1993 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trail Report from Camp MJ 2010

looks like I might be the first to post up about the Turn out for Camp MJ. I will have to say it was a blast we had a great turn out. counting all the rigs that were in the pic at the end of Saturday's wheeling we had 34 rigs and even more member there. We broke up into 5 groups and I only have info about group 2 since that is the group I road with. Tom thanks again for letting me ride Shotty with you. ok I am terrible with names so I am just going to talk about rigs. lol First obstical we hit was an up and over hill and both the JK's that were in the group highcentered and had to be helped over. but after the first obstical no more trail assistance was needed that I saw in our group. we hit a bunch of trails mostly Green with some blues throne in here and there. We has one problem on a little hump in the trail the white TJ had a Stearing issue (i.e. the stearing wheel didn't want to stay attached to the Jeep) After fixing that little hicup we kept moving and while rolling some of the blues and greens we had an option to run one or two Blacks as well. Now I am not sure about you but If I have a Grand Cherekee with a 6 in Long arm lift and 33in Tires with a locker in the rear I would NEVER let a TJ with Open/Open and only a little bitty budget boost show me up on the trail. Well we had that issue in our little group. The Grand was given the option on two BLack trails and he opted for the bypass (No-Balls was sceered) Well next came the TJ and with a good spotter and some patience made it 100% through with NO (I repeat WITH NO) Damage.

Then we went back to the camp took the MJ photo and moved back to the tents. with the Rain starting to come down Most hopped in thier rigs and started for the nearest Hotel. Some who had to work on Sunday or had otherthings to do had to roll out and get on the road. However all in all it was a GREAT day of Wheeling and I have to say I am really going to find a way to come out to the third annual Camp MJ. I think the next one should be in North Carolina like Uwharrie or something like that. but that is just my opinion.

Warthog, Thanks for setting this up and dealing with all the BS that comes with setting up events like this. To all the Vendors that donated the raffle prizes thanks from the whole group at MJ. Big thanks to Mountain Vally Customs for the bumpers and the other Large Items that were donated.

It was great to meet everyone and I hope to wheel with ya'll again.

Pics will be up by Morning at my photobucket page just follow the link below:

http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n...%20Apr%202010/

Last edited by Jeeper4life; 04-25-2010 at 10:02.
    04 Rubi 5.5in RELA 35" Rubber, lots more too much to list.
    http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n...rdflaxing3.jpghttp://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n...rdflaxing4.jpg

If you can not stand behind our Troops.
    PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them!

This "INFIDEL" shoots back!!!!!

Jeepers Creepers! Crompton's TJ's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Knox
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will not confirm or deny that I own a white TJ with steering wheel mounting issues (or locked calipers on the initial attempt up) but I can't believe that the Grand Cherokee had no balls, oh wait, he doesn't have any balls......

But all in all, for my first time 4x4ing, I must say that I was pretty stoked about the whole day. Minor dings, scuffs, and a busted license plate won't deter me from doing it again, and coming to more Camp MJs.

Thanks to all the awesome spotters and mechanics there helping out!
    1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4banger
    31" tires, 2" Skyjacker BB
    Olympic 4x4 front and rear bumpers

Str8outtaCROMP on XboX Live - Add or Die!

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was this grand cherokee gold in color?

Jeepers Creepers! Crompton's TJ's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Knox
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffb_79 View Post
    Was this grand cherokee gold in color?
    maybe just maybe.... I'll fill you in on a little secret. Apparently his callsign on the CB for the convoy up was "Flaccid Mangina"
    1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4banger
    31" tires, 2" Skyjacker BB
    Olympic 4x4 front and rear bumpers

Str8outtaCROMP on XboX Live - Add or Die!

Experienced General Ass

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1998 to 2002

Closest Installation

Fort Benning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say that the driver of the little bitty TJ that went through the black rock gardens was me and Jeep belongs to Just1635. I only drove for a little while after lunch. Justin had no problem taking his jeep to the limit. We wanted to try different more challenging trails. Justin made a suggestion that someone should go down a nice black trail and did not realize that it would be his jeep doing it. With an awesome and I mean AWESOME SPOTTER we made it down with no problems. After catching the rest of the group we overheard Jeeper4life telling Muddyluxury that he should go around to the rock garden or he could take the easy way out. He told him that he would spot the TJ through and he would never live it down. Well with me driving and Jeeper4life spotting we went through the rock garden and really flexed the little TJ. Even though I was not in my own jeep I had a blast and reall look forward to next years event. Our Trail guide was great, I could not ask for a better trip.
    Last edited by hobbyshopass; 04-25-2010 at 00:32.
    GET ER UNDONE

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really enjoyed getting a chance to meet everyone and put faces with usernames.

Group 1 had a pretty good run and no major problems. Bruce, we all appreciate you and your wife showing us around today.

I really hate that so many left after today. The weather was deteriorating and it just didn't sound like fun for tonight and tomorrow. A shame too as I had been planning this weekend for months. Next time any of y'all want to head back give me some advance notice and I'll head back out.

Warthog, you wanted an after action report right? Do you have an email address we can send that to?
    Last edited by Big Green; 04-25-2010 at 00:49.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2004 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Bragg
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like everyone else had a great trip thanks to some great spotters and a great organizer for the events.

oh yeah and NO BALLS!!

Thanks again Guys.

Mom to all MilJeepers!!!

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Member Spouse
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Hood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the updates.... I am so sorry we missed it again!! Ryans fault.. Iam not taking blame.

You guys looked and sounded like you all had a good time... And thanks for going and supporting the MJ family. One day we will make a camp mj....

Thanks for all the guys and gals (if any) that were rockin' those sweet neon green trail guide shirts, thanks for helping out and looking after the others. I am glad everyone came back with stories to tell and memories to have.

Thanks for taking photos and sharing them with us. I am glad to hear so many people went. Cant wait to see more photos and hear more stories. Keep posting guys!!!

Thanks you again for being part of the 2nd Camp MJ!!!!

No Mas Jeepalonie

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1992 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Campbell
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awsome Glad you had a successful event. The group pic came out great. Hop ours goes as good.
    Jeepless Again

2008 Ford F150

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1991 to 2001

Closest Installation

Bolling AFB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default proof said steeringwheel snafu

Msgt Darnell Breeden you are missed and will not be forgotten. Rest in peace brother

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast