

I look forward to seeing many of you out there for a great day of wheeling and helping a great cause. If you have any questions, Ideas, or you want to help feel free to get in touch with me as my contact info if located below.

Regards,
    -Joe Walker

My email is: [email protected]
    and if they feel so inclined they can call at 540-392-6513 and if i don't answer just leave a message.
    Last edited by 93ZJ-Walks; 04-15-2010 at 04:26.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1980 to 1981

Closest Installation

McGuire AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe,
    Lets get a little time on the clock before we say "you have yet to be contacted by some one from WFTW" you just PM`ed me less than 24 hours before you posted this....

Yesterday, 03:40
    93ZJ-Walks

Branch: Army
    Served: 2006 to Present Job: 74d

WFTW, pelase read
    Hello, how is it going? I and new to this whole thing (mil jeepers) but I am already in love, and when I saw this (WFTW) i knew that it was something that i had to get involved with.

I was wondering how I would go about setting up a poker run, or maybe something fairly simliar down here in el paso tx, at ft bliss.

If you could get back to me that would be great, email is [email protected]

and my phone is 540-392-6513, I am really interested in helping with this and maybe bringing alot of life into this program. if you can get back to me in the next couple of days then perhaps we can start working on something for maybe july, perhaps even a july 4th poker run.

Thanks in advance,
    -Joe Walker

So we already have one Tx. event in San Antonio, and could probably use another and actually 2 years ago one was planned for another location in Tx.and TTORA was involved among others, and I think its a great idea.
    You may want to get some insight from Richard Cruz or Jerry or anyone else on Richards team at www.wftw-sa.org .
    I called you and left my number.
    JP

NEVER FORGET
    olllo
    Semper Fidelis

"THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING". ...... EDMUND BURKE.....

PS3 gamer tag- jeepinjp/clan tag- MJ COD:MW2

WFTW http://www.wheelersforthewounded.org/
    WFTWNJ http://wheelersforthewoundednj.org
    NJJC http://www.northjerseyjeepclub.org/
    NOHVCC http://www.nohvcc.org
    BRC http://www.sharetrails.org/ B.O.D. 2009 V.P. 2011-2013 Pres. 2013-2015

I work hard because millions on welfare depend on me....

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: ) sorry jeepinjp, I didnt realize it was that short hit me up with a pm and we can talk about it, because I know that either you guys or wounded warrior are the the two that i am looking at.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright it has been decided the poker runs proceeds will be going to wheelers for the wounded and the plan may be to turn the fundraisers into an eventual main event for the wheelers for the wounded, however that is still up in the air and will depend on the turn out for the fundraiser

I look forward to seeing any who can make it out, also if you are in my area and are interested in helping me to put this together then please send me a PM, an email or simply call or txt me.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PM sent. Let me know what I can do to help and I will try to get some involvment from the Jeepers here
    06 LJ | 4.0L | NSG-370 | D44/D30 w/4.88's | 4.5" RE Superflex lift | 35-12.50-15 Cooper STT's on 15x10 Cragan steelies | RockKrawler X-Factor steering | Shrockworks sliders | DirtWorx bumper/tire carrier | LockRite auto locker | Midland CB w/4 ft Firefly antenna | SOLID rear diff cover | DIY thumb throttle | 750w power inverter | Smittybilt XRC8 winch ...and GROWING

http://wheelersforthewounded.org
    http://www.mississippivalleyjeepers.com

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I hit up Red Sands today nad did some exploring. Lot of dirtbikes out today and I wasn't familiar with the area. We need to meet up in the near future and do some mapping out of the trails we want to run. I'm sure there is a lot more than I saw today, and you said there was some more difficult and technical stuff that I'm sure I didn't find and would like to before the event.

We need to figure out who is going to be the trial bosses for the different runs nad how many groups we want to run. Let me know what weekends work for you and we'll make a plan.
    06 LJ | 4.0L | NSG-370 | D44/D30 w/4.88's | 4.5" RE Superflex lift | 35-12.50-15 Cooper STT's on 15x10 Cragan steelies | RockKrawler X-Factor steering | Shrockworks sliders | DirtWorx bumper/tire carrier | LockRite auto locker | Midland CB w/4 ft Firefly antenna | SOLID rear diff cover | DIY thumb throttle | 750w power inverter | Smittybilt XRC8 winch ...and GROWING

http://wheelersforthewounded.org
    http://www.mississippivalleyjeepers.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

: ) cool yea we will set up a time, I am thinking this weekend coming on saturday, I am busy right now though with my baby still being on the way, but this weekend should be good, cuz i know that a couple of friends want to come over and hang out with my wife so this will give me a day to get away : )

So what do you think about saturday earlyish in the morning.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright every one, I posted the event onto facebook for any one who has a facebook that is interested to RSVP to... Here is the link.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...13886318629510

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump : ) Just to remind every one : )

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bliss
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep, it is still here and still happening, just wanted to remind every one as it is getting closer