User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best place/prices on mopar parts?

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best place/prices on mopar parts?

Soo,..I forgot about my re-up bonus and how I get a little chuck of it every year,..and just got an extra 2500 in the bank. I'm thinking it's time to oder the JK Rubicon axles now. Anyone know the best place and price to order from?

Thanks

dave

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1990 to 1993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this seems to be an urban myth..I have read the write ups and know peep that want to buy them but the dealers crap them around...yet to see them in person

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1995 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Drum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

might be cheaper if you go to a pull-it yard find the axles you want rebuild them and put them on. If you're looking for rubi axles you might be able to find a totaled rubi or two and get them.

I would just take that extra cash find a couple of 1 tons or D44's rebuild them weld the brackets and what not on them and be done with it.
    `89 YJ 33's 4" lift, High-lined front and rear "The Mistress"
    ** NOTE TO SELF** it is illegal to stab stupid people in the eye with a pencil

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I just called a local Jeep dealer, and they confirmed that there are 7 axles in a WI wearhouse. And, he said they wouyld sell the axle to me for 2850, which is 200 cheaper than list. There's a guy who has them in NC for 2500 on ebay, but after gas to drive out there I may end up better off ordering it here.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, to those near the St.Louis area. If your a member of Mid West Jeep Thing, you get 25% off at Allstar Jeep (parts)

http://allstarsuperstore.com/default.aspx

Can't really beat that.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Elmendorf AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are set on the Mopar axels, there was just an article in JP that I read where they did a bolt in axle swap with the new JK D44 axels. They ordered them from Dynatrac (authorized Mopar dealer) and they came with all the bracketry, and if you upgrade to the trail series, you pick the gears and the diff cover is upgraded. May be worth looking into
    06 LJ | 4.0L | NSG-370 | D44/D30 w/4.88's | 4.5" RE Superflex lift | 35-12.50-15 Cooper STT's on 15x10 Cragan steelies | RockKrawler X-Factor steering | Shrockworks sliders | DirtWorx bumper/tire carrier | LockRite auto locker | Midland CB w/4 ft Firefly antenna | SOLID rear diff cover | DIY thumb throttle | 750w power inverter | Smittybilt XRC8 winch ...and GROWING

http://wheelersforthewounded.org
    http://www.mississippivalleyjeepers.com

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet, I'll check it out. Thanks for looking out guys.

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1978 to 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you need anything picked up or checked on up here in Cheese country - let me know.
    Old enough to know better, too young to quit!

darwinism at its best irish1371's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was browsing the parts catalogs and saw that G2 has partnered with dynatrac for a pro-lite 44 axle you may want to look at 2800 from 2300-2500 rear with 35 spline option and arbs
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan
    Army vs Marines = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by irish1371 View Post
    was browsing the parts catalogs and saw that G2 has partnered with dynatrac for a pro-lite 44 axle you may want to look at 2800 from 2300-2500 rear with 35 spline option and arbs

Really? Where did you see this? I've checked G2's website, and only saw the axles for the TJ's.

I was getting ready to order a Mopar Rubicon axle later this week, but then I called AxleBoy in St. Louis. Ha-ha, they talked me out of it. First off, if i got it and had to brace/gusset it, then re-gear both axles (front and rear) for the 35's, they were going to charge me 1700 for the regear!! I was like damn, the parts are only 550!! So, after that the guy got telling a bit about Dynatrac's, so i called them. They will build my one of their new Pro Rock 44's, with factory Rubi internals, and any gear ration I want, cheaper than the cost of buying the Mopar axle, bracing it and re-gearing it.

Just talking myself in to spending it all at once now. I was going to buy the axle, brace it when i got the cash, re-gear when i got a lil more,..etc... But, if i order the Dynatrac, it's pretty much paying for it all up front. Think i may order it, buy the gears for the rear, and regear the rear on my own. I've done it a few times, and it's not to bad. I'll just have to wait a bit to afford the 35's,...or maybe 37's if I get frisky. (DynaTrac warrenties that axle up to 37's) haha
    2008 JK Unlimited~ 4" Teraflex lift, 35" BFG KM2's, Dynatrac ProRock 44 e-locked, 5.13's, JKS QD's, JKS F&R Trackbars, MM 9500 winch, Rockhard 4x4 Full Skid System, AEV snorkel, SS brakelines,...and it goes on, and on, and on,..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast