1995 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Drum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default a few questions for wart and simple

ok.. I was reading over my build thread about high-lining my fenders and I noticed a few things that I need to ask..

Warthog..
    adding the shock tower as you suggested will do what? Allow me to run a taller shock for more travel? I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

Simple...
    I noticed in your sig. you say "affordable TBI injection" could you explain that? did you swap in donor parts? or was it part of the head swap? I'm tracking about the head swap as it's one of the things I have planned. '

thanks guys
    Grev
    `89 YJ 33's 4" lift, High-lined front and rear "The Mistress"
    ** NOTE TO SELF** it is illegal to stab stupid people in the eye with a pencil

Branch
    Navy
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1999 to 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grevus View Post
    adding the shock tower as you suggested will do what? Allow me to run a taller shock for more travel? I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

Yes, you'll be able to run a larger shock with more travel..... should help if your limiting factor for flex is your shocks.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Sill
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grevus View Post
    Simple...
    I noticed in your sig. you say "affordable TBI injection" could you explain that? did you swap in donor parts? or was it part of the head swap? I'm tracking about the head swap as it's one of the things I have planned. '

thanks guys
    Grev
    He got some parts from a company called Affordable Injection, and the rest of the stuff he already had from previous donnors(GM 4.3 TBI) and salvage yards. I helped out in his FI swap and he got from the company the wiring harness, chip, pump, some sensors and the intake adaptor plate(if I remember right). It was a block leave project and it fired up the first time. PM him if you need more details.

Vice President MJCS simple88wrangler's Avatar

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    1997 to Present

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are correct sir.....I got the wiring harness, chip, fuel pump, check engine light and a collant temp sensor. I got it all for about 460 (with military discount) I already had a tbi throttle body, map sensor and a computer from the junk yard and my previous ride. It was a simple install I think the hardest part was pulling the old computer controlled carb wiring harness and cutting out wires that are not needed. As joey said it fired right up.

I also have the igntion upgrade with the ford distribitor cap and coil. Since the FI swap it fires up ever time with no help from the gas pedal. Like joey said PM if you have any questions.
    /l ,[____],
    l---L []llllll[]-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_) 1988 YJ W/4.0HO, AW4 swap with Rad Shifter, Waggy & Isuzu 44's, Eaton E-Lockers, 5.13 gears, 37" KM2's, Front 3 link with FOA 16 inch coilovers, rear triangulated 4 link w stock TJ coils, WB stretched to 103", Currie anti-rock sway bar, custom highline tube fenders, Rear aluminum crusher corners, Poison Spyder rocker knockers, TNT rear bumper and tire carrier.

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1985 to 1998

Closest Installation

Fort McCoy
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by simple88wrangler View Post
    I also have the igntion upgrade with the ford distribitor cap and coil. Since the FI swap it fires up ever time with no help from the gas pedal. Like joey said PM if you have any questions.
    The TFI is a great upgrade. I had done this before going to HEI.

I found no difference in the performance between the TFI and HEI, and the TFI is cheaper to do.

Also, if you go the HEI route, but quality, like D.U.I.

I bought the 4WDHardware 'house brand' becuase it was $100 cheaper.

Bad mistake, as the quality stunk. It cost me a valve and a piston (along with the headaches associated with the rebuild of said parts)

And then I had to rebuild the dizzy with OEM GM parts, to make it work right.

As long as the people remain armed,
    government knows that it cannot rule over the people by force.
    Those who stand in defiance of unconstitutional laws
    do so out of duty, honor, oath and love of country.

"Certified Jeep Junky!"