Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A FSJ Build

I have a 1982 Jeep Wagoneer Limited that needs a little TLC. I figured what better way to show support than to cut, chop, build and upgrade.
    Here are some pics of when I first got her.

After looking at it for a while I realized that the grill was purple... I'm not a big fan of purple! So, I decided it was time for a face lift. A local guy burned me out some plates and we made a custom grill.

After I installed everything... My extra Razor grills were calling to be put back on a rig and the more I looked at them the more I liked them. SOooo, lets start on face lift number 2 using what I have below...

In the middle of the 2nd face lift, she seemed a little flat on the top so after looking at another thread I decided to make a cowl hood.

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

diggin the grill someone has a CNC Plasma Table huh?
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are a couple of pics with the hood on my Wag.

In this last picture you can see cheek lift (WT Fenders)

Well, after the brow, face and cheek lift she needed a haircut... Something along the lines of G.I. Jane.

And now, I am repairing, removing and replacing the rusted out panels, floor boards etc. As you can see the tailgate lips sits a little high... this wll be cut flush keeping the body lines somewhat smooth... (I can't cut straight)... lol
    Last edited by JeepMods; 04-23-2010 at 10:49.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    diggin the grill someone has a CNC Plasma Table huh?
    Yes sir, He builds anything you can imagine for Offroad vehicles, He's also retired Army... and one of the coolest cats that I have ever met.

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little background on the goodies that I have tossed into her.
    I have an AMC 360 that has been worked a little... Bored .030" (4.110") Ross 10:1 Forged Race pistons with Moly rings, Scat forged H-Beam Rods, the crank has been turned 10/10, the block has been decked, heads shaved .042" along with a little port & polish and gasket match, I'm running a comp cams 280h magnum cam, Harland Sharp 1.7:1 Roller Rockers, 3 angle vlv job, edelbrock intake, Holley 670 carb, I installed the internal oiling mod (supplying more oil to the rear mains). One peice hardened pushrods, I have a 6al ignition module, High Energy E-coil, and probillet Distributor (which is currently on the shelf for repair ) so I am running a stock Dist with the MSD cap-a-adapt which will be fine up to 5500-6000 rpms. 7.5 quart bulltear oilpan, competition headers, and a sweet set of AMC legend valve covers from Bulltear.

I'm running a self built/machined TH350...

Once I got the tranny reassembled, painted and the adapter installed I said, wait... this $h!t is only going to get muddy so I scuffed it up and painted it black and installed the FORD NP205... (Now I wish I hadn't)

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recap:
    AMC 360, Novak Adapter, GM TH350, AA Adapter, Ford NP205... Yeah.... she's a little confused and it only gets worse.
    I have a Ford Hp reverse cut D60 that I have cut down 5 1/2" (longside) and FF 14bolt that is being worked to go under her. I have also removed my stock driverside gas-tank (19 gallons) and tossed under a 79 Bronco 33 gallon gas tank.

This is a before pic...

This is an after pic. I cleaned it up and replaced almost everything...

I'll have to snap new shots of the axle shortened...

In this pic below... is what I sold (I wish I hadn't).

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dang, I forgot to mention my plans....

Install the 1 tons, SOA in the front, 4" springs in the rear (to even her out after the SOA in the front), 39" - 42" swampers, full rollcage, full bikini top, winch, rear funder and run her like I stole it!

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1986 to 1992

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very badass build....Love what i see so far....I`m stalled right now on my build-nice frame and tube work on the jeeps.
    Last edited by deckster; 04-24-2010 at 00:52.
    Go Navy!!

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1986 to 1992

Closest Installation

MCB Quantico
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Jeepmod-waggy build

I was thinking,One of the first things I did when I started on my build.I dont know If you considered it,I went and invested and installed my self-A new wiring harness for my build.......The worst thing I could think of would be to pour $1000`s of Dollars into a rig,and have a wiring short catch a freshly completed project on fire!I found an outfit called "Hot Rod wires"out of Garland,Texas and bought their 18 circuit wiring harness."Painless"was way too expensive(about $200 more)and Hot Rod wires were built with heavier guage wires on the distribution circuits and charging circuits!Wagoneers are notorious for crapped out wiring harnesses....These trucks take a beating when they were purchased new and wiring harnesses were never designed to last past 10-15years.Just a little food for thought...My wiring harness was the best investment i made once i had it installed all my guages in my dash worked like brand new and I could eliminate interrior lamps from causing potential problems down the road and I also have added circuits for system upgrades later on down the road....Deckster
    Last edited by deckster; 04-24-2010 at 06:17.
    Go Navy!!

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deckster View Post
    I was thinking,One of the first things I did when I started on my build.I dont know If you considered it,I went and invested and installed my self-A new wiring harness for my build.......The worst thing I could think of would be to pour $1000`s of Dollars into a rig,and have a wiring short catch a freshly completed project on fire!I found an outfit called "Hot Rod wires"out of Garland,Texas and bought their 18 circuit wiring harness."Painless"was way too expensive(about $200 more)and Hot Rod wires were built with heavier guage wires on the distribution circuits and charging circuits!Wagoneers are notorious for crapped out wiring harnesses....These trucks take a beating when they were purchased new and wiring harnesses were never designed to last past 10-15years.Just a little food for thought...My wiring harness was the best investment i made once i had it installed all my guages in my dash worked like brand new and I could eliminate interrior lamps from causing potential problems down the road and I also have added circuits for system upgrades later on down the road....Deckster

How much was the harness, I am having issues with my harness... brakes worked now they don't, the blinkers worked, now they don't lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast