2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Portsmouth NS
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default quick update.

Cleaned out the body pan under the driver's side seat and sprayed with bed liner. Painted the hardtop (mostly) and put it back on.

Also, I messed around with cutting back the fender flares to just-legal-enough size.

I'm thinking now that I'm going to have the bodywork around the rust holes done professionally (welded) and then bondo it out myself. I'm not too worried about it looking GOOD- I just want it to hold up.
    2001-2007 Active USAF
    2007-2009 Enlisted ME ARNG
    152 CRC Maine ARNG

MilitaryJeepers - the one website that considers NY state part of New England.

GO ARMY

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1990 to 1993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good idea on replacing bad sheet metal. I would avoid bondo tho. If the welds are ground down correctly it wont be too ugly. Just paint and keep an eye if rust pops treat and repaint. If hidden under bed liner,bondo and such it just might be growing where you cant see untill you have a hole. Just my opinion tho

My toys haul themselves. Sandbagger's Avatar

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2001 to Present

Closest Installation

Portsmouth NS
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
    Good idea on replacing bad sheet metal. I would avoid bondo tho. If the welds are ground down correctly it wont be too ugly. Just paint and keep an eye if rust pops treat and repaint. If hidden under bed liner,bondo and such it just might be growing where you cant see untill you have a hole. Just my opinion tho
    I have bolt holes along the side where the running board used to be attached. Shouldn't I use bondo or something on these? I was thinking about plastic gap fillers too.
    2001-2007 Active USAF
    2007-2009 Enlisted ME ARNG
    152 CRC Maine ARNG

MilitaryJeepers - the one website that considers NY state part of New England.

GO ARMY