2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trailer and Lift Blocks

I ordered a 40"x48" trailer from Northern Tool the other day and it's at the house. I haven't seen the trailer yet so I'm asking because I'm just not sure. Down the road I *might* have an interest in putting a little lift under the trailer. Also, the axle upgrade has a 5x4.5 lug pattern so I could put some sort of Jeep wheels and tires on it for dragging it out to the campsite. Do you think I could use lift blocks to give it some height?

darwinism at its best irish1371's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blocks would work.

I can't tell from the pic but a shackle lift may be the easy route, if the rear would accept it

btw green how much did the whole bill come to for you with the axle upgrade and shipping? if you dont mind sharing?
    Last edited by irish1371; 04-09-2010 at 23:41. Reason: because i dam well felt like it
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan
    Army vs Marines = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. Didn't think about a shackle lift. I don't know how wide the springs are though. May have to have someone fab up some shackles for me. Might do the shackle lift and blocks though. I would like to put 31s on the trailer to give it plenty of ground clearance.

Trailer was $170 (on sale), shipping to NY was about $71, so $240 and some change. I did sign up for some program they have though that gets you 50 lbs worth of free shipping ($29 value) for all purchases, lots of coupons and special members prices. That was $39, so take $29 off the shipping and add the $39 for the members deal it was $250 and some change. Only reason I did that was to make the axle a cheap worthwhile purchase later in the summer. Combined with the $100 off coupon she said I get and $29 worth of free shipping, that axle won't cost me hardly a thing. I don't see myself renewing next year either. Just need the trailer and axle.