Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default AEV Highline Fender Kit vs. Lift

Looking into one more option. The title says it all what does everyone think?
    Evil is allowed to triumph in the world only when good men stand by and do nothing.....Edmund Burke

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I could do everything over.... I would have kept the stock suspension, run the aev hi line fender/grill, hi lined the rear. Run up to 35s with no issues.

Branch
    Army National Guard
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am thinking of going with this instead of the lift but still doing a belly up and sye with full skids. then regearing and beefing up the steering.
    Evil is allowed to triumph in the world only when good men stand by and do nothing.....Edmund Burke

F it! It ain't my Jeep. Ricky Booby's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2000 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Leonard Wood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am running 3 in springs, with 1" BL. When I get home, I plan on dropping it about 2 inches (getting some used rubicon springs), and then doing a high line setup, with a belly up style skid. Lowering the CoG is a good thing.
    www.pnwjeep.com

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convienent store, not a government agency.

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That kit is awesome, and their attention to detail is great. I saw one in person back up i michigan, beautiful. Plus, a low center of gravity and great ground clearance? can't beat it. If I was doing another TJ/LJ, thats exactly what I would do. And then later on if you want to work the suspension, you can do it in pieces, like flexy control arms to get more flex, sway bar QD's, etc.
    2008 JK Unlimited~ 4" Teraflex lift, 35" BFG KM2's, Dynatrac ProRock 44 e-locked, 5.13's, JKS QD's, JKS F&R Trackbars, MM 9500 winch, Rockhard 4x4 Full Skid System, AEV snorkel, SS brakelines,...and it goes on, and on, and on,..

Rock crawling Infidel BucketOKarma's Avatar

Branch
    Army Reserves
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2005 to Present

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also look into MetalCloak's fenders. They will also allow for 35" tires with no lift and also provide protection. There are two styles, the arch and the overline, no cutting, no new hood, just buy and bolt them in place of your current fenders.... There are a bunch of threads on them in jeepforum (I also think Matson posted a couple pic in here as well), and you can also check out their site....

Here is one of the threads on here, the Overline thread

I was going to go with AEV for my big jeep project, but I think MetalCloak has me with the overline kit and 6" removable flares. Just tossing it out there as another option. I haven't heard anything bad about AEV, in fact I keep hearing they are so good, most people don't even realize they aren't looking at a stock jeep!
    Last edited by BucketOKarma; 05-05-2010 at 19:04.
    - Shane

2000 TJ 2.5L SE, 2" spacers and XJ springs up front, Crown-Vic springs in the rear, Edlebrock shocks, 33" Dayton M/Ts, JKS discos, SYE/CV shaft, Warn gastank skid, 4.88 gears ShrockWorks sliders, OX locker, Camo soundbar, and 04 Willys Edition front seats, still LOOKING FOR A MATCHING REAR SEAT.

HeavyMetalConcepts.com

CampMJ.com

SISOffroad.com

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1995 to 2013

Closest Installation

Fort Drum
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x2 on the Metal Cloak. Besides being a h#ll of a lot cheaper than the AEV kit, they are stronger, the fenders are removable for thos close in situations and you can do front and rear for the price of the AEV front end. And the arched fenders just look badass!
    Just because the road stops doesn't mean you have to!

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot, these guys also make some highline tube fenders if your a fab guy.

http://www.genright.com/
    2008 JK Unlimited~ 4" Teraflex lift, 35" BFG KM2's, Dynatrac ProRock 44 e-locked, 5.13's, JKS QD's, JKS F&R Trackbars, MM 9500 winch, Rockhard 4x4 Full Skid System, AEV snorkel, SS brakelines,...and it goes on, and on, and on,..

darwinism at its best irish1371's Avatar

Branch
    Marine Corps
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1996 to 2002

Closest Installation

Yokota AB
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think rev 111 does also
    "Some people wonder their whole lives if they will ever make a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Pres. Ronald Reagan
    Army vs Marines = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2M7ckkxQLU

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1990 to 1993

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tube fenders up front gave me some clearance over stock fenders and a sawzall took care of the rear. I used a lift but stayed sua(yj). I like the idea of the high line but think they work well together. My current issue is not enough droop so adding f250 shock towers for longer drop to let them droop

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast