User Tag List

Thread: UPS has done me well this week,..

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default UPS has done me well this week,..

My Dynatrac ProRock 44. Locked with 5.13s. Now I just got to get the rear gears swapped out and get my 35's. As much as it sucks, I'm going to wait a bit to install it. My lift has a few issue's I don't like, so I'm going to save in install everything at once. Going to get a rear adjustable trackbar and get rid of the bracket. New Flexy rear lower control arms to match the fronts. New sway bar QD's, Skid Plates and 35 inch BFG KM2's. I do all my work at my folks in Michigan, so the poor axle has to sit there for a month or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 JK Unlimited~ 4" Teraflex lift, 35" BFG KM2's, Dynatrac ProRock 44 e-locked, 5.13's, JKS QD's, JKS F&R Trackbars, MM 9500 winch, Rockhard 4x4 Full Skid System, AEV snorkel, SS brakelines,...and it goes on, and on, and on,..

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Served
    Served
    1975 to 1978

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Curious why you went with the 44's vs the 60's? Was there a big diff in the price?

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Tiff! A fellow St.Louis member! Actually a few reasons. First I was going to opt for the Mopar Rubicon axle, but they're having the same issue's as the Dana 30's with tubes and the C brackets bending. You can brace them, but after doing all that, it is still not as strong as the ProRock and cost about the same after regearing it.

I checked out the 60, it was about $2500-3000 more!! It was alot heavier, and being that this is still a daily driver and I only plan to run 35's, maybe 37's in the future; the 44 is plenty strong enough. Plus, Dynatrac warrenties this axle up to 37's.
    Last edited by michdave; 05-16-2010 at 10:50.
    2008 JK Unlimited~ 4" Teraflex lift, 35" BFG KM2's, Dynatrac ProRock 44 e-locked, 5.13's, JKS QD's, JKS F&R Trackbars, MM 9500 winch, Rockhard 4x4 Full Skid System, AEV snorkel, SS brakelines,...and it goes on, and on, and on,..

Branch
    Army
    Status
    Retired
    Served
    1991 to 2012

Closest Installation

Fort Carson
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waiting really is the worst part. Nice axle dude. What kind of locker did you opt to get with it?
    Sven
    Colorado Springs Chapter Calendar and News

'04 Wrangler Rubi, 5.5" Extreme Duty LA, 35" Goodyear Duratrac's, Warn RC 9.0 (Sold - My life sucks)

Branch
    Air Force
    Status
    Serving
    Served
    2006 to Present

Closest Installation

Scott AFB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with the Mopar E-locker. I'm hoping I don't regret that choice. But, people seem to have decent luck with them, I'm just going to hard wire it in instead of using the factory plugs, so I can use it anytime I want.